Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
What better way to spend a cold evening than with a warm bowl of soup? Too bad the weather here is still fighting the calendar. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the cold, but maybe a little more fall wouldn’t hurt.
Sunday I made pumpkin black bean soup because it had been raining for four days straight and it was gross and miserable outside. I got the recipe from Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes and since it turned out so well, I will probably be back to check out some more recipes.
- In a medium soup pan, saute onions and peppers with a small amount of olive oil over medium heat for approx 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and continue for about another 7 minutes.
- Add spices and stir, then add beans, pumpkin, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in batches (I did 2) until smooth. If you have an immersion blender, you can blend right in the pot, but I used my Vitamix. I let the soup cool for around 15-20 minutes before I blended it.
- Garnish with oregano and serve!