So I am writing this while nice and warm inside. Outside it has been snowing since I woke up and will continue until I go to sleep. I think this should be the last snow of the season (fingers crossed). I’m just taking it in stride.
I wanted to share with you the recipe for salmon that Neil made for brunch last weekend. It was simple yet delicious and I think it is necessary to share with the WORLD.
Cumin Chilli Salmon
- 4 6oz salmon fillets
- few Tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- few tsp red chilli powder
- few tsp ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place salmon in casserole dish (mine is 3qts) and lightly coat with olive oil. You can use your fingers or a basting brush.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish, then sprinkle a few pinches of cumin and chilli powder over the fillets. Adjust quantities to your tastes. I need lots of spice in my life, so we used the chilli powder liberally.
- Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
We always end up serving salmon when people come over because it is so quick to prepare and also so delicious and magical. I want to eat it again while I am staring at this picture.
Tonight we are headed to Costco to pick up some essentials (yes, a giant vat of olive oil is essential) and then I am escaping inside to the warmth where I will spend my evening. Last night was another great leg day at the gym and I am paying for it today, although not as much as I would like. I’d better amp it up next time.
Everyone enjoy your day and make this fish. It’s dope.
Question of the day: Do you like salmon? What’s your favorite way to prepare it?