Running and Relaxing

Happy Monday!

Even though I didn’t do too much this weekend, it felt like it flew by.  Maybe I’ve been spoiled by those three day weekends.  So now it is back to work and figuring out this training schedule for my first half marathon in September.  Sweet.

Saturday

Neil had a work thing that kept him out until around 5 pm, so Saturday was mine for the taking.  I woke up and went for a 7 mile run.  Thanks Fitbit for this sweet recap. I’m still undecided on how I feel about it, but once I solidify my opinions, I’ll let you know.  I need to wear my Garmin and this at the same time, because I feel like the Fitbit is a little generous on the distance.

20140714-152852-55732335.jpg

I barely survived because a) I think I started a little too late and the heat tried to kill me and b) I need to adjust my fueling to the increased mileage.  After I injured myself and took a month hiatus, my appetite went down and I wasn’t eating as much.  I also get most of my carbs from fruit and vegetables, which isn’t going to cut it during training mode.  I need to do some more research on getting enough carbs while also avoiding gluten. More to come on that.

After the run I went immediately to the pool (pit stop for all the ice water I could gulp and my chocolate blueberry basil smoothie) and acted like a lizard for 2 hours. It was glorious.

Once I came home, I grabbed my daily espresso from Starbucks and got to working on my media kit for this site.  I spent a good 2 hours trying to do 8 things at once (connect with me on LinkdIn!) and ended up with a headache.  Sometimes my need for immediate gratification gets the best of me.  I want everything RIGHT NOW.

When Neil was free, I met him and some of his co workers for pho (forgot to picture) and then we grabbed some frozen yogurt from Tutti Frutti. There are two frozen yogurt places that opened up in the same shopping center and I like to go to the smaller one because I feel bad for them.  That’s not the entire reason; they also have Taro flavor which I haven’t seen anywhere else.  It’s my favorite.

20140714-152852-55732689.jpg

Sunday

Sunday I headed to MD to hang out with a friend and came back to VA around 2 pm.  We met for brunch and I got a veggie omelet. I’m comfortable in my box.

20140714-152900-55740526.jpg

After brunch we wandered around nature:

20140714-152900-55740968.jpg

Neil and I went to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes when I got back which was pretty good. The visual effects were incredible, but I’m not sure the story line was anything exceptional. It was good, not great, but enjoyable.

After the movie we headed to Froots, a local smoothie/wrap place that I had wanted to check out.  We didn’t get a smoothie, but both got wraps for dinner.  Again, it was good, not great, but enjoyable.  Neil had a turkey wrap and I had a tuna one.  Neil doesn’t like taking pictures.

20140714-152901-55741546.jpg

20140714-152901-55741876.jpg

The rest of the night was pretty low key and I finished off the rest of my almond butter by slathering it all over some medjool dates. I can’t stop!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Question of the day: Have you seen any good movies lately? What’s your favorite frozen yogurt flavor?

Share:

1. July 14, 2014 / 10:45 pm

Funny you should ask, I watched Dawn of Planet of the Apes today and it’s pretty long but it’s pretty awesome. I like red velvet… mmmmm… red velvet

• July 14, 2014 / 11:35 pm

What a coincidence! I’ve never had red velvet froyo…I’ll have to check it out!

2. July 15, 2014 / 9:18 am

Yes the movie Neighbors was pretty hilarious – I cried a bit. I was shocked it was that awesome 😛 7 miles? Impressive. 😛 Everyone has that dang fitbit band on now! Glad it was a great weekend Erin, take care -Iva

• July 15, 2014 / 9:20 am

Really? I thought neighbors was a comedy? I’ll have to check it out!

3. barif0815
    July 15, 2014 / 10:34 am

Movies? The last one in the theater was The Fault in our Stars and I cried my eyes out. I’ve been re-watching all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Love me some Cap’t Jack Sparrow.

FROYO flavor? I usually go for coconut or coffee and mix in nuts.

If you figure out the carbs with no gluten thing for long runs, please let me know what works. I’ve been trying sweet potatos since they are about the only thing allowed if you are trying to be paleo. Since adding some corn and rice back in, my weight loss has come to a complete halt, so I think I need to get back to zero grains, which is going to make marathon training very difficult.

• July 15, 2014 / 3:10 pm

I made the mistake of seeing A Fault In Our Stars too. I knew to bring tissues though!!

I think marathon training with ZERO grains will also be difficult! Have you tried quinoa? I’m thinking that may be an easy way to get more carbs in but I’ll have to experiment

4. July 15, 2014 / 12:48 pm

Great job on your run! I have never seen a taro flavored froyo before… what does it even taste like???

Also, I’m totally with you on wanting to do EVERYTHING from Fitbloggin all at once. Except that sometimes I’m so overwhelmed I just dont do anything. haha.

• July 15, 2014 / 3:11 pm

I do the same thing. There’s too much and then I do nothing. It’s good to work on balance!

I can’t even tell you what it tastes like…heaven? It’s like vanilla and almond and nutty and delicious?

5. July 15, 2014 / 1:00 pm

I love Taro and Cookies and Cream froyo. I’m interested to see what you find about avoiding the gluten. I have a gluten intolerance that really acts up when I run so I’m trying to find new things to fuel up with and during my runs.

• July 15, 2014 / 3:12 pm

Yay someone else loves taro! I’ve never seen it anywhere else though.

I’m definitely going to look into gf foods that work w longer distance running!