Calm Before The Storm

Happy Monday!

This last weekend was definitely the calm before the storm.  Things are finally official with Neil’s work, so now we have to concentrate on the when of moving.  Our next two weekends are booked, but after that I will no longer be working and we can figure out a more final date for getting to Chicago.  There are still some unknowns (anyone want to buy a house?), so while we are excited to start this new chapter, there is still some stress that comes along with all this change.

So I did what a normal person would do in this situation and spent this weekend doing pretty much nothing.  It was great.

Saturday

Neil and I went to see The Equalizer at a movie theater near us that we hadn’t been to yet.  The Alamo is also a restaurant of sorts and you can place food orders throughout the movie and have them brought to you while you watch.  It was definitely a unique experience, but I don’t think I need to order meals at a movie again.  After awhile it was creepy that I couldn’t see my food and then I got paranoid that someone peed on it because that’s the kind of brain I have. You’re welcome for that.

I got an avocado pesto burger that also had garlic hummus on it.  It was good,  but I didn’t take a picture of it for obvious reasons.

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

We went to the mall after the movie so that I could stock up on more Bath and Body Works candles because you can never have enough.

Sunday

Sunday was also pretty slow paced.  My mom came to visit so I met her and my sister for lunch in downtown Leesburg.  I was planning on running after I met up with them, though, so I only got an espresso.

IMG_4166.JPG

They had some bangin sandwiches with delicious cheese.

IMG_4140.JPG

After lunch I hopped on the W & OD Trail as I like to do and went for a run.  I didn’t have a distance in mind, but my body told me 6 miles was good after I got going.  I love being able to run in the middle of the afternoon now that the weather has cooled off.  I do not like that it is below 50 degrees when I want to run before work though.

IMG_4163.PNG

I think the espresso helped my times out.

I will now bombard you with pictures of running in the fall.  The weather was perfect.  At the turnaround point, I came across an abandoned barn which I then explored because I LOVE abandoned buildings.

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

Sunday night I perfected my waffle maker chocolate chip cookies and now have a whole bag of cookie dough that I need to use.  COOKIE WAFFLES EVERY NIGHT.

IMG_4131.JPG

That’s my weekend…how was yours?

Question of the day: Are you happy the weather is changing?

Share:

1. October 6, 2014 / 7:20 pm

OOH! I feel your pain! Last October we came to Louisiana to visit my in-laws on vacation, discovered her EXTREMELY deteriorating health, found a house and got my husband a job THAT week, we went home to Florida and gave his 2 weeks notice to return to Louisiana, live with his mom and start his new job while I stayed in Florida to pack our house and move 5 1/2 weeks later. Whirlwind!!
    Denise recently posted…Friend Makin MondayMy Profile

October 6, 2014 / 8:50 pm

That’s crazy!! Glad you got through it which means I can too 🙂

2. October 6, 2014 / 7:23 pm

Weekend full of nothing here too and I love it! When the weather turns like this I love to take a moment to take it slow and see what the season holds – admire the changes and it was the perfect weekend to do just that. It became instantly chilly this weekend so it was evident Fall has arrived. Love it! Have a great one and best of luck finalizing all your plans for moving! Take Care Erin -Iva
    AwesomelyOZ recently posted…GTFO: The Elaborate Rituals of A Muslim WeddingMy Profile

3. October 7, 2014 / 8:49 am

Ah! So exciting that you have such a big move planned! I’ve never been to Chicago but hear it’s wonderful!

I’ve been wanting to try the Alamo. I agree that eating in the dark is kind of weird. I’d be afraid of things crawling in my food.

I hear ya on the BBW candles. I worked there for a year when I was 18 and I don’t think I’ll ever need to buy body spray ever again. I can recognize sweet pea from a mile away.

I’ve been on the W&OD trail many times but have never seen that barn. So cool! Will have to explore a little farther down the trail. 🙂

October 7, 2014 / 8:53 am

Out west more on the trail there’s more nature and water and things. Also creepy barns which are the best 🙂

4. Konika
    October 7, 2014 / 10:00 am

I love how you will go into an abandoned creepy barn, but will worry about someone peeing on your food. LOL How was The Equalizer?

October 7, 2014 / 2:52 pm

Haha good point. It was good! Gone girl is up next

5. October 8, 2014 / 12:44 pm

Definitely happy the weather is changing but my weather change isn’t quite like yours. Instead of 97 degrees, we 85 degrees. I can’t wait for things to really cool down. But your pictures from your run make me smile.
    Angela recently posted…I roasted my first pumpkin yesterdayMy Profile

October 8, 2014 / 7:52 pm

Whoa that’s hot. Does it ever get cool down there??