Five Things Friday #27

It’s Friday! More specifically, Five Things Friday.

What are you guys doing this weekend? I think I have a pretty uneventful time planned yet again which sounds great to me. Tomorrow I am attending a 6 am class at Crosstown Fitness (why???) and then have the rest of the day to putz around.  If you have any exciting plans, feel free to share them so that I can steal your ideas.

This week has actually been pretty busy for me as I have been shadowing, eating, networking, working on some freelance stuff, and eating some more. Maybe it’s good if I just relax this weekend. While you are enjoying this fine Friday, check out some of my favorites of the week:

1. Facebook Page

As I mentioned the other day, I bit the bullet and started a FB page for Erin’s Inside Job. I already had a Twitter and Instagram page (are we friends??), but figured I would go hard or go home. Click on the picture below to be BFFs on FB.

Untitled

2. New Protein Powder

I have been whining about how the last plant based protein powder was the worst thing ever, but after doing some research I bought Sunwarrior’s Classic Protein Powder (<– affiliate) and it is AMAZING. I have only had it for 2 days but I love it.  The taste is leaps and bounds better than my previous one and I think I may be in love.

IMG_1162.JPG

3. Letterpress App & Sporcle

Neil and I downloaded this app the other night because we wanted to play a game. It is reminiscent of Scrabble and the goal is to have more of your color on the board than your opponent.  I love word games, so we have killed a lot of time with this (that’s me winning by the way).

IMG_1136.PNG

It’s good if you have someone to play with, but I get frustrated with the time it takes for a random online person to play. For those times when I can’t find anyone who is devoting all of their time and energy into combining words, another go to trivia site is Sporcle.  I have been going there periodically since college and there are constantly new trivia games added.  It’s one of my favorite sites ever.

LogoReflect

(source)

4. The Little Friend

I picked this book up at Costco last week and have been reading it ever since. It is by the same author as The Goldfinch, which was also on a previous Five Things Friday.  I love the way it is written and it doesn’t hurt that it centers around trying to solve a decade long murder mystery.

IMG_1173.JPG

5. Fitness Adventures

Last night I had the opportunity to attend Sweatworking, which is a monthly event put on by A Sweat Life.  I was able to reconnect with Sara and Suz and even meet some new people (hi Nikki and Amanda!).  Last night’s class was held at Equinox in Lincoln Park and while I don’t know that I was a huge fan of the class itself, I definitely liked reuniting and networking! I’m looking forward to February’s unless the world freezes over. By the world I mean Chicago and I am just waiting for the ball to drop on this manageable weather.

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

Hey, have a great weekend!!

• What’s one of your favorite things this week?
  • What’s the last good book you read?
  • What is your favorite game?

1. Konika
    January 23, 2015 / 10:04 am

Ooooh, I’m going to try this protein powder! Thanks!!!

January 23, 2015 / 11:00 am

Yup, no soy for you either! Let me know how you like it!

January 23, 2015 / 11:02 am

I haven’t actually. I was contemplating reading Unbroken but chose Wild instead. I will prob read it though bc Im sure Ill see the movie at some point and I always like reading the book first. I feel like I should have read Memoirs of a Geisha, but I never got around to it. Let me know how it is!

January 23, 2015 / 11:00 am

I know-it’s amazing! I could get lost for hours on that site!

2. January 23, 2015 / 11:11 am

OMG Sporcle was where it was at my 4th year. One of our friends could do the name every country thing and we were pretty decent at the others. I used to have the app on my phone 😀
    And Sunwarrior was probably the first protein powder that I ever actually used–fond memories. So glad that I got to see you last night! We’ll figure out a meet up soon!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Photo Shoot In Chicago with Jennifer Claire PhotographyMy Profile

3. January 23, 2015 / 1:50 pm

I have been meaning to try Sun Warrior. Now that you gave it such good reviews I will have to! I’m lactose intolerant so I only do vegetarian (non whey based) powders and my current fave is Plant Fusion. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Jill recently posted…The Best Parts of My Day…My Profile

January 25, 2015 / 6:36 pm

Same story for me. I also dont have anything against hemp, but I get absurdly paranoid that something will go wrong during a drug test so I stay away from it just in case!

January 25, 2015 / 6:37 pm

Sweet! Im looking forward to reading all about it. Thanks again for the invite!

4. January 24, 2015 / 5:54 am

Hope the 6am class went well this morning!
    That book sounds SO good, just added it to my Goodreads want to read list.
    Currently reading a light chick lit book: The Undomestic Goddess
    Jen@jpabstfitness recently posted…Friday Fitness {1}My Profile

January 25, 2015 / 6:37 pm

I have spent hours reading it today so I’d say Im still loving it! The class was good but even better when I got home and took a nap 🙂

5. January 25, 2015 / 7:45 am

I will have to add you on facebook …and instagram! I am currently reading: When Mr. Dog Bites by Brian Conaghan it’s a fictional book based on his experience growing up with Tourette’s Syndrome – it’s so good. I haven’t read any Donna Tartt but I hear people like her!

Hope your weekend was a good one! 🙂

January 25, 2015 / 6:40 pm

Hmmm sounds intriguing. It made me think of I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. Have you heard of it? Definitely an interesting read.

January 25, 2015 / 6:40 pm

Im interested in hearing how the vanilla one is, so if you go for that let me know!

January 27, 2015 / 1:18 pm

Yay! Me too. Come say hi!!

January 27, 2015 / 1:19 pm

Yes you need to come! The next one is 2/28 at Power Sculpt Fitness. DO IT.