Five Things Friday #28

Happy Friday ladies and gents! I am feeling much better today both physically and emotionally. I think on top of being wrapped up in feelings yesterday I started to not feel so well physically and my stomach started acting weird for the rest of the day. I was able to take a 2 hour break from my madness for lunch with Susie at Seasons 52 and that definitely helped things along.  Thankfully I woke up well rested this morning and headed out for Friday’s workout at Sweat and now here I am with all you fine friends!

There has been a lot going on this week for me, so let’s dive right into this week’s Five Things Friday:

1. Being Published on Huffington Post

Ok, I promise I will stop talking about this, but I am super excited to be published! When I was younger I wanted to be both an author and a marine biologist simultaneously, so it makes me happy to be able to flex my writing muscles.  I definitely still love everything water related, but I don’t think that that is in the cards anytime soon.  If you haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, you can find it here.

hp

2. Foodease

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I made a trip to Foodease (thanks Susie!) for lunch on Monday and it was a glorious paradise of salads.  They also had some prepared foods and made to order sandwiches, but I was quite content with all the salad.

IMG_1217.JPG

There is also a “quiet room” that is located through a small wine room and this is where I was able to swiftly pay for my salad and then devour it.  I love hidden rooms and nooks, so this was great. I felt like I was in a members only room, but I’m pretty sure that I’m the only one who was excited about it.

IMG_1220.JPG

3. “Chicago” by Frank Sinatra

Yesterday I was listening to Frank Sinatra radio on Pandora because, well, I love him.  For all the books and audio I have of Frank, I somehow had missed this song.  Maybe I have heard it and not paid much attention to it, but since I am now living in Chicago, I got super excited.

4. Blue Apron

I am planning a full post on Blue Apron, but for now I wanted to add it to this list because I finally had a chance to make all three meals that came and I really enjoyed them all! There is another shipment being delivered today and I am pretty pumped about being able to have all my dinner ingredients and recipes delivered right to my door.

IMG_1225.JPG

5. Old Navy Workout Pants

Since I have been going to the gym a lot more, I had to get some more workout clothes. My life is hard. I have typically just worn shorts when I work out, but since I now have a 20 min walk to and from work in the winter, I decided to invest in some more tights and capris. I can’t justify the prices at higher end exercise stores, so I typically get my gear from Old Navy, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls.  I have also found some cute things at Target but I haven’t tried our their bottoms yet.

Whenever I go to Old Navy there seems to be some kind of sale, so I ended up buying two pairs. I got another black pair because they go with everything (the LBD of exercise) and then I saw the most amazing purple pair of capris that had to be mine. I am on the hunt for more bright green clothes (not neon, more kelly), so if anyone finds any let me know!

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

So those are some of my favorites this week…what are yours? I hope everyone has an amazing weekend and do not root for the Seahawks (if you are watching) because they made my poor Packers so sad.

• What is one of your favorite things this week?
  • Have you tried Target exercise bottoms? How are they?
  • Do you prefer quiet or busy places?

1. January 30, 2015 / 11:48 am

Love those capris! I always admire fun, funky workout pants, and yet somehow I always end up buying boring black ones myself. I’m no fun at all! haha. But I do love Old Navy workout gear. It’s pretty decent quality and at a very affordable price!

Also, GO SEAHAWKS! Sorry, I had to! 🙂
    Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted…Starbucks, Sugar and a YAY moment! {Five Favorites Friday}My Profile

February 2, 2015 / 1:17 pm

Yeah, that was the first pair I bought that were colorful. Black definitely goes w everything, but I wanted to have something that has a little color. Now if I can only find bright green ones!

I am ignoring your Seahawks comment 🙂

February 2, 2015 / 1:18 pm

I will let you know! I am all about a date. We can set one up when I see you in class next (that’s a reason for you to come there!)

2. January 30, 2015 / 12:50 pm

I love the Old Navy tights! I will have to go looking at ours. I’m a Packers fan but still rooting for the Seahawks. It’s NOT their fault that it seemed like the Packers just gave up in the 4th quarter. It was like we handed the game to them. They took advantage of it, no harm in that. The Packers would have done that had the tables been turned. It was just a good game. Good football.
    Amy @ Mama Running for God recently posted…Running BlissMy Profile

February 2, 2015 / 1:18 pm

Yeah that whole game was crazy at the end. Glad to meet a fellow Packers fan!

3. January 30, 2015 / 1:55 pm

I love Old Navy workout pants–glad you have crazy purple ones too so that I can be in good company 😀 we are going to twin so hard for our running yoga brunch dates. Also I kind of have a tradition of going to foodease after long runs while wearing compression 😀
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Whole Foods Streeterville, Lunch Dates, and MY ChallengeMy Profile

February 2, 2015 / 1:19 pm

I like all the words in that comment

February 2, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Oh good then I may pick some up next time. I LOVE Target!

4. January 31, 2015 / 9:45 am

Congrats on your Huffington Post publication!!! 🙂 Very good work chicka!! I’m trying to find one of those BlueApron type home delivery meals that are reasonably priced and delish – I’ll have to do more homework though to see if it’s worth it compared to me actually cooking – which I don’t mind much anyway. Have a great one Erin! -Iva

February 2, 2015 / 1:21 pm

Thanks Iva! I am on week 2 and so far I am definitely loving Blue Apron. It is all super easy! Check back when I go my review and there will be a link w 2 free meals if you sign up. Maybe you can try it out and if you don’t like it after you start, you can cancel whenever.

February 2, 2015 / 1:22 pm

That’s what I hear, but my brain just can’t justify it!

5. February 2, 2015 / 4:28 am

Wow just found your blog and have been binge reading your posts (lol weirdo much?). What an incredible story you have!!
    And that is amazing that you were on Huff post!!

My new favorite thing from this past week was my new Fat Bike. Seriously the greatest thing ever cuz I am now able to ride my bike in the snow (in Michigan).

Have an awesome day!

February 2, 2015 / 1:23 pm

Not weird at all. I do that all the time. Thanks for reading!

That bike sounds amazing. I think I saw a similar one not too long ago here in Chicago and thought it looked magical.