I don’t know about you, but chocolate chip cookies are my favorite of all time. Whenever I am craving a cookie, I always go to the tried and true chocolate chip. My problem is that I usually only crave one or two cookies, but wind up making a whole recipe. This means I am stuck with cookies FOR DAYS and of course I eat at least 3 a day trying to dispose of them.
Last weekend I discovered how to make ONE chocolate chip cookie in less than a minute. No oven, no baking sheet, no cooling rack. My life was forever changed.
If you eat this cookie right out of the microwave, a) it is hot and b) it will still be a little fluffy. The longer you let it sit, the denser it will become so keep that in mind depending on how you like the consistency of your cookies.
I needed some better pictures of this masterpiece, so guess what I had for breakfast?
60 Second Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Servings: 1 cookie
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp sucanat or brown sugar
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3.5 Tbsp white flour
- 2-3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in the mug. This usually takes between 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir together the sugars, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the egg yolk and flour and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Put mug in microwave for 40-50 seconds and no longer than 1 minute. Mine takes 45 seconds to cook.
Linking up with Amanda today for Thinking Out Loud.
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
- What are some other flavors you would like to see in mug form?