60 Second Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie

I don’t know about you, but chocolate chip cookies are my favorite of all time. Whenever I am craving a cookie, I always go to the tried and true chocolate chip. My problem is that I usually only crave one or two cookies, but wind up making a whole recipe. This means I am stuck with cookies FOR DAYS and of course I eat at least 3 a day trying to dispose of them.

Last weekend I discovered how to make ONE chocolate chip cookie in less than a minute. No oven, no baking sheet, no cooling rack.  My life was forever changed.

cookieIf you eat this cookie right out of the microwave, a) it is hot and b) it will still be a little fluffy. The longer you let it sit, the denser it will become so keep that in mind depending on how you like the consistency of your cookies.

IMG_1399.JPG

I needed some better pictures of this masterpiece, so guess what I had for breakfast?

IMG_1401.JPG

60 Second Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie

Servings: 1 cookie

• 1 Tbsp salted butter
  • 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 Tbsp sucanat or brown sugar
  • 2-3 drops vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3.5 Tbsp white flour
  • 2-3 Tbsp chocolate chips
  1. Melt the butter in the mug. This usually takes between 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
  2. Stir together the sugars, salt, and vanilla.
  3. Add the egg yolk and flour and stir until combined.
  4. Add chocolate chips and stir.
  5. Put mug in microwave for 40-50 seconds and no longer than 1 minute. Mine takes 45 seconds to cook.
  6. DEVOUR.

Linking up with Amanda today for Thinking Out Loud.

• What did you have for breakfast?
  • What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
  • What are some other flavors you would like to see in mug form?

1. Mudita
    February 12, 2015 / 10:25 am

Wow! This could be a total game-changer…

February 12, 2015 / 11:25 am

Oh it is. Dangerous.

February 12, 2015 / 2:11 pm

They’re dangerous!

2. February 12, 2015 / 9:04 pm

This looks yummy! I just have a question – how do you separate just the yolk from the egg?!
    Jill recently posted…Self Care is not SelfishMy Profile

February 12, 2015 / 9:25 pm

I just break the egg and then transfer the yolk from one half of the shell to the other until the white of the egg falls into a separate bowl. You can also separate it through your hand if you don’t mind getting a little messy 🙂

3. February 13, 2015 / 8:58 am

This looks so good! I am excited to try it! Chocolate Chip Cookies are my absolute favorite and usually I end up eating the whole batch! This may just help me! 🙂
    Lindsey @Fit Life Pursuits recently posted…My Five Friday FavoritesMy Profile

4. February 13, 2015 / 9:57 am

I’m definitely going to have to try this ASAP. I love the whole mug cookie phenomena, but just haven’t found a recipe that works perfectly yet! My last batch came out so dense it was hardly even edible. I had to poor some almond milk over top! haha.
    Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted…WIAW: Official pregnancy meals editionMy Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:09 pm

Let me know how it turns out! Luckily I am almost out of flour so I stopped myself from making more!

February 16, 2015 / 1:11 pm

Anytime! Thanks for reading! Let me know how it turns out 🙂

February 24, 2015 / 1:51 pm

That sounds amazing! If I had some I would definitely make one right now. Glad they turned out well!