Five Things Friday #30

Who else is glad that it is Friday? Does anyone have any Valentine’s plans for the weekend? Neil and I don’t really do anything special, but I do eat a lot of chocolate. Not because it is Valentine’s, but because it is a day that ends in “Y.”

I have a random assortment of things to share with you this week for Five Things Friday, so bear with me.

1. Whole Foods

I have gone to Whole Foods more times than is necessary this week. A new location opened up near us that is larger than the next closest one. Neil and I grabbed dinner there last night–he had a selection from their ramen bar and I got a bowl of goodies in BBQ sauce.

Earlier in the week I also grabbed a small container of their garbanzo cakes and broke them up over a salad I made at home.  They were spicy, but everything calls for more Sriracha.

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

2. Workouts

My work schedule makes it super easy for me to get a workout in and I have been loving the ones this week.  Take this butt/legs workout from Wednesday that still has me hobbling around.

IMG_1382.JPG

On Tuesday night I attended a complimentary class at Sproing hosted by Chicago Running Bloggers and Windy City Blogger Collective. I plan to go into it in more detail, but right now I am pumped that I was able to work it out next to my friend Lauren and we both did well enough to have our picture taken for the #dripwall. Ballin.

IMG_1380.JPG

3. 60 Second Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie

I don’t think this needs an explanation.

I do want to add that I had a request yesterday for a vegan version, so if that is an option you are looking for try replacing the butter with Earth Balance or coconut oil and the egg yolk with a “flax egg”: 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 Tbsp water. Make sure to let the “egg” sit and gel up for about 5-10 min before adding it to the batter.

cookie4. Media

This is a very broad topic category, but I didn’t know how else to describe it. I read more articles this week than I normally do and I wanted to share some of my favorites.

I learned about this Instagram account:

igAn article about why structural differences in people require that they squat differently.

House of Cards was accidentally released a couple weeks early on Netflix and was available for a 20 minute window before they yanked it away. Curses.

Also since this counts as media, my brother’s text message replies to me giving him workout suggestions:

IMG_1392.PNG

5. Teaching Class!

I was able to teach two classes this week and I am feeling better about being up and leading the pack if you will. I don’t know why I phrased it liked that, disregard. I am excited to keep going and get my “graduation class” scheduled around the end of the month!

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1365.PNG

Have a great weekend!

• Do you do anything for Valentine’s Day?
  • What is one thing you are loving this week?
  • What was your workout today? Give me some inspiration!

1. February 13, 2015 / 10:09 am

Hi! I’m not a big Valentine’s person! But, I am looking forward to dinner with a friend tonight! What kind of classes do you teach? I did a Cardio Fix workout this morning as part of a 21-Day Fix program I am doing. Cardio is not my favorite type of workout but I got through it! Have a great weekend!
    Lindsey @Fit Life Pursuits recently posted…My Five Friday FavoritesMy Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:10 pm

I teach classes that are basically HIIT/bootcamp/circuit in nature. The workout is always different every day which is something I love!

February 16, 2015 / 1:10 pm

I went to WF the other day and expected to see you but realized you weren’t in town. If you had been Im sure I would have 🙂

2. February 13, 2015 / 11:23 am

We are not big V-Day people, we’ll buy ourselves a present and thank the other person, I’m getting new shoes 😉 Haha.

That mug cookie will be mine this afternoon during naptime.

No workout yet, but I’m thinking of something easy for tonight. It’s been a really long week.
    Jen@jpabstfitness recently posted…Fitness Friday {#4}My Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:11 pm

I love that idea of buying something and thanking the other person!

February 16, 2015 / 1:11 pm

Nice to see you on the salmon train. It is so delicious I want to eat it all the time!

3. February 13, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Hi Erin! So cool you tried Sproing, I don’t think we have it in SF, but I’d love to try it one day. Also, those garbanzo cakes look good. You are the SECOND person to talk about that IG account today, which I hadn’t heard of. And for the weekend? Looks like the husband and I will go on a dinner date, but I’m not totally sure because he is planning it. My favorite thing about this week was getting a grill. We weren’t able to have one for many years in little city apartments but finally got a little patio in our current spot. It’s fun to grill! Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…Friday Favorites: Sweets, cooking, beauty + blogMy Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:12 pm

It definitely is fun to grill! The closest we come to that is using our George Foreman to grill things. It works, but it’s definitely not the same as being outside!

4. February 13, 2015 / 3:49 pm

I have to limit my Whole Foods trips!! I spend WAY too much money there! Same with Trader Joes!!
    Kim recently posted…ips – Egg White Ch(ips)My Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:13 pm

I used to have an even bigger problem when I didn’t manage my money carefully. I love it all; I just wish it was cheaper!

5. February 13, 2015 / 6:24 pm

Awesome things 🙂 I love Whole Foods, even better that I work right in the same block as one so I can walk there when I need a pick me up or just to get away. Mmm you don’t need to say anything at all about that 60 second cookie.. It’s good just looking at it. Have a great weekend Erin! -iva
    AwesomelyOZ recently posted…Email Rage: Is It Worth It?My Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:13 pm

If you make that cookie let me know how it is!