I sat down and didn’t know what to write. This was the third or fourth weekend in a row that was super lazy and spent mainly reading or watching movies with Neil. I did get in a 4 mile run on Sunday, but aside from that it was oh so boring.
A lot of times having this blog is a good way for me to stay accountable, but other times it pushes me a little too far into thinking that I should be doing x, y or z. I have to check myself when that happens and find out what behavior is true to me and not being done so that I can showcase some kind of alternative life that I don’t actually live. Would it be motivational to see that my weekend was spent running for days or preparing super healthy meals? Probably, but it would be forcing me to offer a portrayal of my life that isn’t 100% accurate.
ANYWAY, my point is that I would love to come here Monday after Monday regaling you with stories of my adventurous weekends, but truthfully sometimes I just want to chill out and eat deep dish pizza. I work pretty hard during the week getting all my ducks in a row and the weekends are times when I like to take things a little easier.
So since I don’t have any pictures of me doing crazy strength workouts or gallivanting around town, here is a very random Monday selection:
2. Neil and I are headed to CA on Wednesday for 5 days, so we needed to make sure to make all of the Blue Apron meals that were delivered on Friday. We made a lot of food this weekend. I just realized I don’t have a picture of the third meal because I was just eating it while making it and didn’t take the time to plate it like a boss.
Remember to click here to redeem 2 free meals for those new to Blue Apron!!
4. Did anyone watch the SNL 40th anniversary special last night? I stayed up later than normal so that I could watch it all. So good!
5. I am teaching the 6 am and 7 am classes at Sweat tomorrow so if you live in Chicago you should come be my friend. If not, you should come anyway!
6. I signed up for the Chicago Spring Half Marathon so I guess it’s time to get back on that treadmill until it warms up again outside. I am planning on completing the Chicagoland Half Marathon Race Series, so that means running this one and the Chicago Half in September. If you sign up for that one by 2/22 you save $60 on your registration!
7. I finally finished The Little Friend and was able to start on The Girl on The Train. I did’t get very far, but so far so good. I am intrigued.
Since 7 is my lucky number, I think I will stop there for the day. I am linking up with Katie today for Marvelous in My Monday!
I hope you all had a great weekend and a great Monday!
- What’s one random thing you did this weekend?
- What are you reading right now?
- Do you prefer busy or lazy weekends?