Monday Mashup

Hello hello!

I sat down and didn’t know what to write. This was the third or fourth weekend in a row that was super lazy and spent mainly reading or watching movies with Neil. I did get in a 4 mile run on Sunday, but aside from that it was oh so boring.

A lot of times having this blog is a good way for me to stay accountable, but other times it pushes me a little too far into thinking that I should be doing x, y or z.  I have to check myself when that happens and find out what behavior is true to me and not being done so that I can showcase some kind of alternative life that I don’t actually live. Would it be motivational to see that my weekend was spent running for days or preparing super healthy meals? Probably, but it would be forcing me to offer a portrayal of my life that isn’t 100% accurate.

ANYWAY, my point is that I would love to come here Monday after Monday regaling you with stories of my adventurous weekends, but truthfully sometimes I just want to chill out and eat deep dish pizza.  I work pretty hard during the week getting all my ducks in a row and the weekends are times when I like to take things a little easier.

So since I don’t have any pictures of me doing crazy strength workouts or gallivanting around town, here is a very random Monday selection:

1. Check out my article for RunBuzz that was published this morning!  If you can’t get enough, also check out my podcast that went live last week.

buzz2. Neil and I are headed to CA on Wednesday for 5 days, so we needed to make sure to make all of the Blue Apron meals that were delivered on Friday. We made a lot of food this weekend. I just realized I don’t have a picture of the third meal because I was just eating it while making it and didn’t take the time to plate it like a boss.

Remember to click here to redeem 2 free meals for those new to Blue Apron!!

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG3. If you take the shrapnel left over from your cereal bag and mix peanut butter and melted dark chocolate, you have a winning combination.

IMG_1417.JPG

4. Did anyone watch the SNL 40th anniversary special last night? I stayed up later than normal so that I could watch it all. So good!

5. I am teaching the 6 am and 7 am classes at Sweat tomorrow so if you live in Chicago you should come be my friend. If not, you should come anyway!

IMG_1145.JPG

6. I signed up for the Chicago Spring Half Marathon so I guess it’s time to get back on that treadmill until it warms up again outside.  I am planning on completing the Chicagoland Half Marathon Race Series, so that means running this one and the Chicago Half in September. If you sign up for that one by 2/22 you save $60 on your registration!

ChicagoSpringHalf_Masthead_02_2__1__3278019559_m

7. I finally finished The Little Friend and was able to start on The Girl on The Train. I did’t get very far, but so far so good. I am intrigued.

IMG_1425.JPG

Since 7 is my lucky number, I think I will stop there for the day. I am linking up with Katie today for Marvelous in My Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend and a great Monday!

• What’s one random thing you did this weekend?
  • What are you reading right now?
  • Do you prefer busy or lazy weekends?

1. Tracy
    February 16, 2015 / 11:45 am

I just finished The Girl on the Train. It was really good!!

February 16, 2015 / 1:14 pm

Oh good! Im looking forward to getting more of it read!

2. February 16, 2015 / 12:00 pm

I love lazy weekends! Especially in the winter. It was so cold and miserable here the entire weekend that all I could do was stay under a heated blanket and read and binge watch tv. The only time I left the house was for a long ass workout on Saturday morning which I really only was motivated to do so I could eat valentine’s candy and pizza lol. I just started reading “Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls” by David Sedaris — I love him!
    Erin recently posted…4 Things I Learned from My FatherMy Profile

February 16, 2015 / 1:15 pm

That sounds like an amazing weekend. Our weekends sound like soulmates.

3. February 16, 2015 / 1:04 pm

Hey Erin,

Glad you took some time to relax over the weekend. To answer your questions:

1. I did nothing random this weekend.
    2. I am not reading anything at the moment, although I have a novel lined up for the last two weeks.
    3. I much prefer lazy weekends although they are always busy.

February 16, 2015 / 1:15 pm

I think I have lucked out by having the weekends be so light! Im sure once the weather gets warmer things will be busy 🙂

4. February 16, 2015 / 3:43 pm

Girl, you are a freaking freelancing MACHINE. And the food. mmmmmmmm I am an eating machine at the moment. I don’t know what is going to happen when I don’t run marathons any more.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Weekend Recap and Seattle Trip Part 1!My Profile

February 17, 2015 / 12:01 pm

It seems to just all be happening at once and Im sure itll slow down haha.

I cant wait to get some more running in for this half marathon and eat everything in sight!

February 17, 2015 / 12:02 pm

Whoa that book gets great reviews! Maybe I will have to add it to my list. You’ll have to pass me some recommendations for sure 🙂

February 17, 2015 / 12:02 pm

I totally agree. If I have a whole month of busy weekends I feel like I will collapse!

February 17, 2015 / 12:03 pm

I’ll be in Santa Monica visiting my inlaws. Bring on the sun!

5. February 17, 2015 / 12:24 pm

Thanks for the info about the half marathons! I was definitely planning on running in May but I had no idea about the double race deal. Wooo!

I loveeee the bottom of the cereal box. Your concoction sounds heavenly!
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…Whoops I almost missed MondayMy Profile