9 Things I Will Think Out Loud

Alright you guys, I hope you are ready for a brain and photo dump. I have a lot of my future posts planned out since I started using CoSchedule, but today is not one of them. It’s a good thing that it’s Thursday and Thursday = Thinking Out Loud.

1. Let’s start this party off right, shall we? I saw this on FB the other day and it brought me joy.

IMG_1843.PNG

2. My calves have been getting extremely sore after runs in my new shoes. At first my shins started hurting which scared me because the last time that happened I ended up with a (self diagnosed) stress fracture and could barely put weight on my leg, much less run. I have been careful to thoroughly stretch my calves before running, but the combination of adding running back into the mix and a different shoe structure has meant super sore calves. I’m debating whether to switch my workout routine from 3 days at Sweat and 2 running to 2 Sweat:3 running.

IMG_1700.JPG

3. Remember those mystery clothes? It turns out that I was sent them by mistake from a network I belong to for a campaign I am not in. I was asked to mail them to the intended recipient and then submit my receipt for reimbursement. I’m not sure that’s the best idea considering that I have already worn and washed some of the items. I’m making a pitch to just be included in the campaign since I’m already invested in it, but we will see how that goes. I don’t think the other Erin wants my sweaty capris.

IMG_1795.JPG

4. I am warming up to Trader Joe’s. It’s still not somewhere I would do all of my grocery shopping, but I do find interesting things like these kale sprouts.  Also a place that sells jazz apples (the BEST apples) by the bagful is my kinda place. Also, I wish they had an official Twitter so we could be friends. Twitter = deep meaningful relationship.

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

5. How does this work?

IMG_1820.JPG

6. I was throwing away all the audio boxes last week and found an E. I told you this was going to be random.

IMG_1802.JPG

7. I have been making a concerted effort to switch my perspective when things happen that I don’t like. It helps me look for the positive and stop dwelling in the negative.  Take for instance the random snow attack on Monday. I started off by cursing my boots that are not waterproof, but by the end of the day I was able to appreciate the beauty that it brought.

IMG_1829.JPG(Follow me on Instagram!)

8. I don’t think I’ve shared how distraught I am that I can’t watch the 5th season of Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime. The other 4 are free, but you have to pay for 5. I took to Twitter because I was so outraged. Notice the 2 question marks. That means I’m livid and I mean business.

I’ve taken to starting the Sopranos since I have been living under a rock and never watched it.

IMG_1849.PNG9. Related to #8, I read this post about “binge watching” yesterday and immediately identified. I am working on an article about my issue with the term “exercise addict,” and “binge watching” can be grouped right in there with phrases that are thrown around but actually have a darker connotation for some people. For me, I know that spending an extended period of time watching something means I am usually using it as an escape. Be it responsibility, feelings, or anything else that makes me uncomfortable, watching hours on end of shows or movies doesn’t allow me to actually face my life. It’s a way for me to dissociate and I need to be mindful of that.

On that heavier note, here is a baby goat to make you smile.

baby goat

(source)

I am off to Costco prepared with both debit cards so that I don’t experience an incident like last time. Enjoy your Thursday!!

• What’s your favorite show right now?
  • How easy is it for you to switch your perspective on a negative situation?
  • What’s your favorite animal?

1. Carla
    March 26, 2015 / 8:48 am

Thank you so much for sharing my post. I actually am about the mindless bother watching at times – – I shall just from here on out refer to it as marathon watching 🙂

March 26, 2015 / 8:50 am

Anytime! I know not everyone watches for the same reasons, but as an addict it can become an issue for me so I have to be aware of why I’m doing it. I definitely don’t mind having a lazy Saturday but if I do it in spite of other work during the week I may have to turn the tv off haha

2. Carla
    March 26, 2015 / 8:48 am

Darn AutoCorrect 🙂 bravo watching!!!

3. March 26, 2015 / 9:56 am

Fingers crossed that your Costco trip is much better this time around!

YOU DON’T LOVE TRADER JOES? How did I not know this, Erin? We’re taking a field trip there and I will MAKE YOU LOVE IT.

My shins have been killing me too 🙁 which sucks cuz I still have a little over 30 miles to get done before the month is over in a week………hopefully the icing/stretching/foam rolling helps us both!
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…WIAW: day in the lifeMy Profile

March 26, 2015 / 11:47 am

Costco was a success. Yeah, me and TJs have a love/hate relationship. We should go sometime and you can try to sell me on it.

4. March 26, 2015 / 11:39 am

You dont love Trader Joes??? Erin, how are we even friends?? ;-P But seriously, the nearest TJs is literally an hour from me right now, and what I wouldn’t give to live closer! I miss me some TJs like whoa!
    Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted…WIAW: Back on the train editionMy Profile

March 26, 2015 / 11:48 am

Haha that’s the second comment I’ve gotten about my TJs issues. Idk what it is..maybe my expectations are too high??

5. March 26, 2015 / 4:58 pm

I think we should spray paint that E gold and hang it somewhere. SO CRAFTY. And I still think that you should send them the sweaty clothes.
    Also, I have compression socks (and so many other things) for you. SO MANY OTHER THINGS
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Establishing Balance in Life – Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

March 27, 2015 / 10:50 am

I haven’t heard anything back yet so we will see. Girl I love me some things.

March 27, 2015 / 10:51 am

Haha yeah I know. Maybe they will air it again before the next season. That or I may break down and buy it haha

6. March 26, 2015 / 11:34 pm

I’m nervous about your calves. Just my opinion from working in running specialty….you may want to go back to something with a higher drop and more cushion. Just a thought!
    Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted…Totaling a car.My Profile

March 27, 2015 / 10:51 am

Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely keep an eye on how it progresses and head back to the store if I need to

7. March 27, 2015 / 1:56 am

I am watching Better Call Saul and Fargo. I really like Better Call Saul, even though I never brought myself to watch Breaking Bad.

I feel bad that I can totally watch Downton Abbey season 5 for free on the ITV player here, but I don’t watch it! On the other hand, I wish they had a Trader Joe’s in Glasgow!

Lately I have been trying really hard to see the positive in all the negative crap that happens, it’s not as if plenty of good things in my life haven’t been born out of some form of negativity. Good for you!

Also, I love Otters. They hold hands while they sleep so they don’t drift apart. Ugh cuteness.
    Erin recently posted…SnapFit Fiber Drink ReviewMy Profile

March 27, 2015 / 10:52 am

Oh man breaking bad is so good! I’ve seen those otter videos they are so sweet 🙂 hope you’re enjoying Scotland!!