Butt & Leg Tabata Workout (or My Graduation Workout)
Happy St. Patrick’s Day friends! I feel like it was on Saturday with all the festivities going on, but technically it is today so make sure to wear your green! If you are around any David’s Tea stores, you can get a free tea for wearing green. Feel free to share any other St. Patrick’s freebie opportunities in the comments section!
As I’m sure you’re aware, I held my graduation class at Sweat on Saturday and I wanted to take the time to share my workout with those of you who were unable to attend. When coming up with it, I started listing all the exercises I love and when I looked at the list I realized they were all lower body. I love tabatas so I chose that as the format and the rest is history. I made sure to alternate exercises that will get your heart rate up with those that are more strength focused and allow the heart rate to come down some.
- Goblet Squats
- Max Run/Row: if you are on a treadmill, this is the fastest speed you can sprint. Same for rowers. After 4 rounds, increase incline on treadmill to 5% and resistance on rowers to 10.
- Russian Kettlebell Swings
- Box Jumps: modify to weighted box step ups if need be. Can be further modified to no weight box step ups.
- Kettlebell 1 Legged Deadlift
- Wall Balls: If you can’t do the explosive movement, hold the medicine ball at chest level and air squat. Drop the ball altogether and air squat if it is too much.
- Hip Bridges: one legged on the box (hardest), two legged on the box (harder), one legged on the floor (hard), two legged on the floor (normal)
A tabata workout is 8 rounds of 0:20 seconds of work followed by 0:10 seconds of rest. You will complete all 8 rounds of one movement before going to the next. Between each movement you get 1 minute of rest. Make sure to work as hard as you possibly can during those 0:20 seconds and earn that 0:10 rest!!
I officially start teaching this Friday with classes at 8:30 and 11:30 am. Hope to see you there! Also linking up with Sara today for Tried It Tuesday. Nothing like trying out a new workout on other people!
- What’s your favorite type of workout?
- Are you wearing green?
- What are you having for lunch? Can you bring me some?