Five Things Friday #33

On my days off from the gym I keep waking up anywhere between 630 am and 8 am and it is glorious. If you had told me when I was in high school that I would actually enjoy waking up at those times, I never would have believed you. I can definitely say that I am a morning person and that I feel so much more productive when I look at the list of things I get accomplished before noon.

So let’s get this Friday started off with some of my favorite things from this week!

1. This Infographic

I came across this the other day while being sucked into the internet and it made me feel better about where I am in life. I’m not saying that I am going to become wealthy and famous, but I don’t have to freak out because I am in the middle of a career change. Bonus J.R.R. Tolkien quote at the bottom.

infographic-lost-in-life

(source)

2. Lululemon Gift Card Holders

I went to exchange a couple things that I was given but will never use yesterday and while I wanted to get something new, I was quickly overwhelmed and left with only a gift card. They even have gift card holders which is too fancy for me. I couldn’t decide on what to get because I doubt I will be buying anything else from there (unless aforementioned infographic comes true) and I wanted to make sure that I had the PERFECT purchase. Too much pressure.

IMG_1614.JPG

3. Snipping Tool

Ok, feel free to laugh at me. Until this week, whenever I needed to crop out a part of something, I was taking a screen shot of my screen, opening it in Paint, saving it, then editing with PicMonkey. Apparently there has been a much easier solution and that is the snipping tool which is just part of Windows 7 and everyone and their mother knows how to use it. Whoops.

05a2c2f6-690d-4887-86c9-2d64b1322553_46

4. Origins VitaZing Tinted Moisturizer

Since my skin was drying out like the desert this winter, I scrounged around and found some moisturizer samples that I had accumulated over the years. I am currently using this one during the day and I like that it has a slowly developing sheer tint that makes me look like all the color hasn’t been sucked out of my face.

IMG_1615.JPG5. Maroon 5Β Is Awesome

My sister told me about this story earlier in the week and I loved it. I may have even teared up when I told it to Neil.

My weekend is slightly busier than normal in that Neil and I are headed to a family friend’s party for their baby’s 1st birthday tomorrow. Aside from that I am running and watching Downton Abbey. I have to make 3 almond butters today since I have some East coasters coming to the party tomorrow and they know about its glory. It was nice being able to sell it while I lived in VA and maybe I will be able to build up some customers here as well.

One more thing: Lindsey at Fit Life Pursuits did a blog questionnaire series and I am featured, so check it out!

• What are you doing this weekend?
  • What is your most favorite thing this week?
  • Did you know about snipping tool???
  • What is my best investment at Lululemon? I’m scared!

March 6, 2015 / 2:20 pm

I know! What is wrong with me?

1. March 6, 2015 / 10:42 am

Hahaha the snipping tool. The day I discovered that my life changed! I’ll text you when we get lots of great stuff in the store haha I know it can be so overwhelming. I’ll even take pics and send them your way of stuff I think you’d like πŸ™‚ are you looking for pants/crops, tanks, tops, or a jacket?
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…Friday Favorites: skits, shoes, soupMy Profile

March 6, 2015 / 2:21 pm

How helpful you are! I think I would either get pants/crops or a tank. If you ever get anything kelly green you must let me know immediately because it is my favorite ever!

2. Melanie
    March 6, 2015 / 11:18 am

Just for fun, I’m gonna add – yes, Erin, even your mother knows about the Snipping Tool (I use it all the time at work). πŸ™‚
    Love the story about Maroon 5 – very cool!

xo mom

March 6, 2015 / 2:22 pm

I know, how did I not know about it??

March 6, 2015 / 2:23 pm

I know! What is wrong with me?? What else have I been missing out on?

March 9, 2015 / 4:16 pm

Good Im glad Im not the only one! It saves so much time πŸ™‚

3. Clara
    March 6, 2015 / 4:38 pm

Well… this might make you feel better… I once spent hours organising a rooming list for 120 hotel guests alphabetically by surname. In Excel. I was almost done when my colleague casually walked past and pressed the sort A->Z button. Ahh!!! πŸ˜€

March 9, 2015 / 4:16 pm

Oh no that’s awful! Sounds like something I would do πŸ™‚

4. Alli
    March 6, 2015 / 8:28 pm

How do you make your almond butter? Ive tried a few different times (masticating juicer, food processor, vitamix) and have had very mixed results and none that were quite good enough. I need some tips!

March 9, 2015 / 4:17 pm

I make mine in the food processor with just almonds, salt, and maple syrup. I tried making it in the Vitamix and it was impossible without adding extra oil which I didn’t want to do. The food processor definitely works best for me but the key is patience!

March 9, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Same here. I just can’t justify the cost! Im sure some thing will find their way into my arms at some point though…