I’m feeling a little off this morning since I just found out that Maryland has denied my petition to be released early from probation–I think. The wording of their response is dubious, so my officer here is going to ask for clarification, but I am assuming they they only intend to waive the supervision fees that I will owe here in Chicago but keep me on until I am officially released in May 2016. I am frustrated since both my officer in VA and the one here do not believe I should be on probation any longer, but apparently MD who has not seen me in 3 years does not agree.
It is a consequence of my actions that I need to accept, but I have also put great strides into turning my life around and living as a productive member of society. I guess if the worst thing is that I can’t leave the country for another year, I can deal with it. Just sharing since it is Thursday and a great time for Thinking Out Loud.
On a lighter note, my friend Sara tagged me last week for a series of 10 confessions. Enjoy!!
1. I have a brachydactyly type D thumb. Basically, one of my thumbs is smaller than the other. Megan Fox has one too though, so that means I am a celebrity.
2. My nickname is Newt. I watched Aliens the other night and was reminded that the little girl is also called Newt. That would be a much cooler story than it stemming from my inability to refer to a runny nose as a “drooly snoot” and instead calling it a “newty newt.”
3. I am the oldest of 3 siblings. That’s not really a confession, so I guess my confession is that apparently as a child I wished I was the oldest of 1 sibling and not so subtly plotted to get rid of the other two.
4. I was born in Montgomery, AL. My father was in the Navy and I have lived in AL, TX, FL (twice), then MD.
5. I don’t drink. Drinking ends with me in handcuffs so I haven’t had a drink in almost 5 years.
6. I played soccer and was on the swim team in high school, but my favorite sport of all time is gymnastics which I did as a child. I have always regretted not picking it up again once we moved. I must do it everywhere at all times.
7. I went to jail for 9 months. You can read why here.
8. I used to hate running but so far I have run one half marathon with at least two more coming up this year!
9. A friend and I were going to start a band in 5th grade called French Kiss and become international superstars.
10. I wore the same Halloween costume for 13 years in a row. I bought what must have been an 80s prom dress at a thrift store when I was 13 and wore it every year for Halloween until it was ripped and tattered. I finally listened to some advice and retired it to the trash, but only after a nice ceremony and some mourning.
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically, but feel free to share some confessions with me in the comments section!!
- Tell me one confession!!
- How do you handle disappointment?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume?