Hello friends! How is your Thursday treating you so far?
Thursdays are great for me because I don’t usually teach and my writing deadlines have usually passed. It’s also my rest day from working out so I have ALL THE TIME to sit and watch mindless television. Ha, who am I kidding? I always find a million things that need to get done and it’s really only when I am avoiding responsibility that I escape into the land of Netflix.
Just like there are a million things to get done, there are a million things in my brain at any given time. Let’s get this party started with another Thinking Out Loud.
1. This salad. I get giddy in any kind of health store and I have had a good experience with Karyn’s numerous locations and different food preparations around the city. I had a chance to stop into Karyn’s Fresh Corner and Day Spa the other night to grab some dinner. You may think by “this salad” I mean it was the most amazing thing ever, but the opposite it actually true. I ate about 1/4 of it and then threw the rest of it away. I love all sorts of raw and random foods, but this did not do it for me at all. The whole store was also super overpriced and I’m better off making things at home. There’s always more excitement when you buy it out though, am I right?
2. I need to invest in an actual pair of shoes. When I was living on the East coast for my whole life until now, I was the girl who would wear flip flops throughout the year. Chicago has made that impossible (tears) and I find that when I do wear flip flops things like this happen:
You’re welcome for that. Seriously though I don’t know the last time I wore actual shoes so suggestions are welcome. I am thinking along the lines of Sperry’s or these sweet Converse shoes because everything I own must be gray. Thoughts?
3. Check out last week’s aSweat Life article on my struggle with exercise as an addiction!
4. I absolutely love the temperature of this city at night (right now). It is perfect for opening the windows and letting the breeze in. I went on an extra long walk last night and the air was incredible. It made me happy in my bones. For anyone stalking my life, this is the temperature I like my nights.
5. Blogging friends are the best. Aside from the unparalleled support of this community, there’s usually a little material incentive on the side. Since we have a lot of opportunities for free stuff, there is always swapping and trading going on. It feels like every meeting is Christmas. (Thanks Suz!!)
6. I still haven’t gotten too serious about my race training. Last weekend after I had my catharsis I wasn’t up to doing a long run. I’m glad I didn’t because I know myself and I know that it wouldn’t have been productive. There are times when I can push myself out the door knowing that whatever exercise I do will make me feel better afterwards, but this wasn’t one of those times. My body needed a rest. I did run around 4 miles on Monday, but all my other running has been confined to the daily workouts at Sweat. I’ll figure it out. I’m also hoping my legs get used to these shoes sooner than later.
7. These dates. You may think “these dates” means they are awful and I threw them away (see #1), however in this case, “these dates” means oh man another delicious way for me to diversify my almond butter/date obsession. After I proclaimed my love, Amanda asked me yesterday if I had tried putting them in the freezer before eating them. I initially thought no, because my desire can not wait for said dates to reach the required temperature, but I did put some in the freezer last night and they were delicious!
I hope you have a great Thursday!!
- Tell me something random!
- Have you ever had dates from the freezer?
- What kind of normal people shoes do you recommend?