8 Things Happening In My Life Right Now

Today’s Thinking Out Loud post is not as heavy and introspective as in recent weeks, but I think I covered that in yesterday’s post (THANK YOU for all your comments and kindness!).  Instead, I have decided to bring you a completely random assortment of thoughts and images.  Here are 8 things happening in my life right now:

1. I haven’t worn my hair down in weeks. WEEKS. With working out and teaching, I just can’t seem to get the energy to actually brush, blowdry, then curl it. I think I may do it later this week since I don’t teach again until Monday. Meanwhile, I’m working on day 3 of this nest. It’s always painful to brush out but I keep doing it.

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2565.PNG

2. One of last week’s Blue Apron meals involved a cactus. Say whaaa? I am a klutz and ended up stabbing myself about 3 times while preparing it.  Good news is I can now say I’ve eaten cactus.

IMG_2465.JPG

3. Has anyone tried this? I saw it last week at Costco and almost bought it but then remembered when I bought black bean pasta, made it twice, then gave away the rest. I resisted the impulse buy and figured I would poll the audience.

IMG_2455.JPG

4. I realized that I don’t talk too much about teaching at Sweat on here so I wanted to share a picture from Tuesday night’s class. Everyone is always so awesome and I love seeing people progress to doing things that they never thought they could. If you are ever in Chicago, come find me (I’m the one with the fancy yellow microphone).

IMG_2554.JPG

5. Remember when I discovered the salted peanut butter cookie chips? Well I’m going to assume that Walgreens heard my joy because they just started carrying regular chocolate chip ones! These are equally as good; it just depends on what kind of cookie mood I’m in. Honestly, I’ll probably get both the next time I’m there.

IMG_2546.JPG

6. I saw this glass over the weekend and thought it was pretty awesome. Obviously I’m not going to put whiskey in it, but maybe something else I can only drink in small amounts? I have no idea what that would be. Basically, I liked the glass.

IMG_2487.JPG

7. I’m very confused with the weather in Chicago. Natives–is this a normal thing? Monday it was so hot and sunny I laid out at my building and then the next two days were in the 40s and 50s. Now today is supposed to be sunny and 70. I just want to know if I can put away my coat!

IMG_2564.PNG

8. Even though the weather has been super weird, there have been enough warm days to make me crave my warm weather smoothie: chia, greens, apple, lemon juice, ginger, and turmeric. I had one yesterday while bundled under a blanket.

IMG_2560.JPG

I hope you all have a great Thursday!

• What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
  • How often do you wash your hair?
  • What’s your favorite kind of smoothie?

May 24, 2015 / 6:50 am

I had to dice it up and then it ended up being baked in enchiladas. I didn’t hate it!

1. May 21, 2015 / 8:29 am

My ex husband Jason is a huge fan of eating really weird stuff. He fed the kids kangaroo last weekend. He’s an animal lover (understatement of the year) so I promise it wasn’t from some hunting expedition (before I start getting hate mail, but remember, we’re divorced anyway so that’s an automatic Super Sonic Bounce Back). Anyway, am I still typing? God.
    Suzy recently posted…Dear Brain, From WednesdayMy Profile

May 24, 2015 / 6:51 am

We had kangaroo and ostrich on our honeymoon and they were both pretty delicious. Where do you even get kangaroo here??

2. May 21, 2015 / 8:55 am

😆 And here I was thinking that I was the only one who had my hair constantly up in a messy rat’s nest/bun. I hear ya on just not being interested in taking the time to do it all nice when it’s just going to get messed up crazy quick anyways. Taking care of my hair after washing it is probably one of least favourite things EVER, so I cut corners whenever I can 😛
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #131 .My Profile

May 24, 2015 / 6:52 am

I actually took it down this weekend. It was magical!

3. May 21, 2015 / 9:08 am

Cactus??? How was it? I’m both grossed out and intrigued at the same time! Also, I HAVE heard good things about red lentil pasta, but I haven’t tried it first hand. Darn you Costco and your giant sized boxes of everything! I just want to try a small amount!
    Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted…Get your macaron on! {Recipe}My Profile

May 24, 2015 / 6:53 am

It wasn’t too bad actually. Pretty mild tasting. I totally agree about Costco. When it’s something I love then I want a giant box, but not so good for trying something and risking not liking it.

4. Mudita
    May 21, 2015 / 9:09 am

Cool- Nopales. It’s yummy, but a little slimy…
    Nope, don’t put that coat away – ever. It’s chicago. It’ll always keep you on your toes!

May 24, 2015 / 6:53 am

Yeah the slime was a little weird. Look at you knowing the name of it…so fancy 🙂

May 24, 2015 / 6:55 am

Oh yeah if I work out and get it all sweaty then I definitely wash it, but day to day I’ve suddenly become the laziest person on Earth. That smoothie sounds magical!

5. May 21, 2015 / 11:09 am

Welcome to the Mid-West! I’m in Wisconsin (my brother lives in Chicago). Spring weather is goofy. You can almost always count on rain at some point during Memorial Day weekend. It starts to feel like summer after that…maybe 🙂
    Keli recently posted…Stinkin’-Thinkin’My Profile

May 24, 2015 / 6:57 am

I think you’re right about Memorial Day weekend…yesterday was beautiful and today is cold and overcast. Just waiting for the rain…

6. May 21, 2015 / 11:32 am

Love those cookie chips – I always get them when I see them and eat the whole bag in like 2 minutes haha! So yummy. I have really fine hair that gets greasy fast so I rarely go a day without washing it. I know it’s not good to do that but I just feel so gross if I don’t wash it daily!

May 24, 2015 / 6:58 am

I had to stop buying them this weekend. I bought two bags so I could have some for another time but then just ate the second one the next day anyway ha. My hair is really fine too so if it’s down then I have to wash it but you can’t tell when it’s up!

7. May 21, 2015 / 11:49 am

I hate nopales. It is one of the few things I really don’t care for. Those cookie things though are delicious. I had bean noodles at that allergen friendly tasting panel I did and I wasn’t too keen on the white bean ones but the others were ok.
    And I think your hair is sexy.
    susie @ suzlyfe recently posted…Bringing You Sunshine : About Me SuzlyfeMy Profile

May 24, 2015 / 6:59 am

Really? I couldn’t even taste them that much. Thank you for the compliment gurrrrl.

May 24, 2015 / 6:59 am

#truth

8. May 21, 2015 / 2:09 pm

I’m much worse with hair 😉 I often too lazy to put it into a bun, I just wear a lazy ponytail. There was a period in my life when I literally trained everyday. It wasn’t good for my hair 🙁 Now I have real restdays and this is the time when I force myself to wear my hair straight let down. Once I wore my hair so often “up” that it created a curl or bend in my hair. I don’t want that again, so I gave these two days as restday for my hair, too 😀

May 24, 2015 / 6:59 am

Haha I love it…rest days for your hair!

9. May 21, 2015 / 2:38 pm

I’m totally with you on the not spending time on my hair thing. Mines usually up in a bun everyday and I even work at an office building, oh well. Your smoothie sounds really good and turmeric is so good for us! I haven’t tried it in a smoothie yet but will soon.
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…What I love WednesdayMy Profile

May 24, 2015 / 7:00 am

I only use a small amount and I can’t even really taste it. Let me know if you try it out!

10. May 21, 2015 / 2:39 pm

My friends rave about that pasta and they’re not Celiacs, nor do they typically eat a GF diet! I’ve never tried it but I recently got to try out Modern Table Meals lentil pasta and I couldn’t get over how awesome the texture was, it was like “real” pasta! Plus, extra protein.
    Annie recently posted…Spring Salad Bowl RecipesMy Profile

May 24, 2015 / 7:00 am

Oh good maybe I’ll check it out then!

11. May 21, 2015 / 2:52 pm

I love that Ariel meme! When I was working at the gym I used to joke with other trainers about how long we could go without washing our hair and that it really wasn’t justified lol. I started buying dry shampoo and doing it at night and sleeping with my hair up — it does make it look (somewhat) clean in the morning! I’m jealous of your hair – it’s such a pretty color!
    Erin recently posted…Abroad City: An American Living in Glasgow #3My Profile

May 24, 2015 / 7:01 am

Thanks Erin 🙂 I just got a new dry shampoo this weekend that does magical things. I’m unreasonably excited.

12. May 21, 2015 / 7:55 pm

The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten is the yolk from a baby duck (or chicken?) egg. I couldn’t bear to eat the object that already began to look like a chick. Blech. And I’m with your meme on the hair-washing. FITNESS LIFE IS ROUGH.
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Try This Thursday 5/21 – skin care productsMy Profile

May 24, 2015 / 7:02 am

I think my siblings have had that but not me. I don’t think I could eat that part either.