Today’s Thinking Out Loud post is not as heavy and introspective as in recent weeks, but I think I covered that in yesterday’s post (THANK YOU for all your comments and kindness!). Instead, I have decided to bring you a completely random assortment of thoughts and images. Here are 8 things happening in my life right now:
1. I haven’t worn my hair down in weeks. WEEKS. With working out and teaching, I just can’t seem to get the energy to actually brush, blowdry, then curl it. I think I may do it later this week since I don’t teach again until Monday. Meanwhile, I’m working on day 3 of this nest. It’s always painful to brush out but I keep doing it.
2. One of last week’s Blue Apron meals involved a cactus. Say whaaa? I am a klutz and ended up stabbing myself about 3 times while preparing it. Good news is I can now say I’ve eaten cactus.
3. Has anyone tried this? I saw it last week at Costco and almost bought it but then remembered when I bought black bean pasta, made it twice, then gave away the rest. I resisted the impulse buy and figured I would poll the audience.
4. I realized that I don’t talk too much about teaching at Sweat on here so I wanted to share a picture from Tuesday night’s class. Everyone is always so awesome and I love seeing people progress to doing things that they never thought they could. If you are ever in Chicago, come find me (I’m the one with the fancy yellow microphone).
5. Remember when I discovered the salted peanut butter cookie chips? Well I’m going to assume that Walgreens heard my joy because they just started carrying regular chocolate chip ones! These are equally as good; it just depends on what kind of cookie mood I’m in. Honestly, I’ll probably get both the next time I’m there.
6. I saw this glass over the weekend and thought it was pretty awesome. Obviously I’m not going to put whiskey in it, but maybe something else I can only drink in small amounts? I have no idea what that would be. Basically, I liked the glass.
7. I’m very confused with the weather in Chicago. Natives–is this a normal thing? Monday it was so hot and sunny I laid out at my building and then the next two days were in the 40s and 50s. Now today is supposed to be sunny and 70. I just want to know if I can put away my coat!
8. Even though the weather has been super weird, there have been enough warm days to make me crave my warm weather smoothie: chia, greens, apple, lemon juice, ginger, and turmeric. I had one yesterday while bundled under a blanket.
I hope you all have a great Thursday!
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- How often do you wash your hair?
- What’s your favorite kind of smoothie?