Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I don’t have much going on today except that I am teaching two classes this morning and then hanging out most of the day. No crazy cookouts or parties so if you guys are headed out make sure to party for me!

Saturday and Sunday were very opposite days in terms of activities and weather. Saturday was beautiful and sunny and Saturday was overcast with some lovely rain showers later in the evening.

Saturday morning Neil and I woke up early to get to Randolph Street Market for a media event before they opened.  I was invited as a member of the Windy City Blogger Collective to participate in an event from 8-10 am that included us perusing the market and selecting some my favorite items.

IMG_2599.JPG

Randolph Street Market is an antique festival held one weekend a month.  Now that the weather is nice, it has moved back outside and there is plenty of food and music to enjoy as you wander around. Think of it as a super cool giant yard sale.

IMG_2600.JPG

There was an entire stand of used books which made my whole day. I put one of my tags on the entire tent.

IMG_2603.JPG

I also like this candle holder. I’m kind of wishing I had bought it now.

IMG_2606.JPG

There was a stand of really awesome lamps made from repurposed household items. There was even one made from a clarinet that I really liked but my picture was subpar.

IMG_2607.JPG

On our way out I saw my favorite car in the world–a Corvette stingray. I tried to find the owner so I could barter but no such luck. (Also…my hair is down!)

IMG_2609.JPG

After the market we stopped for brunch at Meli Cafe & Juice Bar. I had already had some eggs at the market breakfast, so these crepes were calling my name. Cobbler crepes: folded crepes topped with fresh berries, peaches, a granola brown sugar crust and then caramelized. I couldn’t even finish them. If you are in the market for an awesome brunch, check them out. Every category of food is amazing.

IMG_2619.JPG

At the market, I was given a swag bag from both Pre Beef and Mariano’s. I had already had Pre beef at one of the Sweatworking events I had been to so I was excited about it. I was even more excited when I opened it and found a bag full of meat.

IMG_2618.JPG

We had our friend Matt over to help us eat some meat and some Blue Apron meals since Neil will be traveling some this week and I didn’t skip our order. Whoops.

As always, Neil grilled up a steak for an appetizer. Everyone loved this beef. Grass fed and lean, it tasted like a dream. A little slant rhyme anyone?

IMG_2620.JPG

I also baked some TJs sweet potato fries to snack on.

IMG_2621.JPG

Neil and Matt made one meal and I made another. I made Turkey Kibbeh with Cucumber Salad & Mint-Yogurt Sauce and they made White Pizza with Arugula Pesto, Pine Nuts & Pea Tips.  I  had to cut the largest cucumber that I have ever seen in my life.

IMG_2622.JPG

Their pizza turned out really well. I’m not normally a fan or white pizza, but there was also pesto involved so I ate about half of it.

IMG_2624.JPG

My turkey nonsense was edible but certainly not photogenic.

IMG_2625.JPG

We ate the pizza and then had the same problem we did last week where we were left with far too much food to eat. This entire bowl of mutant cucumbers went untouched. If anyone wants some please come over because I don’t like them!

IMG_2626.JPG

We watched a couple movies and then called it a night.

Sunday morning I went to Hardpressed where I got to focus more on my lower body because my neck has done some kind of weird pinch/spasm thing. It started bothering me a couple days ago and then I think I slept on it weird again last night. I will complain about my neck, but I will not complain about leg day.

The rest of the day was spent being lazy and watching things. I watched a couple episodes of Sherlock on Netflix and then Neil and I spent a good couple hours watching You Tube videos of dance shows and singing. Then we had a dance party and called it a night. Things get real crazy around these parts.

I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoy your Memorial Day!

• Do you have any fun plans today?
  • Do you like white pizza?
  • What did you do this weekend?

Linking up with Erin!

June 1, 2015 / 11:35 am

I need to go to CPK again. Maybe that will be our next date.

1. May 25, 2015 / 10:07 am

Oh, that flea market thing looks awesome. I love used books, and that candle holder and the lamps, I love love love all that stuff. I’ve been on a never-ending hunt for a lime green vintage leather chair. I got it in my head once and now I’m obsessed. Enjoy the holiday! Ours was last weekend.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

June 1, 2015 / 11:35 am

They had so much green there! I loved it because I don’t usually see a lot of it. I bet you can find your chair there.

June 1, 2015 / 11:36 am

I have noticed a disproportionate amount of pizza in my life lately, but I can’t really say I’m complaining.

2. May 25, 2015 / 12:07 pm

mmmmm, white pizza is my jam! We are spending the day working on house projects.
    Jen@jpabstfitness recently posted…2 Dates, 1 DayMy Profile

June 1, 2015 / 11:36 am

Hope they were at least FUN house projects!

3. May 25, 2015 / 12:15 pm

Sounds like an awesome weekend either way! I had my wisdom teeth extracted Wednesday so I’m still recovering from the soreness but it’s been nice since I’ve had a week off work, literally. It’s amazing it’s like a vacation from myself Lol 🙂 That prebeef looks awesome, sadly there are no sellers near me whatsoever so yeeeah.. thanks! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend Erin! -Iva
    AwesomelyOZ recently posted…The Low Down on Sleep and Idiopathic HypersomniaMy Profile

June 1, 2015 / 11:37 am

Well that sounds like a fun time. I need to get one of mine out as well but I am putting it off for as long as I can. I guess you will just have to come to Chicago to get some beef.

4. May 25, 2015 / 12:52 pm

I’m kinda bummed I missed the market! It seemed so far for me but in reality I definitely could have made it work. That being said, if they handed me a swag bag of red meat I wouldn’t have been able to use it so that would’ve been a major disappointment. Saturday was a gorgeous day though, wasn’t it? Glad you made the most of it too!
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…Weekend Happenings: there’s a carrot in my tacoMy Profile

June 1, 2015 / 11:37 am

Yeah I thought about that too. I was like, what if I was a vegetarian? Good thing I like meat. Honestly though it will prob be Neil who will eat most of it.

5. May 26, 2015 / 8:36 am

I typically avoid dairy, so I’m all about the red sauce : ) This weekend was spent eating and drinking so I’m more than ready to get back to my usual routine. Hope you have a great week!
    Jamie recently posted…Tried It Tuesday – MDW ReCapMy Profile

June 1, 2015 / 11:39 am

I usually avoid it too, but cheese is so delicious for me and I live dangerously close to an Italian gelato place. Boooo

6. May 26, 2015 / 9:02 am

I love street festivals like that – so fun to walk around and usually good food! Looks like a fun weekend. I wholeheartedly approve of dance parties every night 🙂

June 1, 2015 / 11:39 am

They’re the best!

7. May 26, 2015 / 2:52 pm

Hahaha “And then we had a dance party and called it a night” You crack me up! Sounds like a great weekend though, with lots of delicious sounding food! I really hope that I can find some fun opportunities once I move to Atlanta, because it always seems like you find so many fun things now that you’ve moved to Chicago!! City life is where it is at, apparently!
    Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted…I have a Pitch Perfect Problem {Weekend Recap}My Profile

June 1, 2015 / 11:30 am

Thank you! And yes, pizza is one of the best things ever. I need that giant one you had.