Five Things Friday #48

Hello!

I’m glad that yesterday’s post resonated with so many of you. It’s an important message and one that I hope you continue to remember as you go throughout your day.

I can’t believe the week is over already. It seems like it just started! Maybe it’s because of all the bebopping around that I’ve been doing, but time seems to have gotten away from me yet again. This morning I am working out, writing, then teaching from 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm if anyone wants to come rock out with me!

This weekend I have two separate paddleboarding events to attend, Neil and I are going on a caper, and we have to fit in Jurassic World. It must be done. Before that kicks off, though, let’s check out this week’s Five Things Friday!

1. Basil the III

If you have been reading from the beginning, you know that I love basil and that every spring/summer I buy a new basil plant. It is my all time favorite herb and I love to smell it, cook with it, and use it in smoothies. My friend Carly even made me a pie with it for my birthday last year! I saw one at Trader Joe’s the other day for $4 and I knew it was time.

IMG_2928.PNG

2. Smoked Ghost Chili Grinder from TJs

You guys. I may have finally met my spice match. I was bored the other night and decided to actually read through the Trader Joe’s flyer that comes in the mail. I saw that one of their new products was this grinder and I immediately set out to buy it (also the same trip as my beloved basil). I have been adding it to all sorts of things like the fried rice I made the other day, my eggs, more TJs Chinese food–you name it, I spice it. It’s no joke.

IMG_2862.JPG

3. Home Workouts

I have been alternating between trekking up to Sweat to workout and designing my own to do in the building gym. Tuesday I wanted to get my workout out of the way, so I scribbled down a quick tabata workout and was sweaty and done in about 38 minutes. I’ve had to break out my Brooks Transcends again because when I do sprints on the treadmill, my shin splints come back. That’s a LOT of shoe.

IMG_2894.JPG

4. Smoked Salmon

Yes I am still on a smoked salmon kick. I bought some at Costco last week and have been working my way through it. I had a completely random snack of 1/2 avocado and salmon yesterday and it was so delicious. I also realized I was eating an entire bowl of fat. Good fat of course, and man was it good.

IMG_2851.JPG

I promise it tasted better than it looks.

IMG_2923.JPG

5. VSX Sport Underwear from Victoria’s Secret

I have been on the search for seamless underwear to wear under my leggings and capris when I teach, so I enlisted the help of the internet and some FB groups and got a TON of recommendations. Many people suggested the VSX line from VS, so I stopped in on Wednesday since they are also having their semi-annual sale. So far they’re great!

IMG_2929.JPG

That’s it for me folks; hope you guys have a great weekend!

• What’s one of your favorite things this week?
  • What are you doing this weekend?
  • Favorite food this week?
Share:

1. June 19, 2015 / 7:25 am

Basil. Smoked Salmon. Home workouts. All favorite things. My favorite thing from this week has been my workouts. I’m crushing it with HIIT! #noexcuses

Have a fantastic Friday Erin.
    jill conyers recently posted…16 Foods for Healthy Glowing SkinMy Profile

June 23, 2015 / 8:51 am

HIIT is the way to go. I’m back on it after going to Hardpressed for a month and it’s the best!

2. June 19, 2015 / 8:14 am

i love ALL of your things!!! i must try the ghost pepper, you may be my spice soul mate.. omg that sounds heavenly! i love spice, i love the smells and flavors and endless possibilities. i had a ghost pepper martini once and it was actually really yummy.
    i love eating avo and smoked salmon! i think those flavors go wonderfully together: sweet, creamy, unctuous, smoky, salty, yumm.
    danielle saucy smith recently posted…you eat sriracha with wha????My Profile

June 23, 2015 / 8:51 am

It’s sooo spicy. Get it.

3. June 19, 2015 / 9:01 am

I am so terrified of ghost chili! I am a total spice wimp! This morning, while I was walking to train a client, I stopped at an intersection and saw a pub called “Trader Joe’s” I immediately started to laugh and look crazy. I was laughing obviously because TJ’s is a mecca of health in the states, but also because not only was this a pub — but, like, the most unsavory looking of all watering holes lol. Too funny! I’m heading up to Northern Scotland to visit Luke’s parent’s, get eaten alive by midges, and meet my 3 year old niece for the first time! Hope you have a great weekend, Erin! Jurassic World is on the list for us next weekend!:)
    Erin recently posted…Abroad City: An American Living in Glasgow #4My Profile

June 23, 2015 / 8:52 am

Ha that’s too funny. Those pictures from your weekend were great. I’m just glad there were no midge pictures.

June 23, 2015 / 9:00 am

Well they’re only $4 at TJs so I say go for it!

4. June 19, 2015 / 9:25 am

Favorite thing AND food this week – I’ve really been digging my smoothies and acai bowls : ) No big weekend plans, just hoping to relax hopefully at the beach! Fingers crossed for good weather. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Jamie recently posted…Friday = Fri-YayMy Profile

June 23, 2015 / 9:01 am

I would love those too if the weather would warm up here!

5. June 19, 2015 / 10:05 am

I’ve heard so many good things about that underwear! We don’t have Victoria Secret in Canada, I don’t think??! Maybe we do now, I’m not sure. I’ll have to hunt some down. I’m running a 10k race tonight. I’m askeered! I haven’t raced a 10k in yeeeeears. Hang in there, hamstrings!
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: TypicalMy Profile

June 23, 2015 / 9:01 am

No VS in Canada?? I rarely shop there but I can’t have anymore pantylines when teaching!! I hope your race went well!

6. June 19, 2015 / 1:12 pm

I love working out at home too! It takes a lot for me to go somewhere to workout! I don’t know why but I am always so much more motivated to workout at home and I have learned how to get a great workout! Those underwear look awesome but I’m cheap when it comes to underwear so it’s hard for me to splurge on VS. I usually just get mine at Target 🙂
    Lindsey recently posted…A Week of Family Fun and Food in Bend, OregonMy Profile

June 23, 2015 / 9:02 am

I’m going to get some at Target too I think because I don’t want to spend a fortune at VS.

7. June 19, 2015 / 3:15 pm

I love basil. I’ve got a caprese salad on deck tonight for dinner! I haven’t tried those specific VSX undies, but I love their sports bras. I can always find a sale or a coupon so I’m happy. I also love smoked salmon and ate a whole little bowl of it yesterday as a snack. It’s brain food!
    Lauren recently posted…5 Friday Favorites 6/19/15 feat. Magazines & Ice CreamMy Profile

June 23, 2015 / 9:03 am

That salad sounds amazing. I need to get some more avocados bc after awhile the salmon by itself is a little overwhelming!