Weekend in Pennsylvania

Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Neil and I traveled to PA this weekend to attend our friend Carly’s wedding and to visit with other friends there as well. Before I dive into the details, I want to make sure and draw attention to the most important part of the weekend:

IMG_3123.JPG

We were waiting to board our flight on Friday when the Supreme Court made the decision to legalize gay marriage. It made me so happy in my heart.

Friday

Neil and I flew out from Chicago in the morning and landed in Pittsburgh around noon. From there we headed to see our friends Kevin and Brittany (+ their daughter) who used to live in VA with us.

Any time I leave my normal routine you can pretty much guarantee that I will eat ALL THE FOOD.

IMG_3066.JPG

We had burgers for lunch, pho for dinner, and frozen yogurt for dessert. IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

THIS SPOON TURNS COLORS WITH TEMPERATURE.

IMG_3076.JPG

I also force Neil to take pictures. It’s not hard when we are trapped together in the back of a car.

IMG_3069.JPG

Then we take another one where we adjust for my giant sized head.

IMG_3071.JPG

We ended the night with a rousing game of Cards Against Humanity and I won with 20 black cards. BRING IT.

IMG_3081.JPG

Saturday

Saturday morning we grabbed breakfast at the Freedom Square Diner. These looked absolutely amazing (I’m referring to the Reese’s pancakes, but I would also include the other if I liked French Toast):

IMG_3084.JPG

I opted for my regular waffle with an ice cream scoop-sized portion of butter. It was amazing.

IMG_3085.JPG

We finished breakfast and had to get going on the 3 hour drive to State College where the wedding was being held. It was great to see Kevin and Brittany again and play all sorts of games with their daughter who has grown up so much since the last time we saw her!

We weren’t able to make it to the ceremony, but we made it to the Nittany Lion Inn around 3 pm. The reception wasn’t until 5 pm, so we were able to shower, get ready, and explore. It rained the whole weekend, but thankfully the reception was in the Inn so we didn’t have to worry about driving or even leaving the building.

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

The view from our room. If the weather had been nicer I would have explored more outside.

IMG_3088.JPG

Speaking of the weather, let’s just take a minute to express my dissatisfaction with whatever is happening in the month of June. I think cold rain seems to follow us wherever we go.

IMG_3082.PNG

Ok, back on track. We got ready and tried to take artsy pictures in mirrors.

IMG_3093.JPG

Then I took a picture of my hair because I knew it would all fall out.

IMG_3096.JPG

A little after 5 pm we headed to the cocktail hour and ate a lot of cheese.

IMG_3101.JPG

Grabbed our name tags

IMG_3100.JPG

And headed into the reception hall. Carly and Justin entered not too long afterwards and had their first dance.

IMG_3106.JPG

The reception was a great time and we got to sit with all my old coworkers from the physical therapy office where I worked so it was really nice to catch up with everyone!

We danced, took some pictures, and danced some more.

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

I was disappointed that there was no cookie table since I learned about this phenomenon at Kevin and Brittany’s wedding (it’s a PA thing). As we were walking out to leave, look what I found!

IMG_3114.JPG

The reception officially shut down at 11 pm, but we didn’t go to the after party since we had to get up early and drive the 3 hours back to Pittsburgh for our flight. It was so good to see my running buddy again and to wish her and Justin all the best going forward!

Sunday

Sunday morning we drove back the airport and were back in Chicago by 1 pm. We wrapped up the day with the most logical decision which involved going to the movies and eating candy.

IMG_3121.JPG

I loved the movie…go see it! Bring tissues for the movie but even more for the Pixar short beforehand which had me in tears before we even got to the main event.

Sunday night was an early one since we needed to get back on track with sleep for the week. We are very adventurous.

I hope you guys had an awesome weekend and an even better week!!

• Do you like French Toast?
  • How many weddings have you been to this year?
  • Did you know about cookie tables?

June 29, 2015 / 3:45 pm

I reiterate: girl shoooo.

1. June 29, 2015 / 7:39 am

You look great Erin and your hair is beautiful. Hate it when you’re having a great hair day and it falls out. I’ve heard of cookie tables but I’ve never been to a wedding that has had one.
    jill conyers recently posted…Tips To Make the Most of a Blogging ConferenceMy Profile

June 29, 2015 / 3:46 pm

Thank you! As it gets longer it seems to fall out more easily.

I think they are a PA thing; I’ve never seen them anywhere else.

2. June 29, 2015 / 10:42 am

Lovedddd InsideOut! I thought it was awesome. Pixar is the best.. UP is still my favorite though : ) No weddings this year, next year is when they all start to hit … going to be one expensive summer! Ummmm I did not know about cookie tables but I would really like one right about now! Haha. Hope you have a fabulous day!
    Jamie recently posted…It’s Almost the Weekend! #MIMMMy Profile

June 29, 2015 / 3:46 pm

I would love a cookie table every day. Did the Lava short before the movie make you cry uncontrollably like it did for me??

3. June 29, 2015 / 10:44 am

you look so pretty, I love the red and your locks look gorgeous 🙂
    I love French toast made with exotic breads.. like pumpkin or banana, just cuz more flavor explosions!
    we’ve been to 3 weddings and have 3 to go, one of them was our own LOL. yes, I totally appreciate cookie tables, my sister had a macaron table. YUMM
    danielle saucy smith recently posted…sweaty runny storyMy Profile

June 29, 2015 / 3:47 pm

Thank you!

Maybe I would like french toast if I did it your way. Something about soggy bread doesn’t do it for me. Whoa that’s a lot of weddings…we only had 4!

4. June 29, 2015 / 9:19 pm

Wow, that burger looks so good….got me so hungry for one right now! 🙂

Great pictures btw! Love your hair!

I’ve been to one wedding this year. I had to fly to New York for it but it’s perfect because it was the same weekend as the Brooklyn Half. So my fly there (from California) was for dual purpose. 😉
    Princess recently posted…A Weekend Well SpentMy Profile

July 1, 2015 / 2:40 pm

That’s always great when those things work out. Hope you had fun!

5. June 30, 2015 / 3:32 am

Looks like you had an amazing weekend. You looked beautiful, and I totally hear ya about photographing your hair before it “falls flat” lol. I’ve been told I look like I’m administering scaffolding to my head when I do my hair for any event (back-combing, texture spray, hair spray, etc). I love big hair and I have anything but that! I really want nutella right now after the seed has been planted that you could stuff it IN french toast, but I remember the last time I saw something that decadent for breakfast, and I also stuck with what I knew. Keep it a mystery, right? 🙂
    Erin recently posted…5 Tips For Staying Healthy In A New CityMy Profile

July 1, 2015 / 2:40 pm

My hair is pretty thin but whenever someone else does it it seems to work out just fine. I just need a personal hair dresser.

6. June 30, 2015 / 6:35 am

I love cards against humanity! You’re ballin’ with those winning cards :P. I’ve only been to a few of my friends’ weddings, but we’re going to one in August that I’m super excited about. It’s on Amelia Island – have you ever been there?
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Link Love #24 and celebrations of lifeMy Profile

July 1, 2015 / 2:42 pm

Nope. The one in FL? I lived in Jacksonville as a kid so maybe I did go and I don’t even remember haha. I hope you have fun!