Family Weekend + Thank You

First of all, I want to thank you all SO MUCH for the comments and love that you left last week. I really appreciate each and every one of you and all of the support that you offered while Neil and I work out this crazy thing called life and marriage. I promise to keep you guys in the loop. Although every day isn’t sunshine, I’m trying to make the best of it.

This weekend we took a short trip to NJ to visit family. Neil’s cousin got married a couple months ago and his family was holding a celebration dinner at their house. We flew out early Saturday morning and headed home Sunday evening.

I don’t have a huge amount of pictures since a lot of time was spent catching up with family, but here’s what I’ve got for you:

Neil decided that since it was hot, he would wear shorts under his outfit. Then he decided to accessorize with a necklace and that is my husband. I think he actually pulled it off pretty well 🙂

IMG_3483.JPG

Gratuitous shots of appetizers and bling.

IMG_3484.JPG

Sid and Shannon cutting the cake.

IMG_3488.JPG

More desserts. I forgot to take a picture of the actual dinner lineup but I could never forget dessert.

IMG_3485.JPG

FAMILY!

IMG_3491.JPG

Sunday morning we headed back to the house for a Mexican feast. Let me tell you, you will never go hungry in an Indian household.

IMG_3498.JPG

More desserts.

IMG_3499.JPG

Before Neil and I left for the airport. We love you guys.

IMG_3502.JPG

We got home to Chicago and no air conditioning. It had gone out on Friday before we left and hopefully it will be back up today. This is the second time it’s happened since the summer started and I now know the importance of a very large fan.

I hope you all had a great weekend and I’ll be back to hang out tomorrow!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • Do you prefer no A/C or no heat?
  • What’s something you have going on this week?

July 28, 2015 / 10:37 am

Man you would have gone nuts at our reception. So many sparkles and so much food!

1. July 27, 2015 / 11:02 am

Those outfits are awesome! I am so jealous you get to wear that for events!
    My sister-in-law and her fiance are coming into town this week so I will be in full entertaining mode!
    Lindsey recently posted…30 Things I Learned at 30My Profile

July 28, 2015 / 10:38 am

I know; I am so lucky to be justified in my wearing of all things sparkly.

Hope you guys have a fun time!

2. July 27, 2015 / 11:45 am

indian families and asian families (chinese/filipino) are all so similar… or maybe it’s just everyone – ours seem to all revolve around lots of food. each meal is a marathon, i’ve learned how to eat VERY slow. LOL.
    our AC was leaking on friday so we had to deal with that jazz, thankfully it didn’t stop working though!
    great pics, you look gorgeous 🙂
    danielle saucy smith recently posted…Then & NowMy Profile

July 28, 2015 / 10:38 am

SO MUCH FOOD. I try to eat slow, but I still eat faster than everyone else!

3. July 27, 2015 / 2:08 pm

Looks like a fun weekend! Especially with all of that awesome food. And now I’m hungry. 🙂 So sorry your AC went out. Hope they got that fixed for you pretty quickly. Something I have going on this week: I’m going out to dinner with my hubby’s parents tonight to celebrate his mom’s birthday, which was last Friday. Should be fun!
    Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted…Monday Motivation: Dare to FailMy Profile

July 28, 2015 / 10:39 am

AC is fixed today! Yay! Hope you had a great dinner!

4. July 27, 2015 / 3:20 pm

Mmm all that food looks so good! Esp the dessert ;). I went to Atlantic City for a friend’s bachelorette party this weekend. I planned to read blogs and blog ahead Friday before we left but…..ooops.
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Try This Thursday 7/23 – aerial yogaMy Profile

July 28, 2015 / 10:39 am

Nice! I saw the pictures 🙂 Hope you had fun!

5. July 27, 2015 / 4:58 pm

I had a family friend’s surprise 70th birthday party which was awesome. Unfortunately my family also had to put our dog down this weekend which was not awesome.

I prefer no A/C. Sometimes I enjoy windows open on a hot summer day.

This week is cray crazy–I am moving out of my apartment, playing a concert at the abbey pub, and leading the Chicago Ideas Week #IdeasChat on twitter tomorrow!

July 28, 2015 / 10:40 am

Oh no! So sorry about your dog!

We can switch places anytime if you want my no A/C.

Hope you have a good concert! I’m not able to come but I’m sure it’ll be great!

6. July 27, 2015 / 6:12 pm

I love the outfits, love the bling and I love Shannon’s sari blouse! Our AC went out on the Friday before the 4th of July and it was awful! I hope you’re up and running (and cool) soon.
    Pragati // Simple Medicine recently posted…Prana Smoothie + Yoga OutdoorsMy Profile

July 28, 2015 / 10:41 am

Shannon was a model so she is always so fancy. AC was just fixed so I am a happy camper!