Five Things Friday #50

Happy Friday folks! If you have the day off today, enjoy it! I have to train a client at noon and then teach at 430 pm, but then I’m all set for the weekend.

I really didn’t think about anything to do this weekend, but the weatherย actually looks like it may cooperate. I’m not sure where/if we will catch the fireworks, but I know that this kind of weekend weather calls for a lot of time outside.

IMG_3157.PNG

Let’s get into this five things Friday so that you can get a start on your weekend!

1. Gay Marriage Legalization

I know this technically happened last week, but I am still pretty pumped about it. I forgot I had this shirt from years ago and I guess it doesn’t really make sense to wear it in public anymore:

IMG_3158.JPG

I’m just so happy that love wins.

2. Credit Card

I wrote about this yesterday, but I am pretty pumped that I am on my way to cleaning up some of my past damages.

IMG_3149.PNG

3. Green Chicago

Since we moved here in November, I never really got to experience any color in the city. The other night I was out for almost three hours exploring and taking in my favorite color.

IMG_3128.JPG

Plus, I found this hidden lily pond and it was the most serene place I have been so far in this city.

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

4. Blue Apron Calzones

I love calzones. I love them more than pizza and if given the choice I will always pick the former. I have been pretty disappointed with my calzone selection here in Chicago, but the kale and cheese ones I made the other night from Blue Apron were definitely the best ones I’ve had since I’ve been here. I was also really excited about my dough handling abilities since we have had many homemade pizza failures so far.

If you’re still on the fence about Blue Apron, you can read my review here where there is a discount for two free meals!!

IMG_3145.JPG

5. How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup (affiliate)

I have seen this book floating around the internet and recommended by other bloggers, so I bought it. I thought it was helpful while I was reading it (I finished it in one day), but now when I reflect on it I’m not sure that there was anything spectacular for me to take away. That may be because I research the business side of blogging a LOT anyway, so a lot of the stuff wasn’t really new.

It is definitely a helpful book if you don’t spend all day scouring the internet like I do and I would certainly recommend it if you are interested in doing more to monetize your blog. Note: It is already assumed that you have/know how to set up a blog, so if you are brand new then this may not be for you. This book concentrates more on what to do AFTER you’ve already created a blog.

What I would be more interested in is Ruth’s Elite Blog Academy since I have heard great things, but I’m still not ready to drop that kind of money yet.

IMG_3156.JPG

Well, that’s all folks! I think I used the word “folks” twice in one post. Oh well.

Have a safe and happy Fourth and I will see you all on Monday!

• Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?
  • Do you watch the fireworks?
  • What’s one thing you’re loving this week?

July 9, 2015 / 5:20 pm

I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

1. July 3, 2015 / 7:25 am

Hi Erin. Like your blog and the interesting things that you get up to. Not sure about selling the soul bit, though! See my soul as “work in progress” actually since coming into recovery…….and, boy, did it need some work. Have a serene weekend.
    Andrew Morris recently posted…Healing anxiety?My Profile

2. July 3, 2015 / 8:17 am

I love Chicago! We’re going in a few weeks and I can’t wait! I’ve been thinking about Ruth’s book for days. I need to just buy it.

Have a fabulous weekend Erin!
    jill conyers recently posted…Comprehensive Physical FitnessMy Profile

July 9, 2015 / 5:20 pm

Do it!

Also, how long will you be here? Should we rendezvous?

3. July 3, 2015 / 8:55 am

I love how green Chicago is! Houston is very green as well, people don’t think so if they don’t live here, but we live off of the bayou and running/biking trail that goes all through the city and into downtown and ends at the theatre district. it’s my happy place to walk/run/bike around and see the skyline and green parks at the same time ๐Ÿ™‚
    happy 4th!
    danielle saucy smith recently posted…Food Glorious FoodMy Profile

July 9, 2015 / 5:20 pm

That sounds magical. I want to go!

4. July 3, 2015 / 11:53 am

Green Chicago looks like a lovely one! And 63….brrrrr ๐Ÿ˜› hope you have a fun day with your client and at class today! We are headed to Lake Anna this evening and will stay until tomorrow evening.
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Dairy free coconut milk custardMy Profile

5. July 4, 2015 / 7:42 pm

Love the calzones! I think my hubby and I got the same recipe from Blue Apron and really liked it! Ruth Soukup’s book was a huge game changer for my blog. It really changed how I look at my blog, in a good way. And I’m loving that lake you found! It looks so serene and I’m a sucker for any lake that has actual lily pads in it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you enjoy your weekend!
    Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted…Tiux Compression Sock Review + GiveawayMy Profile