I usually write my motivational/inspirational posts on Thursdays, but today this post is in true Thinking Out Loud style. Lots of photos and food.
1. Bear with me since I usually have 3521657 thoughts going at any one time. In fact, a friend of mine sent me these pictures the other day that I think sum the process up quite nicely:
This one is me during the day. By night time I am always ready for sleep and am out in no time.
2. Remember my obsession with Noosa Honey yogurt? When I was in Target the other day I saw they had a PUMPKIN flavor. I didn’t buy it, but now I am intrigued.
3. I saw this Green Dragon hot sauce at TJs the other day and want to know if anyone has tried it. I have a pretty high spice tolerance, so I don’t want to buy it if it’s not going to knock my socks off.
4. If you like pickles, this popcorn is for you.
5. Apparently this post is all about food (I know you’ve missed that), and I want another one of these.
6. The weather has been so nice here in Chicago lately, but I spend most of my time during the day staring out the window. At least it’s a nice city. I really need to get out and walk around more before the arctic settles upon us.
7. The masterpieces from Neil and Matt’s Blue Apron experiments.
8. I won an entry to the Magnificent Mile Women’s Half Marathon on Sept. 6th through Luna, so of course I am going to run it after May’s shoddy race training and last month’s complete lack of it. I think this time I will actually focus on running in the month I have left. As much as I love my Sweat classes and strength training, I’m going to make sure that I don’t kill myself this time around.
This morning I did a quick 3 mile run and then spent almost the same amount of time trying to get a video of it.
I actually feel excited to start running again. I was a little concerned because this year I didn’t get the same urge to run as I normally do when the weather gets warmer. It was probably because my body discovered high intensity workouts and heavier weights and fell in love, but running will always have a special place in my heart. Apparently only when 13.1 miles are involved though.
I hope you have a great Thursday and I’ll see you tomorrow!
- Do you go through a love/hate relationship with running?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Tell me something random!