8 Thoughts I’m Thinking Out Loud

I usually write my motivational/inspirational posts on Thursdays, but today this post is in true Thinking Out Loud style. Lots of photos and food.

1. Bear with me since I usually have 3521657 thoughts going at any one time. In fact, a friend of mine sent me these pictures the other day that I think sum the process up quite nicely:

IMG_3676.JPG

This one is me during the day. By night time I am always ready for sleep and am out in no time.

IMG_3675.JPG

2. Remember my obsession with Noosa Honey yogurt? When I was in Target the other day I saw they had a PUMPKIN flavor. I didn’t buy it, but now I am intrigued.

IMG_3680.JPG

3. I saw this Green Dragon hot sauce at TJs the other day and want to know if anyone has tried it. I have a pretty high spice tolerance, so I don’t want to buy it if it’s not going to knock my socks off.

IMG_3691.JPG

4. If you like pickles, this popcorn is for you.

IMG_3703.JPG

5. Apparently this post is all about food (I know you’ve missed that), and I want another one of these.

IMG_3614.JPG

6. The weather has been so nice here in Chicago lately, but I spend most of my time during the day staring out the window. At least it’s a nice city. I really need to get out and walk around more before the arctic settles upon us.

IMG_3704.JPG

7. The masterpieces from Neil and Matt’s Blue Apron experiments.

IMG_3684.JPG

IMG_3686.JPG

8. I won an entry to the Magnificent Mile Women’s Half Marathon on Sept. 6th through Luna, so of course I am going to run it after May’s shoddy race training and last month’s complete lack of it. I think this time I will actually focus on running in the month I have left. As much as I love my Sweat classes and strength training, I’m going to make sure that I don’t kill myself this time around.

This morning I did a quick 3 mile run and then spent almost the same amount of time trying to get a video of it.

IMG_3702.PNG

I actually feel excited to start running again. I was a little concerned because this year I didn’t get the same urge to run as I normally do when the weather gets warmer. It was probably because my body discovered high intensity workouts and heavier weights and fell in love, but running will always have a special place in my heart. Apparently only when 13.1 miles are involved though.

I hope you have a great Thursday and I’ll see you tomorrow!

• Do you go through a love/hate relationship with running?
  • What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
  • Tell me something random!

August 17, 2015 / 12:45 pm

Good. Maybe then I can keep up.

1. August 13, 2015 / 6:19 am

PICKLE POPCORN. O. M. G.

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with running. I’ve been trying to run more this summer because my hubby is training for the Scottish run half-marathon. I couldn’t commit because I have so many issues when I run past 8 miles these days. I do love running, but I’m with you on the HIIT and weights. Oh and Spinning, of course!

My fave ice cream flavor is definitely Cinnamon Buns Ben & Jerry’s and they don’t have it in the UK (which is really great AND really terrible)!

Also, I can never figure out how to film myself doing anything haha!
    Erin recently posted…Intuitive Exercise FuelingMy Profile

August 17, 2015 / 12:46 pm

Man if I liked cinnamon that sounds delicious. I would send you some but I’m pretty sure it would be disgusting when it got to you.

2. Konika Jain
    August 13, 2015 / 6:27 am

Remember that You can always return things at Trader Joe’s if you don’t like it! Get the hot sauce 😉

Did you try the pickle popcorn? What did you think? I was looking at it in the store, and this guy walks by me and goes “don’t do it, it’s gross!”.

August 17, 2015 / 12:49 pm

Oh yeah I totally forgot that. I would prob be too lazy though.

I tried it and I don’t like pickles, but I think if you like them then it is good. Idk if that is a great recommendation, but I know someone else who thought it was good!

3. August 13, 2015 / 7:07 am

Totally in the love phase with running at the moment, but I have toggled back and forth many times 🙂
    My favorite frozen treat currently is mango frozen yogurt. I’m just crazy about it especially mixed with a little vanilla bean yogurt. Yummy
    Danielle recently posted…Milk Tea & PoPoMy Profile

August 17, 2015 / 12:51 pm

That sounds amazing. I may have to make that concoction.

August 17, 2015 / 12:53 pm

Yeah me too. I think it’s coming back though despite the fact that I put myself through a bunch of races without training haha

4. August 13, 2015 / 8:47 am

I have a love/hate relationship with running all the time. In fact, this summer we’ve been in an argument but we’re working things out.

The pickle popcorn is something I might need to try. That sounds yummy to my tummy.

I recently started the YouTube thing and found it difficult to video myself without a setup. So now I full on setup but it makes me feel self-conscious having all of that stuff out.
    Angela – WeBeatFat.com recently posted…WIAW: This week’s eats and the leftoverMy Profile

August 17, 2015 / 12:54 pm

Haha I’m glad you guys aren’t breaking up.

It is definitely good if you like pickles!

I’ll have to check you out on there. That’s awesome!

5. August 13, 2015 / 8:53 am

What is that delicious milkshake-looking thing. Want.
    I have running ups and downs as well. I’ve found a groove now where I run in the summer and primarily strength train and do yoga in the winter, which not only helps to prevent running overuse injuries but also keeps me from getting bored with one activity!
    Bri recently posted…{thinking out loud Thursday} Are wellness bloggers doing more harm than good?My Profile

August 17, 2015 / 12:54 pm

It’s just a vanilla milkshake but prob one of the best I have ever had.

6. August 13, 2015 / 11:05 am

Those grapics in #1 are 100 % me. That’s why I also can’t give you ONE random thought. For one because there are too many running in my mind – and then there’s my inability to decide which one too share. Yes, my mind is complicated.
    It’s a pretty new love affair but my favourite ice cream flavour would have to be Vanilla Blueberry Apple Pie. Alternatively mango ;).
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Date your dietMy Profile

August 17, 2015 / 12:54 pm

I know it’s crazy! Also, I need that ice cream in my life. It sounds amazing.

7. August 13, 2015 / 12:22 pm

I’m going to Trader Joe’s on Sunday (yes, Canadian’s get really excited for that stuff) and those two are TOTALLY going to be on my list!).

I think it took me a year to really love and look forward to running again. I think having a coach has really helped with that.
    Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted…Things You NEED to Know About SeaWheezeMy Profile

August 17, 2015 / 12:54 pm

Good I hope you got them!

August 17, 2015 / 12:55 pm

You’ve had it? I’ll have to check it out. Also, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

8. August 13, 2015 / 4:27 pm

You sound like me with the randomness! I have a love hate relationship with running, I love it when I can and I hate it when I can’t run (#injuryprone). I hate it when I’ve taken a break from running and it feels super hard again! Anyone else? Nothing taste better than a smoothie after a hard run, sometimes I dream about them the night before a run!

August 17, 2015 / 12:40 pm

Yes exactly. I think I take it for granted until I actually cant run for some reason and then I’m like WAIT I NEED TO RUN!