This Weekend Was Food

When I looked at the photos from this weekend, they all consisted of food. This weekend was very low key and involved a lot of movies as is par for the course with our lazy weekends.

Friday, Neil and I grabbed lunch together at the Bridge House Tavern. The food was decent, but not for the price. I could have probably made this salad at home, but I am also lazy soooo here we are.

IMG_3754

Friday night I taught some classes at Sweat and was able to see the finished space upstairs. Kitchfix, a local food delivery service, opened up a storefront upstairs from Sweat. The space looks amazing and now I have all kinds of fancy eats just waiting for me at work.

IMG_3758

IMG_3757

Saturday morning Neil and I had a double date brunch at the Bongo Room. I finished this massive mushroom, egg, and cheese burrito but it wasn’t pretty. I became very sleepy shortly after.

IMG_3760

Later on Neil and I went to see Straight Outta Compton. When you can’t decide between regular or sour Skittles, you get both.

IMG_3762

We followed up our eating streak with dinnerย from Dimo’s.

IMG_3764

Accompanied by an impromptu Ice Cube marathon of Friday and Boyz n the Hood (and chocolate).

IMG_3765

Sunday I taught again and whipped up some Trader Joe’s Chinese when I got home. I always make sure to have their BBQ Teriyaki and Kung Pao chicken on hand at all times.

IMG_3766

We headed out for some coffee and a donut later in the afternoon and finished Sunday with another round of movies.

IMG_3769

I didn’t get a long run in this weekend, but I’m going to make sure to get it done today because I’m not going to let myself go into another half marathon with absolutely no preparation. Sometimes you have to be able to be flexible and eat donuts instead of running on the day when you planned to. Today is a new day!

I hope you guys had a great weekend!

• What’s your favorite kind of donut?
  • Are you easily able to rearrange your plans or is that something you struggle with?
  • Last movie you saw in the theater?

1. August 24, 2015 / 5:59 am

Could I eat this weekend? Because that would be awesome. Actually, every meal that I’ve had for the past few days has been huge, which might explain why my stomach is a little wonky this AM. Also the fact that I night sweated like a champ, but whatever.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Legs, Eggs, Deg(a)s, and Doubling UpMy Profile

2. August 24, 2015 / 10:42 am

last movie we saw was SPY and i would totally see it again ๐Ÿ™‚ i used to like blueberry cake donuts with sriracha, cuz i’m crazy and like sweet and spicy! i am pretty rigid with sticking to a schedule but of course i’ve learned to be flexible. having dogs and a husband broke me of my OCD ways FO SHO ๐Ÿ™‚ xox
    danielle saucy smith recently posted…injureez: work through da chitMy Profile

3. August 24, 2015 / 12:28 pm

Man, you did a great job of hitting up some of my favorite indulgence restaurants this weekend! Bongo Room + Dimos = <3 <3 <3. Also, that Ghiradelli bar sounds AMAZING. I've never seen it before, but now I'm going to be on the hunt for it. I really want to like donuts with cream filling, but they always leave me feeling oh-so sick. Cake donuts, on the other hand, fortunately agree with my stomach just fine ๐Ÿ™‚ Give me a cinnamon sugar cake donut and I am the happiest girl in all the land!
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted…Chicago Marathon Training Week 11My Profile

4. August 24, 2015 / 5:35 pm

All of these delicious foods are making me so jealous. I really do need to visit the city more often. Those donuts…I’m drooling. Asking me to choose my favorite donut is like asking a mother to pick her favorite child. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am always partial to donuts with sprinkles. Don’t know what it is, but if it has sprinkles on it, I want it!
    Beth @ Running with the Sunrise recently posted…Monday Motivation: LimitationsMy Profile

5. August 26, 2015 / 4:40 am

Definitely maple bacon donuts. I only had one once, but it was fate. I am actually super relieved most of the time when plans change, especially if it’s to cancel. Is that bad? It sort of is. It’s just, I am so lazy these days and want to live in yoga pants. I’ve NEVER had a sour skittle and somehow feel like I’m not living life to the fullest right now! Haha!
    Erin recently posted…A Day In The Life : Personal Trainer EditionMy Profile

6. August 26, 2015 / 4:58 am

I’m always willing to change my plans if it means getting things done. That hasn’t always been the case. I’ve never liked donuts even as a kid. Chicago seriously has the best restaurant choices!
    jill conyers recently posted…Baja Shrimp TacosMy Profile

7. August 26, 2015 / 7:02 pm

The Skittles, the chocolate, the DONUTS! I want it all!
    Kim recently posted…Oh Yeah! ONE BarsMy Profile