August Income Report

I can’t believe we are already on the back half of September! Where has the year gone? Before the month ends, I want to make sure to get my August Income Report up for you guys!

August Income Report

If you are interested in setting up a blog of your own, check out my post on how to do so in less than 5 minutes!

Income

• Freelance Writing: $250
  • Sponsored Posts: $400
  • sovrn: $11.12
  • Google Adsense: $1.42
  • Shareaholic: $2.05
  • Total: $664.59

What I Did Differently This Month

To be honest, the past couple months I have been about 60% focused on actively trying to grow this blog. I’ve been slightly more focused on personal training and teaching classes since that is where the reliable income is at the moment. It isn’t until I write these monthly income posts that I realize my main focus has really been on posts themselves and not the blog overall.

My income took a jump last month because I got paid for some sponsored posts that I wrote. Unless I maintain those types of posts, it won’t stay quite as high. I get a lot of pitches from companies, but there are so many that I don’t even consider because they aren’t a good fit for myself or my readers.

I wrote a post about cloaking your affiliate links which is funny because I didn’t use very many in August. I’m still glad I set them up that way though for the future.

Most Popular Posts

I decided to start including this in my income reports because it is also helpful to me to see which types of posts do well. This way I can see what YOU as a reader respond most to and I can tailor future posts to those topics.

Plans For September

1. Check in with previous month’s income report to see if I am on goal for the month
  2. Continue to pitch for more freelance opportunities (I have a new one in the works right now)

Last month I talked about how ad networks were basically useless to me at this time, but I decided to keep them more out of laziness than anything else 🙂  If they end up being a problem for you, please let me know!

If you can think of anything that you would like to see (or not) on Erin’s Inside Job or topics that you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section! If you want me to go into more detail about any of the ways I am using to monetize, just ask.  I have been excited to write these and I’m sure in my excitement I have forgotten something.  As always, it is your feedback that helps me know what direction to go to make sure that you are getting the most out of your time here!

Also, if you enjoy reading income reports as much as I do, make sure to check out some of my favorites:

1. Pinch Of Yum
  2. BYREGINA
  3. Making Sense of Cents

Remember, if you are looking to share your own voice and message with the world and want to start your own self-hosted blog, check out how easy it is here!

September 24, 2015 / 8:06 am

Yeah I don’t think this month will be quite as high

1. September 22, 2015 / 11:02 am

That is awesome. I hope someday to be able to report an income like that!!! Thanks for sharing it gives me hope
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com
    heather recently posted…Too……..Tuesday and great runsMy Profile

September 24, 2015 / 8:06 am

Of course! And keep working on it–it doesn’t happen overnight

2. September 23, 2015 / 12:13 pm

Wait, there are introverts on the Internet? 😉 Sponsored posts are so tough…they’re a good way to make a little money blogging, but do too many and you’ll alienate your readers. For what it’s worth, I think you’ve done a great job. 😀
    Beth @ Sublimely Fit recently posted…Blog Rebranding TipsMy Profile

September 24, 2015 / 8:03 am

Thanks! Yeah it’s always a fine line…

September 23, 2015 / 8:17 pm

She’s the best! Thanks for reading 🙂

December 9, 2015 / 3:55 pm

Thanks for including me Francisco!

3. September 12, 2016 / 3:06 am

Hello,

I came across your blog while googling about income reports ShopStyle Collective Affiliate program. We’re starting out a blog about the city Hurghada in Egypt and how to get the most out of your vacation there. I was considering adding partnering with ShopStyle Affiliate Program and wanted to see other’s experience with it.

I liked your blog so much, I go so inspired by your story that I right away went ahead and subscribed to your mailing list. Glad to read about your successes this month. I hope all the best for you and your online blogging career.

Regards,
    Karim

September 12, 2016 / 11:46 am

Aw thank you so much! I think it’s at least worth trying out and seeing how it works for you. I realized that I didn’t really have that many products or clothes that I shared on a regular basis, so it wasn’t really worth it for me. I’d definitely try it and if you don’t see much return, maybe stop using it!