Weekend Adventures

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend. The weather here was beautiful and I feel a little redundant saying that after the past couple weekends. It looks like the temperatures may drop soon enough, so the longer I can go without a jacket, the better. The weekend wasn’t crazy, but there were some adventures.

Saturday Neil and I woke up and wandered around the city. Like last week, we found a new coffeehouse, Citygrounds, in Lincoln Park.

IMG_4200-0

I wanted to wander around the Green City farmer’s market, but we made a quick stop in Hotel Lincoln to reminisce my very first visit to Chicago last year before we moved here. It happened to be the same weekend as the Chicago Marathon and it was incredible to be so close to it. Wishing everyone running it this year all the luck!

IMG_4199-0

IMG_4202

IMG_4203-0

SO MANY PEPPERS. I loved it, but am still recovering from that donut at Glazed and Infused.

IMG_4213-0

We decided to walk back home since it was such a nice day and made a stop at a second farmer’s market on Division Street. Like I mentioned a couple days ago, I have been back on the kombucha train lately, so we stopped off at work so I could grab one on our way.

IMG_4206

I whipped up a quick lunch of chile lime burgers from Trader Joe’s as well as one of their superfood pilafs. Super fast.

IMG_4207-0

IMG_4208-0

Sunday we grabbed some groceries and a piece of art that we are planning on adding to the living room. We have a contractor coming this weekend to do lots of work, so I will be sure to share with you some before and after pictures. Since moving here, we still haven’t hung anything on the walls or settled more into our place. Since it’s time to be adults and all that fun stuff, we decided to finally get a move on.

It looked colder outside than it actually was, so I started craving warm noodles. Warm noodles in our adult house turns out to be ramen, which we specifically went out to buy. We did add in some steak tips though, so that makes it a little fancier, right?

IMG_4212

After lunch we watched movies and football and had another relaxing Sunday afternoon. Next weekend we will be out of town, so there will be many more adventures to share with you upon my return!

• What’s the best thing you did this weekend?
  • When was the last time you had ramen?
  • Do you like farmer’s markets?

September 28, 2015 / 12:27 pm

It’s mine now too! I used to love the Synergy one until I found this.

September 28, 2015 / 12:27 pm

They’re good but reeeallly salty. Oh wel!

1. September 28, 2015 / 9:08 am

I love farmers markets. This weekend was pretty laid back here. I love ramen, I make like a pho out of it. I eat it once every couple weeks. I cannot stand hot food, those peppers look painful.
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com
    heather recently posted…bakingrunner: Things I will not miss about summer….My Profile

September 28, 2015 / 12:28 pm

That sounds delicious but I would also dump a bunch of spice in it haha

2. September 28, 2015 / 11:30 am

No pizza in your weekend recap?! Is everything okay?!

TJ’s chile lime burgers are delicious — I have some in my freezer and I think it’s definitely time to pull one out for dinner! So many farmer’s markets — I love it!
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…Bills and Bars: a time and a placeMy Profile

September 28, 2015 / 12:29 pm

I know. Neil actually got some after I told him it was no pizza weekend. I ate his crusts 🙂

3. September 28, 2015 / 11:45 am

I miss Trader Joe’s so much. It looks like they just keep coming up with more and more amazing products There’s just nothing like it over here. 🙁

I LOVE the reception counter at that hotel — so cool with all the random drawer fronts!

I had a great (but exhausting) weekend with my 4-year-old niece. We explored castles and Luke and I took a beautiful run yesterday along a loch. It has actually been really warm and sunny here too. Although when that happens over here, I worry the end of the world is coming haha!
    Erin@BeetsPerMinute recently posted…Why I Thought About Quitting My BlogMy Profile

September 28, 2015 / 12:30 pm

Guess you’ll just have to come back and visit! I’m glad you had such nice weather and a break from all the rain you seem to have there 🙂

4. September 28, 2015 / 4:55 pm

Ahhh, I haven’t had “real” or packaged Ramen in SO LONG!!! And now I’m craving a hot bowl 🙂
    My weekend wasn’t too crazy – not as many food adventures as previous 😛
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Monday motivation: think like EinsteinMy Profile

September 28, 2015 / 5:39 pm

It was just as delicious as I remembered it! That sounds like my weekend too. One of my friends was concerned bc pizza was absent from my weekend.