Five Things Friday #62

Happy Friday!

This week has been a bit of a whirlwind with my trip to Florida right in the middle of the week. I feel like I didn’t get much accomplished, but hopefully I can use today to catch up on life. I’m working both days this weekend to make up for the lost time in the middle, so if you are in the area and want to take a class with me, let me know!

There are so many things that I am loving this week, but as usual I am limiting it to five. Make sure to let me know some of the things you are loving this week in the comments so I can see if I am missing out on anything!

1. iPhone 6S Plus

Last weekend I upgraded my phone from the 6 Plus to the 6S Plus. It wasn’t a huge upgrade, but Neil and I get new phones every year since we are eligible after 12 months. The main difference is the touch sensitivity features and the fact that I have the option to take moving pictures, but I can’t say that I have really been utilizing those as much.

iphone 6S Plus

2. Surface 2

If you’ve been reading for awhile, you may remember all the drama I went through when I got a Surface from Microsoft. I originally went with the Surface 3 and then ended up downgrading to the Surface 2. I use it periodically when I go out of town in lieu of a laptop, but I’m not really in love with it.

I took it with me to Florida and for some reason found it much more useful than I did in the past. I especially loved it for watching Netflix (see #5) which I haven’t really used it for before. After about two years I may just be coming around to the benefits of it.

Microsoft Surface 2

3. Blog Friends

When I was in Orlando this past week I had a chance to meet up with Pragati who blogs over at Simple Medicine. This was one of the first times I met up with someone I knew through blogging when it wasn’t at a conference or with other people.

We had a great dinner at Whole Foods where I gorged myself on roast chicken, sweet potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. Sadly, they were all out of my Gingerade kombucha, but her company made up for my disappointment.

erin pragati

4. Warm Weather

Although it came with the expected humidity, my trip to Florida was so great. I loved the warmth and being able to sit out in the sun for periods of the day. The only drawback was that I wasn’t able to shove all my belongings in a jacket (I stopped carrying a purse when I moved to Chicago), but the sun was a welcome change from the cold that’s started to seep into the Midwest.

orlando wyndham resort

5. American Horror Story

I know this show has been around since 2011 and it’s been on my list to watch for almost as long. I spent my last night in Orlando watching Netflix and eating a chocolate chip cookie from Whole Foods (which is in my top 3, by the way) and decided to give it a shot. Why I chose this show out of all of them to watch alone in a hotel with a first-floor sliding glass door I do not know, but I will say that I got through three episodes before I went to sleep.

I watched another one while I was waiting to board at the airport and I’m definitely planning when I can sit down and watch some more. Have you seen it?

American-Horror-Story-Title

(source)

Overall, it’s been a great week and I am looking forward to the weekend even if there is a snowflake warning on my weather app 🙁

• What’s one thing you are loving this week?
  • What’s the best thing you ate all week?
  • What show are you watching right now?
Share:

1. November 20, 2015 / 6:21 am

Welcome back to the not warm weather! I think we are expecting flurries at some point in the next 24 hours? HI PRI! We are likely going to get Alex a surface or give him my computer and I’ll get a surface or something. Our computers are going the way of the dinos.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Friday Favorites: Logos, Bacon, Pumpkin, Music, More!My Profile

November 23, 2015 / 6:46 am

Oh we will eat all the deep dish possible. So great to meet you!

2. November 20, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Meeting other bloggers is SO much fun! I’m happy you got to meet Pragati and grab a meal at the magical Whole Foods – a place I’ve heard so much about in recent years but have yet to visit. I wish both it and more bloggers were found over here ;). I feel like living in blogger no man’s land at times.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Why I didn’t #prayforparis [hint: it’s not lack of empathy]My Profile

November 23, 2015 / 6:47 am

You haven’t been to a Whole Foods? Come to Chicago we have a million!

3. Clara
    November 20, 2015 / 6:28 pm

Random fun fact: When I was a kid I thought the snowflake next to the temperature display in the car meant it was Christmas time. Made perfect sense. 😀
    I’m (re-)watching Gossip Girl right now. And the best thing I ate all week was Japanese hot pot!! Yummy!

November 23, 2015 / 6:47 am

Aw that’s so cute. Mmm that food sounds great right about now in all this cold!

4. November 21, 2015 / 6:49 am

Love meeting blog friends! and yay for warm weather.did you bring that back to Chicago? haha kidding. xxoo

November 23, 2015 / 6:48 am

Oh man how I wish I brought it back. It’s been too cold!!

5. November 21, 2015 / 10:30 am

I’ve never tried one of the Surface computers before, but it’s interesting that it wasn’t working very well for you until recently. As for shows, I’ve spent this week catching up on Grey’s Anatomy!
    Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted…Saturday Catch UpMy Profile

November 23, 2015 / 6:48 am

I’ve only seen part of a season but it was definitely a show I could get hooked on!

6. November 23, 2015 / 10:08 am

I’m OBSESSED with AHS. I just started watching Season 5. I have to say season 2 was my absolute fave. I normally am scared of everything, so I know it’s really good when I want to scare the crap out of myself. Ugh, it’s so good! That’s so cool you got to meet Pragati! I have met several people in Glasgow through blogging. It’s great! 🙂
    Erin@BeetsPerMinute recently posted…Silver Linings and Creative VisualizationsMy Profile

November 23, 2015 / 9:45 pm

Yeah it’s so good! We got three episodes into Asylum and so far so good. That’s so great you’ve met other bloggers. Isn’t it such a great community??