My First Fitness Photo shoot + An Epic Food Weekend

This weekend was AWESOME. First, it was filled with an amazing photo and video shoot at work and then eating all of the food I’ve been dreaming about for a month. Let’s get right into it, shall we?

Saturday

Saturday afternoon we all met at Sweat in preparation for our first group photo and video shoot. Friday morning I went to Benefit to get a spray tan which was AMAZING. This was the first time I had had an actual person spray me and I would highly recommend the experience to anyone. Now if I only had the funds to do it on the regular…

We were pumped for picture time so we took random pictures.

sweat photoshoot

Lauren and I took a selfie while we were waiting for our turn. I need to buy her a new computer so she can get back to blogging.

sweat photoshoot 2

We won’t get the actual shots for awhile, but being the good blogger I am, I forced other people to document. First we took some headshots and afterwards we used props to get some action ones.

Sweat photoshoot 3

Here’s a glorious outtake. I didn’t want to hold this kettlebell anymore. Those lights were hot and the bell was heavy. This will be my new profile picture.

sweat photoshoot 4

Group shot at the end. I don’t have any footage of the video shoot, but after our photos were taken we did a full high-intensity workout. Definitely the first time I’ve done that in full makeup and hair.

sweat photoshoot 6

Immediately after the shoot, I had Neil meet me at work and we went to Cheesie’s, a place I have had my sights on for awhile now. I got the mac ‘n cheese grilled cheese sandwich, which had American cheese AND mac ‘n cheese in it. Bonus: their grilled cheese sandwiches are made on Texas Toast. It was glorious.

cheesies

On the way home I needed to stop at Whole Foods and we found a gigantic amount of salmon on sale.

img_6662

So we bought over 2 lbs. We ate about half of it and then some more for dinner Sunday night.

Yes, that is a chocolate chip cookie in the background from Whole Foods—my favorite kind. Neil insisted I get it because “later Erin” would wish she had. He was right.

img_6668

After seeing my mac ‘n cheese sandwich for lunch, Neil decided he wanted old school Kraft mac ‘n cheese. I made the mistake of sending him to the store by himself (always a mistake), and he returned with every variety they had because he needed to do a taste test.

Thankfully, he only made two and we will probably never make the other ones.

img_6665

We watched a couple movies (and I ate a lot of Skittles), including one called The Visit by M. Night Shyamalan. I watched it because I enjoy his movies, but for some reason this one really creeped me out. I’m only saying that because movies typically don’t do that to me. I have no idea why it freaked me out so much, but I did call the twist which I’m proud of because his are usually pretty wacky.

Sunday

I slept in, made a normal breakfast of three scrambled eggs and tea, then researched with Neil where we should go for a burger. We have already been to many of the top recommended spots and we wanted to find somewhere new.

We settled on DMK Burger in Lakeview and it did not disappoint. I got their version of a Big Mac (which I’ve never even had in real life), and it was incredible. I had to eat it with a fork and knife.

DMk burger

After burgers, I wanted to find dessert because I have gone totally out of control, so we went to The Twisted Baker. I hadn’t tried it yet, but it got good reviews. They have sandwiches andΒ desserts ranging from cupcakes to cookies to macarons. I settled on this red velvet cheesecake and finished half of it. Then I rolled myself to the train.

twisted baker red velvet cheesecake

I reflected on the past couple weeks of no dairy, grains, and minimal sugar and realized that I hadn’t napped much at all. If you’ve been reading for awhile, you know that most weekends I mention a nap at least once. Saturday and Sunday I noticed that I was yawning a lot more and Sunday I passed out for a nap as soon as we got home from dessert. I think I may write a whole post about my nutrition and some things I want to change.

After lunch, we watched the playoffs and hung out for the rest of the night. I went through my closet and made a preliminary selection to sell on Poshmark, so when I get pictures up this week I’ll make sure to let you know and you can raid my closet!

This week I’m teaching a bunch of classes and am meeting with a couple new potential training clients (yay!). It’ll be busy, but as long as I don’t eat sugar all day long I think I’ll be able to stay awake πŸ™‚

P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Oak Leaf lamp giveaway which ends this Friday at midnight CST!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s your favorite dessert?
  • If you’re on the East coast, what are you doing to enjoy your blizzard time?

1. January 25, 2016 / 5:30 am

So so so FUN!!!!
    I love living vicariously and it brought back so many memories of a shoot I did with FILA
    Carla recently posted…Sleep Consistency Matters.My Profile

January 25, 2016 / 6:40 pm

That sounds amazing. I wish I could do it every day it was so much fun!

January 25, 2016 / 6:41 pm

I just want to have another one for the hell of it. Maybe I should be a fashion blogger and have someone follow me around at all times

January 25, 2016 / 6:42 pm

Oh sweet congrats!! I’m prob going to write up a post next week about my eating and prep. It definitely wasn’t crazy but I did have to stop my desserts which made me sad inside haha

2. January 25, 2016 / 8:09 am

Way to go for grilled cheese! Once I had Mac and cheese pizza and it was GLORIOUS! This weekend I worked and tried to rest up. I felt tired from the week so I went to bed earlier and did more cuddling with my cats. I live in Upstate NY so we didn’t get hit with snow. It’s still cold, but thankfully we were missed by Jonas. Have a great week!
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review [01/18-01/24]My Profile

January 25, 2016 / 6:44 pm

That sounds like a great weekend. I hope you’re well rested. Don’t even get me started on Mac and cheese pizza. It was my weakness for like 5 weekends in a row.

January 25, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Aw thanks Jen! It was so much fun! They certainly were.

3. January 25, 2016 / 9:27 am

As soon as you mentioned Cheesie’s, I was going to ask you if you had gotten the mac & cheese grilled cheese! (Or order you to get it, if you hadn’t.) I figured if you like mac & cheese pizza, you’d probably like that grilled cheese, too. I had it when I went to North Coast the same day that I ran 18 miles, and man, it almost did me in. I think I managed to finish it, but just barely. That is a SANDWICH. But omgsogood. Carbs sandwiched between carbs are my kinda food πŸ˜›
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted…Thursday ThingsMy Profile

January 25, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Oh you know it. I’ve also found a place that serves burgers w fried mac and cheese as the buns but I couldn’t bring myself to do that this weekend. It’s on the list though…

January 25, 2016 / 6:45 pm

I know–I got so sleepy all weekend! I was like guys, I just need to nap here for a minute.

4. January 25, 2016 / 12:07 pm

Haha let’s start a GoFundMe page for a new computer for me!! Haha. Great post! It was so much fun spending Saturday with you πŸ™‚ so excited for what’s ahead of us. AND I really need to make my way to Cheesie’s. I live so close!!
    Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted…My First Fitness Photoshoot: Sweat ChicagoMy Profile

January 25, 2016 / 6:46 pm

Haha I almost wrote that. You most definitely need to go. And I need to get to Honey Butter after your last post about it.

January 25, 2016 / 6:46 pm

Right?? I told you you’d better get on it n

January 25, 2016 / 6:47 pm

Thanks Stephanie! I can’t wait either. I also want to see that video. I can’t even think about that grilled cheese right now. It was magical.

5. January 25, 2016 / 1:08 pm

So fun!! Congrats. You look great. That kettle ball outtake is hilarious.

January 25, 2016 / 6:47 pm

Thanks Sarah! There were a couple other ones too but that one made me laugh out loud.

6. January 25, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Holy smokes – what a weekend you had! First off, major props for still managing to look cute while doing those fitness shots. I would’ve been sweating after the 1st shot – which is probably why I won’t ever make it in modeling. Darn it. Second, what an awesome experience to be a part of!
    And your food!! Dying at all the cheesiness thats happening.
    Kat recently posted…Sea Salt & Lime PopcornMy Profile

January 25, 2016 / 6:48 pm

Thanks!! Thankfully the pictures went pretty quickly BC that light was seriously hot! I think I’m STILL full of cheese

7. January 25, 2016 / 10:10 pm

K, so I’ve always loved you but I think I fell deep when you used the term “later Erin.” That was actually beyond brilliant. I’ll steal that one eventually, but I’ll give it some lag time just so it doesn’t feel unethical.

I have never seen a macaroni and cheese grilled sandwich in Canada before, ever. We don’t even have Cheese Its.
    Suzy recently posted…Week In Review: Potty MouthMy Profile

January 26, 2016 / 9:10 pm

Hahahaha you can thank Neil for coining that one. I think cheeze its are awful so you’re not missing anything!

January 26, 2016 / 9:16 pm

Aw that’s such a nice compliment! I can’t wait to see them either. I can only imagine how you feel after shoveling. It is one of my least favorite things ever.

8. January 28, 2016 / 1:19 pm

The photoshoot looked so fun and awesome! Just found your blog today by the way and am enjoying it! πŸ™‚

January 28, 2016 / 5:33 pm

I’m so glad you like it Julia! Thanks for reading! I wish I could do that photo shoot every day!

January 29, 2016 / 12:41 pm

Aw thanks Ivanna. It was so much fun!

9. January 29, 2016 / 8:07 pm

so i need your autograph.

oh, not for the shoot. for the epic choice of foods. I seriously give Neil massive props….all that mac n cheese!!!!!! πŸ˜€

Keen to hear your nutrition thoughts now VS during your prep!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy 1 Minute Lemon Poppyseed MuffinMy Profile

February 1, 2016 / 6:21 pm

I’ll be happy to give it to you. I’m coming to stay w some family in Santa Monica and Malibu next month…we should definitely plan to meet up!

10. February 1, 2016 / 8:04 am

I’ve had a mac n’ cheese stuffed burger but not a grilled cheese. YUM! You look awesome in your photo shoot. So profesh! Also, the personal spray tan experience is amazing, but far too costly! I’m experimenting with a new in-shower tanner later this week. I’ll have to do a review if actually works! πŸ™‚
    Erin@BeetsPerMinute recently posted…February Intentions Workout ChallengeMy Profile

February 1, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Yeah let me know! I went out and bought a spray I can do at home to try and keep it going for awhile

February 9, 2016 / 3:23 pm

Oh good I’m glad I’m not the only one. I couldn’t even figure out what freaked me out so much about it