My VIBEUP and Winter Weekend

Happy Monday!

I realized that even though I took a LOT of pictures this weekend, very few of them actually represented my weekend. I worked on some upcoming projects and posts, so the million pictures I took on Sunday don’t actually fit in for this weekend’s recap. Looks like you’ll have to get by with five πŸ™‚

Saturday morning I headed to The Godfrey Hotel for the one year celebration of VIBEUP, a group dedicated to helping grow the community through various health and wellness events.Β Although they’ve been around for a year, this was actually the first time that I’d heard of them. I’m glad I went because I was able to connect with a lot of fitness friends and vendors that I’ve met since my time here in Chicago.

vibeup

There were two workout options—an hour of yoga or a workout with Gideon Akande, a local Chicago trainer and instructor who won the Men’s Health Top Fitness trainer title this year. I’m sure you have no idea which workout I chose.

He took us (a group of 50+) through a well-choreographed and sweat-inducing workout, which was no easy feat given the size of the room we all had to fit into. I even got some time to hang out with my friend Emily who works with me at Sweat.

vibeup 2

After the workout, I grabbed my lunch from local Kitchfix, said my goodbyes, and made my way home. I also made out with a free tea from David’s Tea and the always delicious Luna Bar minis (plus all the samples I ate while I was there). Neil and I ran some errands and then called it a day right before it started snowing.

vibeup 3

Sunday morning I woke up to teach on the coldest day of the year so far. It may say 16, but I think the “feels like” temperature was actually in the negative.

img_6178

I taught two PACKED partner classes at Sweat and then awkwardly posed for a group photo with some of my favorite people.

sweat

(photo courtesy of Sweat Chicago)

I headed home, took lots of pictures, drank lots of tea, then watched the Packers have an amazing win in their playoff game against the Redskins. I know I’m from MD, but I’m super pumped for my Packers!

After football came The Golden Globes and then bed. It was a CRAZY weekend over here.

I hope you had a great weekend and are starting off this Monday on a good note. Check back in tomorrow!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s your weather like?
  • What’s one thing you’re looking forward to this week?

January 11, 2016 / 7:38 pm

I bet it is awesome. I’m jealous. Bring back a tan for me

January 11, 2016 / 7:39 pm

Oh no you got booed out?! That sounds awful. I will watch from the comfort of the couch πŸ™‚

1. January 11, 2016 / 11:49 am

Our weather has been okay in that it’s dry and sunny but it’s COLD. And why is the winter sun way brighter than the summer sun? I feel like I walk around squinting all the time, even in my sunglasses. Love the awkward pose you did in that photo. HA! Awesome.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

January 11, 2016 / 7:39 pm

I do that too. I have my hood up squinting into the cold sun. It’s a lovely sight

2. January 11, 2016 / 1:32 pm

That event looked really awesome. I need to find something like that here in Glasgow. Fitness is such a different world over here. I’m looking forward to taking my first U-Jam class on Thursday. After quitting teaching Zumba, I’m kind of hoping I love it enough to get licensed to teach a dance/fitness class again! Also, ouch with the weather. If I ever got back to New Hampshire in the winter I will be such a wimp, it’s super mild over here compared to back home! Have a great day, Erin!
    Erin@BeetsPerMinute recently posted…3 Actions to Fight Your Inner ConflictMy Profile

January 11, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Well hopefully some of that rain has let up! Maybe you can be the one to start some fitness events over there!

3. January 11, 2016 / 4:59 pm

Aw man, I’m so jealous of your free David’s Tea coupon. πŸ˜‰ I’m seriously addicted. Like three or four cups already today addicted. (At least it’s mostly been herbal tea. Sleigh Ride FTW.) Glad you had a fun weekend! I spent most of my weekend in front of my computer, but I got a lot of things done. Nothing like the feeling you get when you’ve accomplished a lot.
    Beth @ Sublimely Fit recently posted…Monday Motivation: Providing ValueMy Profile

January 11, 2016 / 7:41 pm

I love that feeling. If you ever came into the city id give you one BC I got another when I lost my shit BC they ran out of eggnog haha

January 11, 2016 / 7:38 pm

Oh most definitely. I would run on a treadmill any day rather than have to go outside in the cold!

January 11, 2016 / 7:41 pm

Oh no that’s too cold! You’re right that’s an excellent commute. Beats my 20 minute ice walk

4. January 11, 2016 / 7:57 pm

Vibeup sounds AWESOME!! Charlottesville has little run clubs from various studios and Lululemon, but seeing as how I don’t love to run…merp.
    Gosh, I wonder which one I’d pick, the yoga or workout!!
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…5 Ingredient Garlic Naan PizzaMy Profile

January 13, 2016 / 12:53 pm

You’d be all over the yoga. I choose for you.