Blogging Conference and Superbowl Weekend

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to conquer the world this coming week. Some weeks I feel daunted by the time Monday rolls around, but this week I’m feeling pretty good about life. I’ll take it.

Here’s a recap of what went down with me this weekend:

Friday

I teach every Friday night (come work out with me!), so afterwards I made a trip to Dimo’s with Neil and our friend Matt. I hadn’t had their pizza in well over a month since I cut it out when prepping for my photo shoot. (Ok, I may have eaten a couple of Neil’s crusts)

I got my usual mac and cheese slice, but then couldn’t pass up this s’mores option. It was just too beautiful. Unfortunately, since I haven’t been shoving dessert in my face as much, it got real sweet real fast and I couldn’t even finish it.

Dimo's Smores Pizza Chicago

My two on the bottom as well as a taco and chicken alfredo option. SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.

img_7052

Saturday

I spent pretty much all of Saturday close to home at the Dana Hotel for Blog Your Best, the inaugural conference put on by the Windy City Blogger Collective. I’m planning to recap the most useful info in tomorrow’s post, so for right now let’s just check out some pictures.

I was able to see Susie (FINALLY off crutches), which made the day enjoyable.

Blog Your Best 2016

Then I really only took pictures of food. I loved these chocolate chip cookies, which you know is saying something since I travel all around the city sampling them.

Blog Your Best Cookies

After lunch we were greeted by bowls of candy, which is alright by me. There were healthier options for breakfast, but I ate before I came.

Blog Your Best candy

I wasn’t a huge fan of the lunch options, so Susie and I grabbed lunch at Whole Foods which is only a block away. I got a deliciously healthy salad, but of course made room for mac and cheese. Sadly, I was disappointed and didn’t finish it.

Whole Foods

The conference was held in the top floor of the hotel, the Vertigo Sky Lounge, which serves as a nightclub. The outside deck had several ice sculptures including this chair that confirmed my reign over the city.

Blog Your Best Vertigo Lounge

We wrapped up around 5:30 pm and I spent some time networking at the happy hour before heading home around 6 pm. Thankfully Neil had prepared nachos and this awesome enchilada for me to inhale when I got there. We were both pretty tired and ended up heading to bed around 8:30 pm like old people.

img_7031

Sunday

Since the weather was so nice this weekend (40s), I wanted to spend some time exploring the city, but Neil woke up feeling under the weather and we couldn’t decide where to go. After a certain amount of time I lost momentum and decided to drink tea and watch The Walking Dead while Neil took a nap.

Let’s segue to The Walking Dead for a minute. I started watching it some time last year since I had heard such great things. I was so annoyed after the first couple episodes because it moved so slowly and I honestly didn’t care about any of the characters. Honestly, I couldn’t wait for some of them to be eaten. I still don’t love it, but I keep watching it. I’m a couple episodes into Season 4 and I finally may be enjoying the plot, but time will tell.

It was great to have a nice, relaxing day at home. We pieced dinner together for the Superbowl and made nachos with carne asada steak from Trader Joe’s. I had to take this hurried picture before hands were all in it. I promise it was delicious.

img_7047

Then we busted out the candy stash. I ate a whole bag of gummy bears and felt like my teeth were rotting out of my mouth. Maybe I should lay off the sugar for a bit. Maybe.

img_7051

I really only watched the Superbowl for the commercials and the halftime show, both of which were just meh for me. Any thoughts?

Check back tomorrow for more info on Blog Your Best and my biggest takeaways. I hope you had a great weekend!

• Did you watch the Superbowl?
  • What did you do this weekend?
  • What was the best thing you ate?

1. February 8, 2016 / 6:12 am

We ended up going to La Madia after and I seriously got drunk on carbs. And I don’t even want to talk about how much I ate Sunday night. I thought that I seriously would be full for years after, but when I woke up this morning I was freaking hungry again. WTF?
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…SoulCycle x Target, Blends, and Blog Inspiration WeekendMy Profile

February 9, 2016 / 3:00 pm

I feel you man. I’m always hungry. It’s prob a tapeworm

2. February 8, 2016 / 8:19 am

I didn’t watch the super bowl but I did read people tweet about it and that was hilarious. I watched the halftime show today and it was pretty good. Who doesn’t love Bey and Bruno? The best thing I ate this weekend was gumbo. I’m usually not a fan because of the okra, but I added cheese and left the gumbo at the bottom so it was good. I’ll take a piece of s’mores pizza anytime!
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review: Keep SmilingMy Profile

February 9, 2016 / 3:00 pm

I was confused by the halftime show just BC it seemed like it was 2008 or something haha

February 9, 2016 / 3:01 pm

Come to Chicago!

3. Paula
    February 8, 2016 / 10:27 am

ARE THERE TEDDY GRAHAMS ON THAT S’MORES PIZZA??? I’m yelling only because that’s both adorable AND genius. The best thing I ate this weekend was probably these lemon ricotta beignets at Sunday brunch. I made meatball subs for dinner as a concession to the Superbowl, but that was as exciting as it got this weekend. You’re definitely making me feel as though I need more pizza in my life.

February 9, 2016 / 3:21 pm

Those sound so good! And yes, those are definitely Teddy Grahams. You should have been with me since I was never a huge fan!

4. February 8, 2016 / 11:34 am

I agree with you on the commercials- Meh indeed! I’m worried Super Bowl commercials aren’t really a thing anymore, and that makes me sad.

The best thing I ate this weekend was cake last night- it was shaped like a football field and had pretend Super Bowl rings on it and was topped with neon green icing. It tasted great, but I’m feeling the aftermath today :(. My body does not respond to junk food like it used to!
    Jessica recently posted…Currently: JanuaryMy Profile

February 9, 2016 / 3:22 pm

That sounds like an intense cake. I would have cake hangover for days and have to cure it with more cake.

5. February 8, 2016 / 12:35 pm

I got bored in the middle of the walking dead but the current season and last season was SO GOOD! Keep going. It gets so much better.

Also, I won’t surprise myself if I plan a trip to Chicago JUST to eat that Mac n’Cheese pizza.
    Pragati // Simple Medicine recently posted…Costco Shopping Guide: Part SixMy Profile

February 9, 2016 / 3:23 pm

Ughhhh that’s what people tell me which is why I’ve continued to watch. And you’d better come here sometime!

6. February 8, 2016 / 12:40 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend. I didn’t watch the game but I’m glad the Broncos won finally I live in Denver so I didn’t want to hear everyone crying today if they had loss lol.
    Ivanna recently posted…Stop paying for these items to save moneyMy Profile

February 9, 2016 / 3:24 pm

Oh yeah that would have been super annoying

February 9, 2016 / 3:24 pm

It was! All of them are amazing :$

7. February 9, 2016 / 7:33 am

Oh hey beautiful ladies 🙂 looks like a fun weekend! I want to fly to Chicago right now and eat that pizza. This past weekend I had my bridal shower, and we hosted a potluck the next night for the super bowl. Fun and busy weekend!
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Healthy Apple Peanut Butter Breakfast CookiesMy Profile

February 9, 2016 / 3:26 pm

Yay bridal shower! I hope you had a great time!!