Five Things Friday #75

I think I’m finally settling into a groove with work. I’ve taken on a couple more personal training clients, who I see early in the morning and in the evening after work. Because I get started so early, I’ve been able to keep teaching classes at Sweat, get a workout in, and have the afternoon hours to work on this blog, freelancing, and a new job opportunity (keep reading). My free time has definitely decreased, but so far I’m loving the way things are working out!

To kick off the weekend, here are some of my favorite things from this week. Make sure to leave some of yours in the comments!

1. Clever Foodies Scramble

A couple weeks ago I posted a picture on Instagram of my 90 eggs that I had gotten from Cotsco. When I asked how everyone likes to eat their eggs, one of my followers, Rachel, mentioned this product to me. Not too long after that, the company reached out and offered to help me finish off all those eggs in a deliciously creative way.

Scramble comes in three different flavors: Leafy Greens, Mediterranean, and Rancheros. It is a mixture of vegetables and herbs that you simply mix in with your eggs to make omelets, fritattas, or a quick mess of scrambled eggs like I usually do. They are all natural, non-GMO, have no preservatives, and are REALLY good. I’ve been using them in my eggs all week and I can’t believe how much just a little bit adds so much flavor.

Each container holds four servings and you can find them near where you find your eggs. For a list of retailers, check here. I’m not sponsored to write this post, they’re just legitimately good.

Clever Foodies Scramble

2. Adult Gymnastics

Gymnastics is something I did when I was younger. Since I come from a military family, we moved around a lot and after I moved to MD I never picked it back up. It’s been something that I’ve loved ever since then and every year there will come a point where I remember how much I love it and go on a frantic Google search to find somewhere that will let me do it as an adult.

I always lived in small areas and suburbs that didn’t offer any adult programs, but after I moved to Chicago I discovered that there were three (!!) places in the vicinity for me to choose from! I dropped into a class this week at Lakeshore Academy and LOVED the atmosphere. Sadly, the workout wasn’t quite what I expected and turned into more of an open gym for people to work on what they wanted. Maybe it was a result of unrealistic expectations, but I was a little disappointed. I think what I ultimately want is my own personal gymnastics coach to train me and send me to the Olympics in my 30s.

I might check out some of the other locations, although this may just be the format for adults. Next time I’ll wear a leotard and try to sneak into the kid’s class. I’m probably short enough.

Lakeshore Academy Gymnastics

Lakeshore Academy Gymnastics 2

3. Director of Social Media at Sweat Chicago

As if I didn’t have enough going on at the moment, I am in the process of transitioning into the role of Social Media Director at Sweat. This means that I will manage our social media accounts, blog content, and work on increasing brand awareness here in Chicago and nationwide. It’s a great opportunity and one that I’m certainly qualified for, so I’m looking forward to having more control over content in the coming month.

If you don’t have enough social media accounts to follow, feel free to follow Sweat where you can see my shining face from time to time:

4. The Paleo Cookie

I’ve been eating these Paleo Cookies all week. We sell them at my work and at several surrounding stores in the area and since I’ve fallen behind on responsibly packing snacks throughout the day, I’ve probably been eating a few too many of these. The ingredients are simple and awesome and each cookie is GF, grain-free, non-GMO, and dairy-free. BAM. I like all the flavors (chocolate chip, pumpkin, and brownie), but my favorite is still probably the brownie cookie. ALL CHOCOLATE ALL DAY.

If you don’t want to commit to the full size, they also sell a sample pack of mini versions. Also, if you’re not in the area, they ship nationwide and if you are interested in trying them out for the first time, you can order a free mini sampler for the cost of shipping (so kinda free). Check it out here.

Paleo Cookie

5. Recent Press

All in the past couple and coming weeks I’ve had the opportunity to work with a number of different media outlets to share my story. The topic is usually to share what I’ve been through, with different outlets choosing a specific focus such as depression, what I’m doing now, orย my entrepreneurial skills (whaa?). All of the live links have been updated on my Press & Publications page, but to check out what’s coming down the line, here’s what I’ve been working on:

I hope you have a great weekend and I look forward to catching up with you on Monday!

• What’s one thing you are loving this week?
  • What’s your favorite cookie flavor?
  • How do you like your eggs?

February 26, 2016 / 7:01 am

Thanks Megan!

February 26, 2016 / 7:02 am

Hahaha I may have to stop with a nap today

1. February 26, 2016 / 6:13 am

Congrats on all the press! You’ve got an incredible story and you’re so courageous and strong for sharing it. You are helping SO many people. I love it.
    Suzy recently posted…Turning OverMy Profile

February 26, 2016 / 7:02 am

Thanks girl! I’m pumped!

2. February 26, 2016 / 7:49 am

I’m so jealous of the gymnastics class (even if it wasn’t what you hoped for)! I was a competitive gymnast till HS and it was SUCH a big part of my life. The gym I went to as a child had an adult class I took a few years ago but I was the only “loyalist” so it was cancelled. After having a baby, I’m sure I’ve lost everything I regained.
    If you start an old people Olympic hopefuls team, lemme know! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    And congrats on the new position at Sweat!
    Catherine @ foodiecology recently posted…Thinking Out Loud With A SurveyMy Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:12 pm

Oh no I’m sure you’ve still got moves. I stopped when I was 7 and I still have everything I learned up until then!

February 29, 2016 / 5:13 pm

Me too. That’s why I bought 90 haha. Those mixins are really good. Let me know if you like Mediterranean flavors and I’ve got one w your name on it

February 29, 2016 / 5:13 pm

I’ve never made a poached egg in my life. I don’t even know if I’ve had one!

3. February 26, 2016 / 12:45 pm

I do something really similar with my scrambled eggs – I pre-make mix ins for a couple of days and then just mix it in for quick breakfasts. I love that a company does it for you!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Friday Favorites #42My Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:14 pm

What a good idea! Can’t believe I never thought of it!

4. Sharon
    February 26, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Congrats to you Erin! Dedication pays off. Oh, my favorite cookie flavor is chocolate chip. I prefer my eggs scrambled hard. One thing I’m loving this week is I conquered my fear of deep water swimming! Actually, that’s something I will love for a long time.

February 29, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Does scrambled hard mean they’re super cooked and brownish? Bc that’s how I like my eggs. ALL DAY.

5. February 26, 2016 / 3:40 pm

So many awesome new opportunities for you! Congratulations! I just have to take break for a second to tell you that I clicked through from Instagram and want to tell you again how awesome your hair looks! OK. back to eggs, those mixes sound delicious, and adult gymnastics? Sorry it wasn’t quite what you wanted but I definitely think you can sneak into a kids class! YAY! Happy Weekend!
    Rosey Rebecca recently posted…Who is Rosey Rebecca?My Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:15 pm

Haha thank you! It always looks magical when someone else does it for you!

6. February 28, 2016 / 11:13 am

You are amazing. ๐Ÿ™‚

So stoked about your new gig- Sweat are lucky to have a rockstar heading it now!

PS- I LOVED adult gymnastics classes (or over 18 with no coordination ones ha!)- I wish I was in Chicago, I’d totally join you!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Recipes Using Greek YogurtMy Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:18 pm

You need to come visit. I will give you foods galore and cartwheels.

March 1, 2016 / 4:06 pm

Thank you! And they are, they certainly are. Let me guess, Canada doesn’t have them?

7. Rachel
    March 16, 2016 / 9:54 pm

How am I just now seeing this!? I’m so glad you liked the mixins! The med. one is my favorite. They are also delicious with hashbrowns and ground meat. Yum! ๐Ÿ™‚

March 17, 2016 / 12:03 pm