The Best Dessert I’ve Had So Far in Chicago

Hello!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend! It seems like the weather is the best lately on the weekends and saves the colder temperatures for the weekdays which is just fine by me.

One of the most exciting things I did this weekend was get my hair cut. I usually get my hair cut every 6 months or so and I felt like it was about time. If you are looking for an amazing hair cut in the city, check out Jordan at Dennis Bartolomei salon. I may actually show up more if my hair will look like this every time!

Dennis Bartolomei Salon

Saturday was a nice, easy morning where I got to enjoy some tea and eggs at home before Neil and I headed out to grab a burger at Butcher and the Burger.

Butcher and the Burger

Since the weather was so nice, we (Neil, Matt, and I) spent a lot of the day outside. We stopped into a store called Relax the Back to randomly test out chairs, but ended up spending almost a half an hour in there when we discovered giant massage chairs. These are the first chairs we tried out, but ended up spending 15 minutes and almost falling asleep to a magical massage.

Relax the Back

We also made a stop into Sweet Mandy B’s to discover this amazing creation I had found on Instagram. Say hello to eggless chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiched in between two chocolate chip cookies. It is absolutely my favorite thing so far in this city. It was incredible.

Sweet Mandy B's

Sunday I had to teach two partner classes in the morning, then met Neil for lunch. On our way back, we stopped into the Nike store so I could check out some new shoes. I’m still deciding what kind to get and was torn between another pair of my beloved Free Flyknit 4.0s and this new Free RN Distance. Thoughts?

img_7624

Honestly, the rest of the weekend was really boring. Neil did taxes and I complained and procrastinated as long as I could until I realized he wasn’t going to give up on doing mine. I even tried falling asleep to avoid him to no avail.

We watched a movie and then tuned into the Oscars where we tried to watch through the annoying technical difficulties. Did anyone else have this problem?

Today begins another busy week and I can’t believe it’s already March tomorrow. I’ll be back to see you tomorrow!

• What’s the best thing you did this weekend?
  • What’s your favorite dessert?
  • Want to go get those cookies with me?

February 29, 2016 / 5:19 pm

It just tasted like delicious cookie dough minus the egg. So prob basically butter and sugar and chocolate. MMM.

• Paula
      March 3, 2016 / 10:15 am

If you’re eating it as uncooked dough, omitting the egg from a basic cookie recipe usually suffices! The egg only makes a real difference in the actual heating and baking of the cookie.

March 3, 2016 / 4:22 pm

Oh man it was so good.

1. February 29, 2016 / 6:08 am

That dessert looks delicious! I will definitely check that out the next time I am in Chicago. Also, I love your hair and color. I wish my hair would keep a curl. Hope you don’t get the snow they are predicting for up here in Milwaukee. :/

February 29, 2016 / 5:19 pm

Yeah I think it’s supposed to snow here tomorrow but I’m not sure how much. Stay warm!

2. February 29, 2016 / 6:43 am

Sweet Mandy B’s is indeed amazing. As a runner, my 2 cents on the Flyknits versus the Distance RN– need more structure, go with the latter. The Flyknit Frees are great for bopping around, but the Distance is meant for just that: going the distance.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…A Big Easy Weekend (New Orleans Vacation Recap)My Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Basically I just want them to look cool since I’m not running all around anymore haha

3. February 29, 2016 / 7:05 am

I would totally get those cookies with you! Heck, I would do you taxes for you if you gave me a cookie 🙂 I didn’t watch the Oscars but saw on the news that Leo finally got his award. It was 50 degrees here yesterday and I had the day off. I finally remember why people like having days off! It was wonderful! Have a great week Erin! (I emailed you about the NASM certification)
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review: Finally Back to Strong Hearts!My Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:22 pm

Anytime you want to come and eat some of those cookies just let me know!

February 29, 2016 / 5:24 pm

If you’re ever out here let me know and I’ll eat them all day. I wish my hair always looks the way it does when someone else does it!

February 29, 2016 / 5:24 pm

OMG YOU MUST

4. February 29, 2016 / 12:26 pm

That cookie sandwich looks delightful! And I said this on Instagram but you look absolutely gorgeous with your new do. 🙂

I can’t believe tomorrow is March either! Love reading your weekend recap posts!
    Rosey Rebecca recently posted…Why I Needed Hip Surgery at 27 Years OldMy Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:25 pm

Thanks Rebecca!

February 29, 2016 / 5:25 pm

It was so amazing.

5. February 29, 2016 / 4:03 pm

A cookie dough cookie sandwich? My mind is officially blown. Whoa.

My taxes aren’t due until the end of April and that’s exactly when they shall be done because I am the worst (and I have to pay and like putting that off for as long as possible).
    Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted…Battling a Case of The ShouldsMy Profile

February 29, 2016 / 5:26 pm

That’s when mine would be done too if it weren’t for my eager husband. I whined and complained the whole time.

March 1, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Thanks girl! Oh man it was so amazing.

March 3, 2016 / 3:56 pm

OMG I’m not lying when I say it’s the best dessert ive had so far. And that’s saying a lot.

6. March 3, 2016 / 9:18 pm

My BFF had sweet mandy b’s as her wedding cupcakes. They were incredible!!! Last night I had the most delish macadamia nut chocolate truffle from Cooper Hawk. It was so yummy! Wish I had another one for tonight!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…March On InMy Profile

March 7, 2016 / 4:43 pm

That all sounds amazing. I need that in my life right now.