Valentine’s Day Weekend

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am still stuffed from this weekend. Let’s just lead with this. Heart-shaped deep dish pizza. Love.

Giordanos Valentines Pizza

Let’s backtrack to Saturday to see where this eating adventure started. I’ve kept up my weekly streak of five days of high-intensity workouts and two lovely weekend days of relaxing or eating or both.

I had gotten a voucher from my friend Susie for a trip to Bull and Bear, which isn’t too far from home. Saturday morning I saw a new client, then we headed to brunch around noon. I had a delicious cheese and burger biscuit. The biscuit was also made with cheese and bacon, so it was pretty delicious all around. I’m not a huge fan of runny eggs, but they make for a wonderfully decadent picture.

Bull and Bear

Neil got this PB & J stuffed French toast as well as a healthier egg skillet. The both of us couldn’t even finish it it was so sweet.

PBJ Stuffed French Toast

The highlight (although you may not be able to tell from this photo) was their house-made pop tarts. They serve one savory and one sweet. The sweet one was apple and cinnamon and the savory one had me at macaroni. There was macaroni, peppers, and some other magical ingredients that left these gone in no time.

IMG_7128

After brunch, we headed up north with our friend Matt. I made a pit stop in Peeled Juice Bar, which was the last smoothie bowl place I had to cross off my list. It was phenomenal and the cheapest of any of the ones I have been to. It all depends on where I am in the city I suppose. Yes, I had just eaten a burger biscuit, some French toast, and these pop tarts. I was sufficiently full after this.

Peeled Acai Bowl

I waddled across the street and met Neil and Matt at Starbucks where I forced them to pose with this sign. #bloglife

IMG_7145

We ran a couple more errands and then on our way home stumbled across this Cards Against Humanity exhibit in one of the historic water towers. It was a small walkthrough that explained the history of the company and was really entertaining.

IMG_7149

Then I posed by this out of order vending machine of cards so that you know I still exist.

IMG_7152

Sunday

Neil and I don’t really do anything specific for Valentine’s Day, so we had a leisurely morning, then I headed to Sweat to teach a couple classes. Sunday is normally our partner workout, so it being Valentine’s Day made it so much fun. I had a brand new, themed playlist ready to go. It was amazing.

sweat chicago valentines

Ok, I lied. Neil and I did make a fort which is probably the most romantic and adult thing people can do.

IMG_7201

I also made a beet smoothie bowl to snack on and smothered it in chocolate because, Valentines.

Valentines Smoothie Bowl

And you already saw what I had for dinner. We spent the rest of the night with movies, as per usual.

It’s back to the normal grind this week while I recover from everything I ingested. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

• What’s the best thing you did this weekend?
  • What’s the best thing you ate?
  • What should I make a smoothie bowl with next?

1. February 15, 2016 / 5:31 am

I’ve heard such good things about the homemade poptarts. I’m glad that you all were sufficiently stuffed (like a poptart). I need that CAH vending machine in my life. #goals for the week.
    I won’t be eating anything after noon today. You can guess how well that is going to go….
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…(New Hair) Triumphs and (Marathon) Trials : Weekend RecapMy Profile

February 15, 2016 / 5:52 pm

I know I’m so sorry. Maybe I could eat enough for the both of us? Would that help?

2. February 15, 2016 / 6:59 am

Homemade pop tarts are on my list of things to make. They look so good! The best thing I ate this past weekend was a homemade butterfinger. I’m really impressed with my creation. I didn’t do anything special for Valentine’s Day except eat the white chocolate cast offs that no one else seems to like. Have a good week!
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review: BRRRR!My Profile

February 15, 2016 / 5:53 pm

Homemade butterfinger?? That sounds like the best thing imaginable.

February 15, 2016 / 5:53 pm

Prob more food than I needed, but I’m a growing girl!

3. February 15, 2016 / 5:52 pm

One of my patients was talking about the heart shaped Lou’s pizza…it’s so cute!
    We went to All Chocolate Kitchen for an impromptu sweet brunch which was so fun! And did a couples workout…two highlights of the weekend for sure!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Lovely WeekendMy Profile

February 15, 2016 / 5:54 pm

That sounds great! What is this all chocolate kitchen?? I like those words together.

February 16, 2016 / 5:12 pm

That sounds amazing.

4. February 16, 2016 / 3:36 pm

Love the Valentine’s Day fort. All of your weekend eats look ridiculously delicious. I love going for brunch so much that we’re having a brunch reception at our wedding. Forget about a fancy dinner with a champagne toast, we’re having a omelet bar and mimosas.

Glad you had a fun weekend!
    Rosey Rebecca recently posted…Let Them Eat CakeMy Profile

February 16, 2016 / 5:16 pm

That sounds like an amazing idea. We had a giant buffet with everything you could imagine and people could eat all night BC we wanted to do away with all the formalities!

February 17, 2016 / 4:18 pm

I hadn’t had it in months either. It was just as delicious as I remember.

February 18, 2016 / 9:15 pm

Right?? It was the most fun time of the weekend. Then Neil wanted to expand to the living room and worry about physics and things and I was like ok let’s calm down for a second.

5. February 18, 2016 / 5:05 pm

I should probably just start skipping your weekend posts since I don’t have enough monies for airfare to Chicago and all the food makes me crazy jealous because it looks so flipping AMAZEBALLS.
    Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted…Soul SistersMy Profile

February 18, 2016 / 9:22 pm

Haha well it’s not stopping anytime soon so you’ll just have to be prepared.

6. February 19, 2016 / 5:56 am

You guys made a fort together?! So. Cute. I love me a homemade pop tart; the last time I had one was at Ted’s Bulletin. I was sick over Vday weekend, so we pretty much relaxed the entire time 🙂
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Copycat Asian Chicken Lettuce WrapsMy Profile

February 21, 2016 / 8:03 pm

Oh yeah I remember the one I had from there too. So good!