Five Things Friday #77

It’s Friday!

Ok, I only have the weekend and then three more days before I am off to Malibu and Santa Monica for a week. I haven’t been on a vacation of this length in AWHILE, so I’m really looking forward to it. The days leading up to it are definitely going to be busy, but I’m going to try and relax while I am out in sunny CA. I’m pretty familiar with Santa Monica since I’ve been out there a lot, but I’m always open to food recommendations and anything else you think I should do while I’m in either place!

To kick off the weekend, here are my five favorite things from the week!

1. GT’s Sharing Gratitude Kombucha

I had seen this all over social media, but we didn’t get it in the stores here in Chicago until recently. I buy the Gingerade flavor by the case (and then force other people to carry it home for me mwahaha), but I also picked up one of these the other day as well.

I love the design and I love the flavor. It definitely tastes earthier with a combination of turmeric, carrot, and ginger, but it’s also so refreshing. Just drinking it makes me feel healthier. The next time I go to Whole Foods I may mix and match my case.

New Kombucha

2. CoSchedule

*referral link

I’ve been using CoSchedule for many months now, but it makes the list this week for two reasons:

1. It is now integrated with Pinterest so you can schedule all your social media in one place
  2. I’ve been using it to manage the social media for Sweat

I think the Pinterest integration is great, but because it wasn’t available until now, I’ve been using Tailwind to schedule my pins for a couple months. I also paid up front for a year subscription, so I’ll have to see what I decide to do when that runs out.

I love that I can add as many social media accounts as I want and work on scheduling everything in one place. It has made my work at Sweat much easier and I have my blog posts and Sweat posts all in one place.

Related: CoSchedule Review

CoSchedule-Blog-Editorial-Calendar-ogimage-1200x630

(source)

3. Resistance Bands

*affiliate link

I’ve been using a lot more resistance bands with my training clients, both these smaller ones and the long tube bands. I especially like these smaller ones because they are amazing at isolating my glutes. My legs are pretty quad-dominant, so really isolating my behind can get a little tricky. These definitely do the trick and take the legs out of it. Burn, baby, burn!

Phantom Fit Resistance Bands

4. Therapy Cable Interview

One of the interviews I mentioned the other week went up a couple days ago, so I figured I would share it on here. My part starts at 14:45. You can watch it here!

Sidenote: The interview was mainly about fitness, which I didn’t realize going into it. I knew they covered a lot of topics, but since it was a psychology show, I figured the segment might have to do with my story and addiction. The questions were about specific fitness topics and I had to scramble to change my mindset about what we were talking about. So don’t mind me flailing around on camera trying to show movements in this tiny window. Smooth.

therapy cable

5. Life right now

This sounds so cheesy, but honestly one of the biggest things I’m loving this week is my life. 2016 has already started off on a FAR better note than 2015 did, and I am just really excited about all the opportunities and advancements I’ve made. I’m finally feeling comfortable as a trainer, and negotiating my worth to achieve the social media job at Sweat made me feel more confident and realize how much I’ve grown since starting this blog.

I feel like the pieces are coming together and that the gut feeling I had when we were deciding whether to move here or not was spot on. Neil asked me if I thought moving to Chicago was a good idea and although I had no basis for it, I told him that in my gut I felt like great things would happen if we did. Thankfully after such a rough year last year, it looks like that may actually be the case.

I hope you guys have a GREAT weekend and I look forward to catching up with you on Monday!

• What are some of your favorite things from this week?
  • What are you doing this weekend?
  • What are you eating??

March 11, 2016 / 11:22 am

Me too. It just came out this week but i haven’t had time to play w it

1. March 11, 2016 / 5:29 am

You know that I say this from the heart: I really am so happy for you. You have worked so hard, for so long, at all aspects of your life, and it is about damn time that things worked out. Just don’t forget little me when you become a huge Insta food account or become the new Dr. Phil, mkay?
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Friday Favorites from My First Week At Anytime Fitness!My Profile

March 11, 2016 / 11:23 am

Thanks boo boo. And hahaha don’t worry I don’t think it’ll get to that level!

2. Melanie
    March 11, 2016 / 7:29 am

I think your move to Chicago was a great one for you both, although I hate the distance. You have definitely come a long way during your journey, and I can see the changes as I read your blog. You deserve nothing but happiness after all that you’ve been through – I’m proud of you!! xoxo

March 11, 2016 / 11:23 am

Thanks mom!!

3. Ashley
    March 11, 2016 / 7:33 am

So glad to hear that things are looking up! Going with your gut is always the way to go. Have a great weekend and wonderful vacation!

March 11, 2016 / 11:23 am

Thanks Ashley!

March 11, 2016 / 11:23 am

I know I can’t wait!!

March 11, 2016 / 11:23 am

OMG the best!

4. March 11, 2016 / 9:14 am

First and foremost, I am SO glad to hear you’re feeling better and that you’re in a better place than you were. Incredibly happy to hear that. And I’m so glad to hear you had a wonderful, successful week! I’m going to have to keep my eye out for that kombucha. Love GT’s! I hope you have an amazing, relaxing week in Cali!
    Beth recently posted…Friday Favorites #70 + Weekly UpdateMy Profile

March 11, 2016 / 11:24 am

It’s a really cool flavor I like it! We need to see each other again soon!

5. March 11, 2016 / 9:21 am

I haven’t seen that kombucha yet in stores here but it looks delicious! I love the gingeraid, too.
    #5 made me smile. Hooray for trusting your gut. As much as I love my hometown and being near family (life savers when we need help with the babe), I sometimes wish I could just move across the country for a completely new opportunity. But then I remind myself that you can find happiness and fulfillment ANYwhere if you adjust your mindset. 🙂
    Catherine @ foodiecology recently posted…Leprechaun BaitMy Profile

March 11, 2016 / 11:25 am

Omg I love that. You’re totally right!

6. March 11, 2016 / 10:40 am

Hmmm i’ve been thinking about co-schedule, but i’m also probably going to sign up with Tailwind once i’ve finished my free trial. Do you know if co-schedule has the same features/ease as Tailwind?
    Hope you have an awesome vacay Erin!
    Beverley @ sweaty&fit recently posted…Weekly Workout Wrap Up + Pushing Past PlateausMy Profile

March 11, 2016 / 11:25 am

I need to actually look into it since it was just released this week so I’m not sure yet how alike or different they are. I’ll report back!

7. March 11, 2016 / 10:51 am

I NEED TO FIND THAT KOMBUCHA!
    I also love the Gingerade and always have some in my fridge!

I’m so glad you’re kicking butt in 2016! Feeling link things are coming together is such an awesome feeling.

March 11, 2016 / 11:26 am

It’s so magical! Hope you have a good weekend Ange!

8. March 11, 2016 / 2:06 pm

that’s it, i’m coming to visit! save me a bottle! k? I love that it has turmeric. earth for sure!

March 12, 2016 / 7:44 am

Just let me know where and when and I got you 🙂

9. March 11, 2016 / 6:17 pm

That kombucha looks great and I love the packaging. I’ll have to look out for it.
    I used Buffer for scheduling social media updates but I may have to look into CoSchedule since I keep hearing such good things about it. I’ve never thought about scheduling Pinterest posts. I usually go through phases where I go on an all-out pinning spree and pin 5 million things all at once. What’s the benefit of scheduling pins?
    I LOVE resistance bands. I use them for a lot of my hip strengthening exercises. They’re part of what helped heal my hip after surgery.
    I tried to watch your interview but Youtube is being ridiculous on my end right now so I’ll try to watch it over the weekend. Excited to see it!
    Finally, I’m glad you’re having such a good year so far. I feel the same about our move to Asheville. 🙂
    Rosey Rebecca recently posted…Hashtag: Send Rebecca MugsMy Profile

March 12, 2016 / 7:46 am

Scheduling pins helps spread them out over the day so that you have a higher likelihood of your content being seen for a longer period of time. It also just saves time and automates the process so you spend a couple mins scheduling and then don’t have to worry about it the rest of the day!

March 12, 2016 / 7:48 am

I know! I need to get more in my life.

10. March 11, 2016 / 11:13 pm

Where did you move from when you moved to Chicago? Totally just curious. Chicago feels so far away from me. All I know about the place is that it’s windy and that Oprah did her show there. I feel like the PNW is my little bubble of reality.
    Suzy recently posted…“Spray” PaintMy Profile

March 12, 2016 / 7:48 am

I grew up in MD, then lived in VA, then moved here. I need to get back to the PNW my brother is out there and it’s so nice!

• March 12, 2016 / 10:05 am

Oh okay! And yes, you should! Although California is pretty close and a lot warmer. 🙂
        Suzy recently posted…“Spray” PaintMy Profile

• March 12, 2016 / 5:54 pm

Where in VA? I just moved to Asheville from Nova!

March 12, 2016 / 7:34 pm