Five Things Friday #79

I’m so confused about what day it is. The good news is that it’s almost the weekend and even though I have to teach a couple hours on Saturday, I’m more than happy to relax some more at home after my vacation.

I don’t have any plans for this weekend (aside from aforementioned teaching), so I’ll probably spend it watching season two of Daredevil on Netflix and acclimating to the time change. I definitely loved my time in CA, but it’s always nice to come home. I also didn’t mind the cold rain when I got back which is weird. Maybe I belong here in Chicago.

To wrap up the week, here are some of the things I’m loving!

1. Nike Flex Supreme TR3 Training

I got a new pair of Nike’s from, you guessed it, Mercari. I think my Free Flyknit 4.0s were the culprit of my knee issue (which seems 99% resolved), so I wanted to grab another pair for my workouts.

Silly me was too excited to get new shoes that I didn’t really research these like I should and when they came I realized they were training shoes. That means that there still isn’t a huge amount of support, but they do feel sturdier than my other ones. Guess I’ll be on the lookout for another pair again so I don’t break my knee.

Nike Flex Supreme TR3 Training

2. King Arthur Flour

My mom got me a gift card to King Arthur Flour, oh, 3 years ago? Every time I went to order something I got overwhelmed and said I would come back to it later. Well, 3 years later I finally placed an order. They have the best scones in a million flavors, but I went with the lemon blueberry. I’ve also had my eye on some espresso powder for years (literally), so I grabbed that as well as some flavored sugars. There’s also some chai spice that’s coming separately.

King Arthur Flour

3. This Ring

When I met Arman at The Grove this week there was a tiny stand selling tiny jewelry. I’ve loved small, delicate rings and necklaces for awhile now, but since I don’t wear a lot of jewelry, I haven’t bought anything. I loved all the rings at this stand and wanted them all, but settled on this one. The diagonal part is raised and it’s a really cool design. Now I can be a girl sometimes.

Update: I finally remembered the name of the stand, which is Very Tiny Bling Little Things. They also have a website which makes this even more dangerous!

Ring

Ring 2

4. Havaianas

Havaianas are the best flip flops I’ve ever owned. I got my first pair in Brazil (where they’re from) almost 10 years ago, but after I lost them I settled on ones from Old Navy and Target. They were fine, but you definitely get what you pay for. Both pairs of black flip flops developed a hole in the left heel but I continued wearing them.

Neil’s cousin had a pair of these on our trip and she told me that they are selling them at Bed Bath and Beyond. Using one of their ubiquitous 20% coupons, I got these for $20! They last such a long time and Neil even has a pair that he got on our honeymoon from years ago.

Note: Apparently you can get them for cheaper on Amazon. (affiliate link)

Havainas

5. Arman’s Granola

I mentioned it briefly in yesterday’s post, but this granola from Arman at The Big Man’s World is seriously off the chain. There’s so many ingredients and they all come together in either a peanut butter or chocolate masterpiece. I had to leave some with Neil’s family in CA or else I would have eaten all of it on the plane.

Big Man's World Granola

That’s all I’ve got for you this week, but I’ll be back on Monday with a weekend recap (maybe some foods??) and a more consistent posting schedule now that I’m back.

Also, I’m pretty pumped that my bio is now up on the Mental Health Marketing Conference website. It’s all so official.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and a great Easter if you are celebrating!

• What are some things you are loving this week?
  • Have any Nike shoe recommendations?

1. March 25, 2016 / 5:42 am

How great are the delicate rings that are going around right now? I like that one, but you know I would get it caught on everything. Those Nikes are pretty, but yeah, don’t break yo’sef gurl. One day I will see you again. one day.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Five Netflix Streaming Shows To WatchMy Profile

March 25, 2016 / 7:33 am

I wore it for a couple days and surprisingly it wasn’t too bad. Yeah, I’m going to try these out to see how they work but no more mile timed runs without better shoes!

March 25, 2016 / 7:34 am

Fresh baked bread and treats?! Jealous!

March 25, 2016 / 7:34 am

I can’t wait to play around with it! It’s the one thing I knew I wanted but couldn’t make up my mind about other stuff.

2. March 25, 2016 / 7:56 am

I have been looking for a ring just like that! I am not a big ring person, obviously if I ever get engaged it better be a huge diamond. But until then I would like to wear something small and delicate 😉
    Sana recently posted…Instagram InspirationMy Profile

March 27, 2016 / 9:11 pm

Right?? There were so many I wanted!

March 27, 2016 / 9:12 pm

I had to give some away or I would have!

3. March 25, 2016 / 9:11 am

Oh wow, I would love to make some granola now. 🙂 And you’re making me want to wear flip-flops, even though there’s snow outside today.
    Emily recently posted…Brussels: Light in the DarknessMy Profile

March 27, 2016 / 9:12 pm

Before I moved to Chicago I wore them year round!

March 27, 2016 / 9:13 pm

Thank you! I wish I had gotten more!

March 27, 2016 / 9:13 pm

Lucky! Today was in the 60s but it’s going to drop back down this week 🙁

4. Melanie
    March 25, 2016 / 10:05 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of KAF – glad to know the gift card didn’t expire! 😉 I really like their scone mixes too – you picked a good one! Their website has a great recipe for chocolate frosting that uses the espresso powder – it’s one of my go-to recipes. Pinky loves the Best of Breed dog biscuits when I make them – I sent some home with Jackie last week. Looking at the picture you posted, I realize that I have 3 of the 4 items – great minds… Now it’s my turn to go shopping with the gift card you sent me!

March 27, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Thanks again! I need to stock up on some more of those scones!

5. March 25, 2016 / 10:50 am

That ring is beautiful! I just love thin, delicate jewelry. Buying espresso powder has been on my mind to get, but always forget when I am at the store. I would never think King Arthur would make some. Good to know!
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Friday Favorites! 3/25My Profile

March 27, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Thank you! I wanted to buy them all!

6. March 25, 2016 / 2:16 pm

YUM! That granola looks amazing!! And I love that ring!! I want one! So cute! Also, I love your Nike sneakers! SO nice! Hope that you have a great long weekend!
    xoxo Cailee!
    Cailee recently posted…Hello Healthy Cauliflower!My Profile

March 27, 2016 / 9:15 pm

Thanks cailee! I want like 5 more of those rings haha

March 27, 2016 / 9:18 pm

Oh yeah I’ve heard them called that but I hate it haha.

7. March 25, 2016 / 5:32 pm

I’m a huge fan of delicate jewelry and that ring is gorgeous! I’d love to know what you think of the flavored sugars – King Arthur Flour is awesome. Aaand just like everything Arman makes, that granola looks perfect. Have a lovely weekend, and hopefully it’s full of rest 🙂
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Five Friday Favorites 03/25/16My Profile

March 27, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I have to try those sugars still but I’ll be sure to report back!

March 27, 2016 / 9:19 pm

Oh nice I’ll have to check there out too!