More Weekend Food Adventures

I only have three photos from this weekend and they are all of food. Whoops.

I spent Friday night teaching three classes, then woke up early on Saturday to take class at Sweat before teaching three more in a row. Nothing like making up for time off. By the time I finished teaching, it was 1 pm and I was starving.

Neil and I headed to Wrigleyville to hit up a place that has been on my list for awhile — Rockit Burger Bar. What put it on my list? That would be their Mac and Cheese Attack Burger.

Rockit Burger Bar

It’s a burger sandwiched between two fried mac and cheese “buns.” It was crazy (and delicious). Please note that this is only half of the burger.

Neil got their triple burger which I also needed to make sure and photograph.

Rockit Burger Bar 2

It wasn’t terribly crowded and there were also a number of other burgers on the menu that I wanted to try, so I’m sure this location will be making another appearance in the future.

Once we finished burgers, we headed home and spent the rest of the night watching Daredevil on Netflix.

Sunday I finally slept in. No alarms, no anything. Ever since getting back on Wednesday night, I’ve been up before sunrise for work. I wound up taking a two hour nap on Friday and could have slept longer if I didn’t have to get to work. I slept for about 10 hours and finally feel like I’m caught up on sleep and back on the ball.

We didn’t do anything for Easter except for me sending Neil videos of funny bunny compilations and texting embarrassing childhood photos with my brother and sister. OH and planning where to go on our tropical vacation when I’m finally released from my five years of probation this May.

The rest of Sunday was pretty uneventful, except for these magical lemon blueberry scones I made from my King Arthur Flour purchase last week. I forgot how amazing they are. I think I may stock up on some to keep on hand in case I need to bring a dish somewhere or ever have anyone over.

King Arthur Flour Lemon Blueberry Scones

Neil and I went grocery shopping, did laundry, some spring cleaning, and then of course finished off the entire second season of Daredevil while I finished off somewhere in the ballpark of 3-4 scones. I’m bringing the rest to work. I can’t be trusted.

As weird as it sounds, I’m actually looking forward to another full week. Even amidst all the training and teaching, I still look forward to carving out time to write this blog and communicate with all you fine folks every day the most.

I hope you had a great weekend!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s the best thing you ate?
  • Want some extra scones?

1. Lexie
    March 28, 2016 / 5:29 am

I saw the movie “The Wave” which is insanely great. Best action movie I have ever seen. Those burgers are fantastic. Have a great week.

March 28, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Oh I need to check that out! I’m always in the mood for action movies for some reason.

2. March 28, 2016 / 6:07 am

I worked and tried not to freak out over my back. I’ve only had cottage cheese, whole foods, and subway to eat for the past week, essentially. And, as you will find out, our building is a POS and complicated matters even more by breaking down. So the shambles that is my life continues.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…A Speedbump on the Autobahn (Weekend Recap)My Profile

March 28, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Girl I hope your back is ok. Keep me updated!

• April 5, 2016 / 6:06 am

poor suzie!! wish I could come help solve these shambles in your life! i’d bring you booze. kidding. kinda.

um erin.. can I come visit so we can go to Rockit burger? HOLY MOLY!

April 5, 2016 / 11:58 pm

Yes! I’ll take you to all the awful (delicious) foods!

March 28, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Naps on naps on naps. I like the sound of that. Hope you feel better soon!

3. Toria
    March 28, 2016 / 8:07 am

The best thing I ate this weekend was pineapple! I tossed it with some coconut oil and cinnamon and grilled it as a side dish with steak.

If you ever get a chance to go to the King Arthur store in Vermont, it is AWESOME!

Love your blog 🙂

March 28, 2016 / 8:45 pm

OMG that pineapple sounds amazing. It’s one of my favorite foods! I keep hearing great things about the store. I need to get there sometime!

March 28, 2016 / 8:46 pm

I hadn’t either. It was awesome!

4. March 28, 2016 / 9:23 am

I went to Chicago q for brunch yesterday and had pulled pork eggs Benedict on top of fried green tomatoes and killer peanut butter & caramel pie, so I’d say those were the best things I ate this weekend 🙂 And now I think I need to go to Rockit sometime because the entire menu looks amazing.
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Brunch at Chicago qMy Profile

March 28, 2016 / 8:47 pm

Omg that sounds amazing. Now you sound like me! Yeah I definitely want to go back to try some of their other burgers too.

5. March 28, 2016 / 10:01 am

holy crap is that burger place for real?! booking a flight now! Honestly though, that mac and cheese one has my name all over it. Talk about comfort food
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Friday Favorites! 3/25My Profile

March 28, 2016 / 8:47 pm

Right?? It was like the best of both worlds.

March 28, 2016 / 8:47 pm

Haha yeah I definitely had a light dinner.

6. Mudita
    March 28, 2016 / 11:02 am

Of course I want some extra scones!! You have to ask??!! 🙂

we cleaned up around the house, ate beef tacos, and sent the kids to chicago!

March 28, 2016 / 8:48 pm

Yay kids! Come get some extra ones!

7. March 28, 2016 / 11:55 am

Hi!

I’m new here – really enjoying learning/reading about your life so far. 🙂

That mac & cheese burger? OMG. I once had a burger with grilled cheese sandwiches at the buns. I still think about it regularly. Almost daily. I miss it!
    Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted…What My Perfect Day Looks Like + Weekend FunMy Profile

March 28, 2016 / 8:49 pm

Thanks for reading Jo! Omg that burger sounds even better than the one I had. I also had a Mac and cheese grilled cheese which was out of control.

March 28, 2016 / 8:49 pm

Isn’t it??

8. March 28, 2016 / 5:33 pm

Your weekend food posts are totally my favourite. I love them – and I need that burger.
    Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted…Link Love 3/26My Profile

March 28, 2016 / 8:49 pm

Come and get it!

9. March 28, 2016 / 7:37 pm

wow—now THAT is a burger! did you polish that off?! very impressive! haha looks so delicious!How do you like Daredevil? I cant seem to get in to it!
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…Easter Weekend 2016My Profile

March 28, 2016 / 8:51 pm

I most certainly did. Then had a super light dinner haha. I was stuffed.

Some parts of Daredevil can be a little cheesy like the dialogue but overall I liked it. This season was darker than last which I liked too.

10. March 29, 2016 / 12:27 pm

I agree with Ange– love your weekend recap posts! That mac&cheese burger looks legit. Really impressive that all your photos come from your iPhone! They always look so great! <3
    Rosey Rebecca recently posted…Dresses & Drinks: A Weekend RecapMy Profile

March 31, 2016 / 7:39 pm

I make sure to edit them with VSCO and it makes a huge difference!

April 4, 2016 / 8:03 am

Yeah man. It was out of control.