PB & J Smoothie Bowl

You guys, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted a recipe on here.

You know that I’m not one for long and complicated recipes (unless it’s cheesecake which I would spend all hours of the day making), so I was thinking about posting more quick and easy recipes for you guys. Thoughts?

Smoothie bowls have been my fun science experiment for awhile now and I love finding new combinations. For a couple weeks I was making all kinds of obscure flavors until one day it dawned on me that I hadn’t made one of the simplest and most delicious combinations of all time…peanut butter and jelly.

Sometimes it’s all about simplicity.

PBJ smoothie bowl

I literally came up with this idea and had it sitting in front of me in about 5 minutes. It’s SUPER simple and only has three ingredients! You need this in your life right now.

I made my version with mixed berries, but you just as easily substitute whatever berries you desire. I think this would be pretty amazing with frozen strawberries since I am one of those weirdos who hates grape jelly. Anyone else?

If you’re as equally obsessed with smoothie bowls as I am, make sure to check out my post on the steps to a perfect smoothie bowl. Enjoy!

PB & J Smoothie Bowl

• 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1/2 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
  • 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter
  • TOPPINGS
  1. Combine all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Add desired toppings. I made this peanut butter drizzle by microwaving 1-2 Tbsp of peanut butter for about 15-20 seconds, then just drizzling over the top. It seriously made this bowl.

Super fast and super healthy  PB & J Smoothie Bowl full of nutrients and amazing flavor! Satisfy your sweet tooth in 5 minutes!

• What other simple combos am I overlooking?
  • Do you want to see more recipes like these on the blog?

1. April 27, 2016 / 7:38 am

I’m all about delicious and quick recipes too! I actually love grape jelly most and dont like other jelly that much! I also like honey and cinnamon added to smoothie bowls! So delicious!
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…5 Things I’ve Learned BloggingMy Profile

April 28, 2016 / 6:55 pm

Ooh that sounds delicious. I need to add some of that too!

April 28, 2016 / 6:55 pm

That sounds great too. Ok good I’ll add some more to the lineup!

2. Paula
    April 27, 2016 / 10:06 am

Whenever I use mixed berries in smoothies, I feel like my smoothie winds up all seed-y. Is that just me? Regardless, I would definitely make this with strawberries and happily stuff my face.

April 28, 2016 / 6:56 pm

If I blend it for a long time it minimizes the seediness but I know what you’re talking about. Try it with strawberries!!

April 28, 2016 / 6:57 pm

Thank you! It’s really quick and delicious!

3. April 27, 2016 / 3:01 pm

Quick + delicious recipes are the best kind. I grew up with strawberry jelly and I’ve never understood the crazies who like grape better. I’ll take pretty much any other flavor, though! And a peanut butter drizzle can “make” anything, in my humble opinion 😉
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…I’m Just Really GratefulMy Profile

April 28, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Agreed. I think my favorite is smuckers cherry jelly which not all stores carry!

4. April 27, 2016 / 3:24 pm

Wow this looks soo good! I haven’t had a smoothie in seriously forever, I think it’s time to change that 😉
    Sarah recently posted…We’re All WeirdMy Profile

April 28, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Most definitely!

5. April 27, 2016 / 5:14 pm

When I was a kid I hated jelly. My mom made me PB and Honey sandwiches, also a great combo! Now I love fresh berries and PB though. Funny how our palettes change.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Breakfast Power OatmealMy Profile

April 28, 2016 / 6:59 pm

Ooh that sounds delicious too. I’ve never had one of those! That needs to be remedied.

May 3, 2016 / 8:23 pm