You guys, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted a recipe on here.
You know that I’m not one for long and complicated recipes (unless it’s cheesecake which I would spend all hours of the day making), so I was thinking about posting more quick and easy recipes for you guys. Thoughts?
Smoothie bowls have been my fun science experiment for awhile now and I love finding new combinations. For a couple weeks I was making all kinds of obscure flavors until one day it dawned on me that I hadn’t made one of the simplest and most delicious combinations of all time…peanut butter and jelly.
Sometimes it’s all about simplicity.
I literally came up with this idea and had it sitting in front of me in about 5 minutes. It’s SUPER simple and only has three ingredients! You need this in your life right now.
I made my version with mixed berries, but you just as easily substitute whatever berries you desire. I think this would be pretty amazing with frozen strawberries since I am one of those weirdos who hates grape jelly. Anyone else?
If you’re as equally obsessed with smoothie bowls as I am, make sure to check out my post on the steps to a perfect smoothie bowl. Enjoy!
PB & J Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add desired toppings. I made this peanut butter drizzle by microwaving 1-2 Tbsp of peanut butter for about 15-20 seconds, then just drizzling over the top. It seriously made this bowl.
- What other simple combos am I overlooking?
- Do you want to see more recipes like these on the blog?