Five Things Friday #85

HAPPY FRIDAY!

How has your week been? Mine’s been pretty crazy busy, but a good busy as I try and get ahead of some things. PLAN PLAN PLAN.

This weekend is relatively relaxed, although I may spend some time working on my presentation for next week. Let’s be real though, I’ll probably nap. Let’s take a look at some of my favorite things from this week!

1. Nike Free Transform Flyknit

I mentioned these shoes in Monday’s post, but I didn’t have a chance to wear them and check them out until this week. These specific shoes are part of Nike’s training line, which is formulated specifically for HIIT and conditioning workouts. They have more built-in stability around the front of the show which allows for more support when doing explosive, lateral, or 360 degree movements.

They felt a little stiff when I first put them on, but I didn’t even realize I was wearing them during my workout. I wasn’t able to get home the first day until many hours later, and they were super comfortable the entire time I ran around the city.

Nike Freeform Flyknit

2. Sandwiches

You may have noticed on Instagram, but I’ve been getting a lot of sandwiches lately. For awhile I’ve been on a bowl kick and just buy things that are all mixed together and thrown in a bowl. This past week especially I’ve been gravitating towards delicious sandwiches and even put cucumbers on them of my own volition. Who am I?

This Italian sandwich I got at Spoken Cafe the other day was literally one of the best Italian sandwiches of my life.

Spoken Cafe Sandwich Ravenswood

3. Pineapple

I used to buy a whole pineapple every week when we lived in VA, but this is the first time I’ve bought one since being in Chicago! I’m always so lazy and don’t want to cut it, but I have to remind myself that it takes literally less than 5 minutes and then I’m stocked up on amazing pineapple.

I still let it sit on the counter for 4 days, but I finally cut it!

Pineapple

4. Don’t Trust The B—- In Apartment 23

Neil and I watch a lot of shows and movies. We tried out this one on Netflix a couple weeks ago and were surprised at how much we liked it. It’s a comedy, but there’s intelligent humor which is one of my requirements in a comedy show. What I didn’t realize is that this is actually an old show and was only on for two seasons before it was cancelled.

The other amazing thing? James Van Der Beek is in it and if anyone else was as neurotically obsessed with Dawson’s Creek as I was, then that automatically makes this show great. Even better? He plays himself, actor James Van Der Beek.

It’s gaining more popularity recently with it’s addition to Netflix and reviewers have speculated (bc I research shows online ha) that it was cancelled because it didn’t have the right home on ABC. Also a note that for some reasons episodes were aired out of order (also not a great decision), so if you’re looking for continuity, here is the actual list of how the episodes were supposed to air.

donttrustthebinapartment23cast

(source)

5. Last Probation Reporting

I probably should have taken a picture or something, but with my luck they would have confiscated my phone, thrown me in jail, and lashed me. Yesterday was my LAST DAY REPORTING TO PROBATION.

My five years isn’t technically up until next Tuesday (so no arrests until then), but yesterday marked the last time that I have to take time from my schedule to show up, prove that I’m not pillaging the town, pay them money, and leave. I’m planning on writing a longer post about what I’ve learned in these five years next week, but I wanted to throw this in as DEFINITELY one of the highlights!

Because it feels weird to not have a picture, here’s a random one from absurd texting times with my sister. YAY NO MORE PROBATION VISITS!

1325

That’s all I’ve got for this week! Make sure to let me know some of your favorites in the comments and I hope you have a great weekend!

• What are you doing this weekend?
  • What’s one of your favorite things from this week?

May 7, 2016 / 8:26 am

Well allllmost free. Tuesday!

May 7, 2016 / 6:01 pm

Haha I love them so far!

1. Lexie
    May 6, 2016 / 6:48 am

FREEDOM!!!!!!!Yeah you go girl!!!!!!!,Well done.
    Love the shoes.
    My love this week was after my depression creeped in I was able to stand up to it even with a knee injury that kept me in all week .

May 7, 2016 / 6:01 pm

Oh YES! That’s a tough thing to do and I’m glad you got through it!!

May 7, 2016 / 6:02 pm

Yeah they’re super comfy!

May 7, 2016 / 6:02 pm

Thanks Jess!

May 7, 2016 / 6:02 pm

I do it but really it takes like less than 5 mins it always seems so daunting haha

2. May 6, 2016 / 8:09 am

I always go for a sandwich if I have the option – that one looks amazing! And YES to no probation! I remember when my stepdad was off probation it was SUCH a relief! I’m sure your bank account will also appreciate ti.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Friday Favorites #51My Profile

May 7, 2016 / 6:03 pm

Oh most definitely. I just paid up the balance and cringed a little as I handed it over.

3. May 6, 2016 / 8:10 am

Woah, girl congratulations on the end of 5 years!!! And, your sandwiches kind of always make me want a sandwich. You need to teach how to stack a sandwich.

May 7, 2016 / 6:03 pm

Luckily I haven’t dropped one yet (knock on wood)

4. May 6, 2016 / 8:21 am

Congrats girl!! And that sandwich looks like I want to eat 5 of them. Is it lunchtime yet?

May 7, 2016 / 6:55 pm

Oh man I wish it was all the time!

5. May 6, 2016 / 8:37 am

Great list here, Erin. Next week you can pillage the town! Hooray. πŸ™‚ I’ll cut the pineapple if you take pics of your antics. πŸ™‚ I look forward to reading your follow-up post on what you’ve learned in these 5 years. I’m sure it’ll be a good one!

May 7, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Thanks Rica! Now I have to figure out all my thoughts on it…

6. May 6, 2016 / 11:15 am

Pineapple is the absolute best. It’s so addicting! Actually, one of my favorite moments of the week was cruising down a mountainous road (with a cute boy in the passenger seat)… windows down, sunshine on our faces, music blasting & snacking on fresh pineapple and strawberries. πŸ™‚
    Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted…May Goals + Fitness FridayMy Profile

May 7, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Oh man that sounds so dreamy!

May 7, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Oh man you can eat all my watermelon. I have a weird thing about melons and don’t like any of them!

7. May 6, 2016 / 6:23 pm

Why is it that all my favorite fruits make life difficult? Pineapples, mangos, etc. Congrats on that new freedom!

xo,
    Rachel
    @wayfaringrachel // wayfaringrachel.com

May 7, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Thanks Rachel! I know. It’s like they make you work for their deliciousness. Unacceptable.

8. May 6, 2016 / 6:32 pm

You are so evil. The best sandwich was in my presence (Albeit, overpriced).

THAT SHOW! When I first saw the picture, I was like….didn’t it get axed?! Hopefully, they will see the popularity and spawn it into another season. Also crossing fingers that happens to the OC and season 4 gets thrown in the forgotten parts of our brains and they can continue on.

Also yay Tuesday πŸ˜€
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Flourless Cinnamon Bun Breakfast DoughnutsMy Profile

May 7, 2016 / 7:00 pm

Haha OMG yes the OC

9. May 6, 2016 / 9:06 pm

Nothing beats fresh pineapple…especially when your husband is always the one to cut it πŸ˜‰ I lived off pineapple when I was pregnant and still love it.
    Congrats on your last probation hearing! I know you must be feeling ALL the emotions! I look forward to reading your reflection post.
    Catherine @ foodiecology recently posted…15 Unique Avocado Recipes (That Aren’t Guac)My Profile

May 7, 2016 / 7:01 pm

I know! I need to buy it more.

10. May 7, 2016 / 9:39 am

A huge “yes” to fresh pineapple. I’m usually too lazy to cut it, but when I talk myself into it, it’s always a good decision.

And YAY for Tuesday!!! I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these five years.
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Five Friday Favorites 05/06/16My Profile

May 7, 2016 / 7:01 pm

It’s funny bc it literally takes less than 5 minutes but I always stare at it like it’ll take FOREVER.