Five Things Friday #93

Happy Friday!

I sat down at my computer multiple times yesterday to write out a post for thinking out loud, but for the life of me I wasn’t feeling any particular topic and forcing myself to write one of the ones from my running list felt too contrived. So I skipped it. That rarely happens, but I think sometimes my brain just needs a break, you know?

Also, here’s a completely random thought, but since I haven’t been able to work out, I’ve lost all ability to know when to take a shower. I work out pretty regularly and then it’s assumed that I go home, shower, and continue my day. Now that I don’t have that, I have to consciously think about when to clean myself. HA. I think it’s time for one today? WHO KNOWS????

Anyhoo, let’s take a look at what I’ve been loving this week. πŸ™‚

1. Larabar Bites

I found these in Target the other day when I was stocking up on chocolate chip cookie dough LUNA bars and the PB&J flavor of This Bar Saves Lives. Double chocolate brownie? Yes please. It’s a small bag and I would have eaten them all except I fell asleep on the couch. Don’t worry, I finished them the next day.

I heard a pro tip from a friend that if you put them in the freezer they’re even better. Guess I have to go buy some more.

Larabar bites

2. Basil

My plant is not quite ready to pillage yet, so I bought a bunch of basil this week to add to my smoothies. It’s always been a favorite addition to smoothies in the summer and I’m glad to have it back in my life.

Basil

3. The Passion Conversation

*affiliate link

I was given this book when I spoke at the Mental Health Marketing conference in May, but I’m just now getting around to reading it. It’s a pretty quick read filled with anecdotes and case studies supporting the importance of word of mouth marketing.

I like this book because it focus on human connections rather than dry data points. It talks about our relationships with each other, the products, and businesses as a whole. It emphasizes the importance of humanizing ourselves to market to others, which is something I’ve always loved and respected from companies.

The Passion Conversation

4. TJs Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I bought these on a whim this week and they’re pretty good. They’re no Tollhouse, but I still approve. Also, they don’t taste as good raw, but you’re not supposed to eat them that way anyway so let’s just forget I said that.

Sidenote: Here’s another reason you can’t eat cookie dough raw. TRY AND STOP ME.

Trader Joe's Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies

5. Trifactive

I had my first appointment at Trifactive, a sports injury clinic, on Wednesday. The good news is that it does seem to be a muscle strain in my back and nothing incredibly serious. The bad news is that it’s taking forever to heal.

Their method includes three components: joint activation, muscle therapy, and therapeutic exercise. I will actually be going three times a week for a month in order to work on some muscle imbalances we found and to work on correcting some other issues such as breathing patterns that could inhibit my performance.

I’m looking forward to it because not only will it help me, but it gives me a chance to learn more in order to help my clients and classes. I’m also glad I committed to it because I know myself and I know that I wouldn’t do any of these things on my own. Slowing down and working on long stretches and breathing patterns makes me super antsy, so unless someone else forces me to do it, it’s not getting done. I’ll be sure to update you guys on the progress!

Trifactive_Logo

That’s all she wrote for this week. I hope you have a great long weekend and I’ll catch you all next week!

• What’s one of your favorite things from this week?
  • How do you cope with injury?
  • What’s the last book you read?

July 1, 2016 / 7:37 am

My basil is almost there. I’m so excited! And yeah, not being able to work out is not making me very happy :/

July 1, 2016 / 9:03 am

That sounds awesome! I did that a couple times last summer and it was so much fun!

1. July 1, 2016 / 8:30 am

hope you get back to workouts and feeling better soon. When I can’t workout I try to eat extra healthy to make-up for it. I just finished reading a book called The Wild Diet and now I a reading one called Wild and free lol Ha I just realized they both have Wild in the title!
    Ivanna recently posted…The Anatomy of a Smoothie Bowl + A RecipeMy Profile

July 1, 2016 / 9:04 am

Haha nice! Yeah my problem now is that I’m frustrated and annoyed that it’s been so long that I’m using food to make me feel better. Sooooo just a little opposite of what I could be doing haha. At least I know why I’m doing it and can take steps to fix it.

2. July 1, 2016 / 9:00 am

Hoping you have a speedy recovery! Those Larabar bites look so good, I wonder if they carry them in Canada… One of my favourite things from the week: one of my Directors from our Board surprised me with a bouquet of flowers to congratulate me on my 2 year work anniversary. It made my week!
    Danielle @ Wild Coast Tales recently posted…3 days in Kelowna: where to go, what to eat & drinkMy Profile

July 1, 2016 / 9:04 am

Aw that’s so sweet! I love flowers and I usually buy them for myself all the time πŸ™‚

3. Laura P
    July 1, 2016 / 9:05 am

That book looks really interesting! I love Malcolm Gladwell’s book and the summary of The Passion Conversation sounds like a similar style.

My fiancΓ© gives me dirty looks when I eat raw cookie dough. I don’t think there is anyway I could or would stop eating it raw…it’s too good!!

July 1, 2016 / 9:18 am

I know! Even though I’m already lazy and buy the dough for the cookies most times I then get too lazy to preheat the oven and just eat it haha. I’ll have to check out that book!

4. July 1, 2016 / 9:16 am

Those larabar bites look incredible–great tip to put them in the freezer!

July 1, 2016 / 9:18 am

I know I can’t wait to try them that way!

5. July 1, 2016 / 10:39 am

I’m SO glad I stopped here because I just picked up a bag of the mint chocolate larabite (SO GOOD) and now I need to put them in the freezer before I inhale them all! πŸ˜‰
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Friday Favorites #58My Profile

July 1, 2016 / 11:52 am

Oh man I bet that flavor in the freezer tastes awesome!

July 1, 2016 / 2:37 pm

I got them at Target!!

6. July 1, 2016 / 11:37 am

I got a sample of those larabar bites while I was at target the other day and they were so good! Which is exactly why I won’t be buying them..way too dangerous!!
    Also, I would like to point out that I had a wholeeeeee lot of raw cookie dough while in college (who has time to bake those?!?!) and I never died, so it’s totally fine.

July 1, 2016 / 2:37 pm

I like the way you think. COOKIE DOUGH FOR ALL!

July 1, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Oh no! As long as the same thing doesn’t happen.

7. July 2, 2016 / 10:25 am

I got those larabar bites this week and I am SO excited to try them. They look so good! Hope you have a great weekend Erin!
    Alyssa recently posted…Top 3 Friday 7/1/16My Profile

July 2, 2016 / 11:18 am

Try some of them in the freezer and let me know if they’re better that way! Have a good one too Alyssa!

8. July 2, 2016 / 12:00 pm

I just finished The Sympathizer and enjoyed it! It’s about a spy for the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War. Haha I totally gauge showers based on whether or not I’ve worked out for the day!
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Pistachio Almond Banana Ice CreamMy Profile

July 2, 2016 / 1:45 pm

Ooh sounds good! I just bought a giant collection of Sherlock Holmes to start this weekend πŸ™‚

July 2, 2016 / 4:03 pm

Those are good too! I think I like the Luna ones better just bc of the consistent and bc they’re covered in chocolate πŸ™‚ I ate too many Lara bars before and all the date bases started to get to me so now I only have them occasionally

• July 6, 2016 / 9:29 pm

I picked up a cookie dough LUNA bar today and Woah! It’s amazing! Thanks for the recommendation. I have a new favorite!
        Lindsey recently posted…Adventures on The Oregon CoastMy Profile

July 7, 2016 / 7:31 am

Isn’t it great? Glad you like it!

July 4, 2016 / 8:28 pm

I’ll have to check it out! I know, girl, cookie dough is too good to resist!

July 4, 2016 / 5:44 pm

I’ve been craving some of that lately too and I don’t normally like a lot of mint. Must be the weather!