Five Things Friday #96

Hey guys! Happy Friday!

Coming to you today from Indianapolis where I’ll be until Saturday. I’m here for Fitbloggin‘ with some awesome ladies and ready for some great sessions and great workouts! Check back next week for a recap!

This and last week were kind of a whirlwind as I shoved as much stuff as I possibly could into two or three days and then took off for conferences. Despite that, I still managed to find five things that I’m loving this week. Feast your eyes:

1. RXBARs

I’ve been eating RXBARs for months now since they sell them at Sweat, but this week I received a package from the company which included their new flavor — maple sea salt. So good.

These are one of my favorite bars to snack on because they have minimal ingredients (right on the front), I love the consistency, and the flavors are on point. My go-to is peanut butter, but they have a million other delicious flavors.

Maple Sea Salt Rx Bar

2. Dreamland by Sam Quinones

*affiliate link

I first heard of the book Dreamland on Amanda’s site and was immediately interested for obvious reasons. I keep running out of time to read it, but so far it’s fascinating and I really like the way it’s written and structured.

It’s an in-depth look at the history of America’s opiate epidemic and, while heavy at times, is a fascinating look into the history and progression of opiates in the country. There’s also a chapter including an interview with a pharmacy school professor — the same one who sat me down and told me that I was no longer welcome in their pharmacy program. WEIRD.

Dreamland Sam Quinones

3. Lorissa’s Kitchen

I received these samples from Lorissa’s Kitchen last week at the Idea Fitness Expo and Neil and I had them on the flight home. We had chicken and beef jerky and they were both really good and minimally processed. Two thumbs up.

Lorissas Kitchen

4. Trendy Sparrow Shoot

Yesterday I had the opportunity to participate in a shoot for Trendy Sparrow’s line of athletic tanks. It was ridiculously hot and humid, but I had a great time hanging out with other Chicago bloggers and getting my picture taken.

I’ll be sure to share the final pictures with you guys when I get them, but here’s a (tiny) sneak peak at one of them. Also, I loved the tanks which all had cute messages across the front. You can check them out here!

Trendy Sparrow Shoot

5. Solo Roadtrips

I LOVE to drive. Not the lame stop and go driving of the city, but the long, windows-down, music-blaring, solo drives. I haven’t had once since we moved to the city, which means it’s almost been 2 years!

I had such a great time driving to Indianapolis. It took me about 3.5 hours and it was a great way to see nature again and just be alone with my thoughts. It’s almost like meditation to me. Since I didn’t take a picture of me driving, here’s one from yesterday after I took those braids (above) out. I’M A MERMAID.

img_1687-1

That’s all I’ve got for the week and you can find me here in Indianapolis for the next two days blogging and exercising (and eating). Enjoy your weekend!

• What are you doing this weekend?
  • What’s one of your favorite things from the week?
  • Do you like roadtrips?

1. July 22, 2016 / 5:40 am

Look at you being a model and ish! I’m pretty excited to try the maple sea salt. I love RxBars!
    Have so much fun this weekend (I know you will!)
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…All the Feelings Friday FiveMy Profile

July 22, 2016 / 9:28 am

There’s a Starbucks right in the hotel. Score.

July 22, 2016 / 9:28 am

They’re delicious!

July 22, 2016 / 9:29 am

That sounds like a great weekend!

July 22, 2016 / 9:29 am

Yeah, if I do it too much then it’s not as fun. But occasionally it’s AMAZING.

2. July 22, 2016 / 10:43 am

I am kind of a 50/50% road trip person. I like it if someone else is driving, but it’s hard for me if I’m driving, because I get sleepy so quickly. You were pretty brave to drive all 3.5 hours by yourself! And I wish I was at Fitbloggin! Have so much fun Erin!
    Emily recently posted…Top 3 Friday: Cliff Jumping, Baking, and FearMy Profile

July 22, 2016 / 3:16 pm

My mom is like that too. She gets tired really quickly. I love it!!

3. July 22, 2016 / 11:55 am

omg, i used to braid my hair when i was younger SOLELY for the purpose of taking them out again so i could have mermaid waves. hehehe.
    This weekend my BF and I are going up to cottage country and renting a boat for the weekend to sleep on hahaha
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…Facing the Tough Reality of the Modelling WorldMy Profile

July 22, 2016 / 3:17 pm

OMG that sounds amazing. Take pictures!!

4. July 22, 2016 / 12:25 pm

I need to find RXBARS when I’m in the US next. I think I saw that they’re now at Trader Joe’s.

Whoa. That book sounds super interesting.

I’m also a roadtrip fan! It’s why I love driving down to my mom’s and to my dad’s. If only I could legally take good pictures while driving because I LOVE the scenery, but I totally drive for time and refuse to stop. Ever.
    Ange // Cowgirl Runs recently posted…From the Archives Friday 7/22My Profile

July 22, 2016 / 3:17 pm

Yes I think they have them now!

July 22, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Oh man love to drive! I’m glad I got you hooked on that PB 🙂

5. July 23, 2016 / 10:11 am

Have tons of fun Erin! I need to give those a bars a try. We just started selling the Lorissa’s kitchen at GNC! I haven’t tried it yet though. Excited to read a recap of your weekend!
    Alyssa recently posted…Top 3 Friday 7/22/16My Profile

July 23, 2016 / 10:41 am

It’s so yummy! I loved the turkey one 🙂

July 23, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Get one for later! I love them and eat them all the time at sweat haha

6. July 23, 2016 / 2:27 pm

Totally miss my morning commute to work! Loved the music and just driving and thinking.
    Have so much fun at fitbloggin 😀

July 23, 2016 / 2:43 pm

Miss yooooooou.

7. July 23, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Driving is the best! I miss it when I’m at school, since I leave my car at home. But I got to take my friends on a short road trip today, and it was so fun to just be able to drive and enjoy the trees and fluffy clouds 🙂 Have fun in Indy!
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Five Friday Favorites 07/22/16My Profile

July 25, 2016 / 7:41 am

That sounds like a great time. I loved driving back and forth to Indy this time!