Five Things Friday #97

Hey hey guys, it’s Friday!

This week has been great because I’ve actually been home for all of it and have gotten back into my routine. I’ve gotten up early to work out, been able to plan my meals better, and get everything done.

This weekend is pretty low key (my favorite) — we are probably going to see the new Bourne movie tomorrow morning (yessssss) and then I just have to teach one class on Sunday. To kick it off, here’s some of my favorite things from this week!

1. CLIF Builder’s Snack Bars

Recently, I started working with CLIF to promote their Builder’s line of bars. As a personal trainer and fitness instructor, I interact with a lot of people on a regular basis. That’s a good thing since I came home from Fitbloggin‘ to find 400 (!) of these snack sized bars waiting for me.

I’ve been handing them out like crazy and not trying to eat too many myself since they are both REALLY good. I don’t remember them being this delicious — did they make them even better? I have the chocolate mint and chocolate PB flavors, so if you’re in Chicago, let me know and I’ll hook you UP!

CLIF Snack Bars

2. NOW Sweet Almond Oil

I first read about sweet almond oil on Ashley’s blog and liked the idea of a more natural facial moisturizer. Then, a trainer I work with told me she used it after I kept hounding her and telling her her skin looked so soft and magical.

I was hesitant about switching up my skin care routine since I FINALLY got it back to normal after it freaked out on me for a couple years, but I’ve been using this for a little under a month and I really like it. I put on a small amount in the morning after washing my face and then slather it on at night for ALL THE MOISTURE. The one by NOW Foods has no odor, but some of the other brands smell like almonds if you want that. So far my skin has been fine with it and it does seem a little softer and smoother.

NOW Foods Sweet Almond Oil

3. KIND Pressed Bars

I first saw these at Blogfest and went back both days to get as many samples as I could. #noshame

KIND has a new line of pressed fruit/veggie bars that are so. good. I like the kind that are fruit AND veggies, but they have some that are only fruit and chia, like the cherry apple chia bar pictured below. I’ve been eating that one before workouts since it’s a source of quickly digested carbs and less messy than trying to eat a whole fruit on my walk. The bars taste just like when I dehydrate fruit at home and have inspired me to throw some veggies in there too the next time I do it.

You can check out their other flavors here and I found these at Target, so EVERYONE GO TRY THEM.

KIND pressed bars

4. Stauffer’s Animal Crackers

I think these also made an appearance in an old Five Things Friday, but I got them at Target this weekend and remembered my love for them all over again.

Obviously, they’re not the best nutrition-wise, but I love them so much. I used to buy them at the dollar store, but I’ve also found that Target sells them for — you guessed it — $1! Oh Target, what would I do without you?

I’m not a huge fan of the animal crackers in the box, but these ones by Stauffer’s are out of control.

Stauffer's Animal Crackers

5. NASM Corrective Exercise Specialization

In exciting career development news, I asked my family for money for my birthday so that I could get a corrective exercise specialization from NASM. I think I’m finally becoming an adult.

Rather than try and compile a bunch of continuing education credits to renew my certification (you have to renew every 2 years), I figured I would go with this specialization since it takes care of the entire amount of credits needed, will allow me to help my clients even more, and lets me use more letters after my name. 🙂

If anyone is interested in signing up with any NASM program, make sure to check with Matt Bauman, NASM’s education advisor, before purchasing anything. You can get a sweet discount by mentioning either my name or blog, which is great because we all know this stuff is EXPENSIVE. You can email him at matt.bauman@nasm.org or give him a call at 602-383-1274.

I’m planning on writing a comprehensive post about this once I finish it, so check back on that if you’re interested!

Related: Passing The NASM Certified Personal Training Exam

NASM CES specialization

Well that’s it for the week. I hope you all have an amazing Friday and a great weekend. Catch ya Monday!

• What’s one of your favorite things this week?
  • What are you doing this weekend?

1. July 29, 2016 / 5:35 am

I’ve been thinking about adding that specialization to my list as well–I’ll be interested to hear what you think. And YES to Stauffers! They are my favorite. I am dangerous around them. Well, I”m dangerous around food, as my family experienced last night. At least I am trying to put on weight.
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Family Time! Favorite Visits of Past 3 YearsMy Profile

July 29, 2016 / 7:58 am

I could eat so many bags of those cookies. I’ll let you know about NASM fo sho!

July 29, 2016 / 7:58 am

It all seemed to happen this week haha.

2. July 29, 2016 / 9:10 am

I love Cliff Builder’s bars! The chocolate peanut butter and the mint are two of my very favorites! They are like eating a giant candy bar that has protein which is a huge win for me. I haven’t seen the Kind pressed bars yet, but I would love to try them.
    Emily recently posted…Top 3 Friday: Why Living at Home Isn’t LameMy Profile

July 29, 2016 / 9:29 am

Both bars are so good! Great snacks!

3. steph
    July 29, 2016 / 9:58 am

I swear by the mint builder’s bars….and I love animal crackers. The whales are also a staple…far better than goldfish!

July 29, 2016 / 10:52 am

Man I could eat so many bags of them.

July 29, 2016 / 10:53 am

Thanks! Make sure to check out that recap post I wrote about the whole testing process if you’re interested!

July 29, 2016 / 2:20 pm

Oh totally. They’re delicious! Oh man I didn’t even think about adding PB to those. Dangerous…

4. July 29, 2016 / 2:14 pm

Celebrating my husband’s 38th birthday this weekend! Enjoy your down time!
    AmberLynn recently posted…Currently July 2016My Profile

July 29, 2016 / 2:20 pm

Ooh have the best time! I’ll enjoy mine by napping 🙂

5. Ann
    July 29, 2016 / 2:30 pm

WOW!!! That is TOO crazy! First of all, I haven’t thought to buy those animal crackers for my kids for AGES, and I *just* bought them the other day…they are so, so yummy! Secondly, I was *just* talking to my husband yesterday about getting NASM PT certified!!!! WOW!!!! So…I guess *someone* is telling me that I should call Matt, right??? I am going out of my mind over here…it’s like someone is telling me that it’s the right career path for me!!

July 29, 2016 / 2:31 pm

Haha it’s a sign! Yeah, definitely call and let him know I sent you and he can get you a discount!!

• Ann
        July 29, 2016 / 3:00 pm

Just spoke with Matt!!! Thanks, Erin!!

6. July 29, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Thank you for sharing about the Almond Oil! I currently use Rose Hip Oil on my acne prone skin and ADORE it (non greasy and so healing!) but I just ran out! I’ll look into Almond Oil and see if I feel pulled to it next 😉

xxoo
    Kris
    Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted…Cauliflower “Fried Rice” RecipeMy Profile

July 30, 2016 / 7:29 am

Yes! Let me know if you get it!

7. July 29, 2016 / 4:54 pm

Yay! So glad that you are enjoying the almond oil suggestion. I seriously slather almond oil all over me, all the time. And totally cool about the specialization. You will be SO pleased you did that down the line. Nice work, Erin! Have a lovely weekend, my friend. 🙂 Oh and yay for bite-sized bars! Those CLIF ones are good!
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…What the latest news about lifting heavy vs. light weights means for youMy Profile

July 30, 2016 / 7:30 am

I’d give you a million if you were closer haha. Also, I may be coming to San Fran in sept so hopefully I may be able to see you!

8. July 29, 2016 / 6:08 pm

Way to go with the NASM specialization. Also all of these snacks are delicious-especially the pressed KIND bars omg yum!

July 30, 2016 / 7:30 am

I know! I had so many samples at Blogfest!

July 30, 2016 / 7:31 am

Good to know so many other people share my love for these animal crackers! So good!

9. July 29, 2016 / 8:08 pm

I absolutely freaking adore animal crackers and can do some serious damage with them. I think as a kid, I played with them more than ate them, but I’ve since made up for lost time 😛
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Five Friday Favorites 07/29/16My Profile

July 30, 2016 / 7:32 am

Hahaha. Now I want to get some more!

10. July 29, 2016 / 11:13 pm

Almond Oil Moisturizer! OMG I would want to lick myself – LOL!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…This ICE Is NutsMy Profile

July 30, 2016 / 7:32 am

I know! I’m glad mine doesn’t smell bc otherwise it would be irresistible 🙂

July 31, 2016 / 5:37 pm