Five Things Friday #99

Happy Friday!

What’s going on this weekend? My Saturday is open and I am teaching all three classes at Sweat on Sunday, so if you’re in the city and want to drop on in, let me know!

This week has been average – nothing spectacular and nothing awful, which I’m perfectly fine with. I did have one big excitement, which leads me into this week’s Five Things Friday!

1. Frostbeard Studios

THIS was my most exciting moment of the week. A friend told me about Frostbeard Studios a couple weeks ago and I’ve been OBSESSED ever since.

They make book-themed candles and have scents based on popular books such as Winterfell and Sherlock’s Study. What I’m MOST excited about, however, is their line of “bibliophile” scents, which includes everything from libraries to old and new books. They’re incredible. I can’t tell you how happy they make me.

They’re a small husband and wife team based out of Minneapolis, so if you love candles and books as much as I do, show them some love.

BONUS: Use the code BOOKISH at checkout to get 10% off your first order!!

Frostbeard Studios

2. Revival Food Hall

This one is only applicable to Chicago readers, so if you’re not in the city, keep on reading (unless you love to read everything I write, in which case, carry on).

I had the opportunity to attend a pre-opening event at Revival Food Hall Wednesday night and it was AMAZING. I shared some behind the scenes videos on Instagram, but for those of you who missed them, Revival Food Hall is basically a giant collection of food vendors located in one place. The ambiance is beautiful and you can find food options ranging from coffee and drinks to healthy and unhealthy.

I sampled something from just about every vendor and it was all so. good. Of course my beloved Aloha Poke stole the show as always, but I would seriously go back here all the time for things like pizza, juices, smoothies, hot chicken, ramen, tacos, sandwiches, BBQ, etc. etc.

Revival opens next week at 125 S. Clark St., but no official day has been announced yet.

Revival Food Hall Chicago

3. xSense Aromatherapy

We got these samples from xSense in our bags from Blogfest, but honestly I wasn’t really sure what to do with them. I’m not a huge essential oils person and I kind of threw it in a pile and forgot about it.

Neil decided to go on a cleaning spree and because I tend to throw things in aforementioned piles, he gathered all my stuff and nicely left it for me in such a way that I had to put it away or it would prevent me from getting to things. Thanks Neil.

He put these in the bathroom and once I finally read them, I realized they are different scents designed to improve productivity at work, during exercise, and even one to calm you down when it’s time to rest. The large one is a roller of the scent and of course without reading it carefully, I decided to rub it all over my wrists. Wrong.

They are designed to be rubbed in the area between your lip and nose so that you are able to inhale the scent for a longer period of time. Since the “play” one was in the bathroom already, I kept using it before my super early workouts to help wake me up. It’s minty and refreshing and I actually really like it. I haven’t used the other ones yet, but I’m going to try them out and see how they are.

xsense

4. Maple Spiced Cashew Butter

Shameless plug, but if you haven’t already made this recipe from earlier in the week, do it this weekend. It’s literally so fast and you’ll never go back to $213645577 store brands again.

Maple Spiced Cashew Butter

5. Crossword Puzzles

I had to change backpacks earlier in the week and in cleaning out one of them, I discovered my stash of crossword puzzles from 2011.

When Neil and I first moved in together, we had a subscription to The Washington Post because we were domesticated and literary and apparently I needed all the coupons. They had some of my favorite crossword puzzles, so I would always cut them out and save them to do later.

I have so many to do now and they are one of my favorite things. Every time I fly I always do the crosswords in the back of the magazines. Maybe I’ll light one of my book candles the next time I do one.

Crossword Puzzles

That’s all I’ve got for this week — let me know what you have coming up!

• What is one of your favorite things this week?
  • Weekend plans?

1. August 12, 2016 / 5:31 am

I used to live by my crossword puzzle app on my phone. I just haven’t found an app that I like as much to switch to on the new one. Sherlock’s Story better smell like Benedict Cumberbatch….
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Five Healthy Unexpected Smoothie IngredientsMy Profile

August 12, 2016 / 3:36 pm

I’m going to imagine it does. And a crossword app would be AMAZING.

August 12, 2016 / 3:37 pm

Just save them for 5 years like I did w these crosswords haha

August 12, 2016 / 3:37 pm

Maaaaake it!

August 12, 2016 / 3:37 pm

That sounds like an awesome weekend!

2. August 12, 2016 / 9:05 am

Crossword puzzles are really fun! 🙂 Those are probably my favorite kind of puzzles. And I tried your Maple Cashew butter with walnuts, but now we have cashews, so I guess I know what might be going down later, hopefully! 🙂
    Emily recently posted…Top 5: Peanut Butter Marshmallow SandwichMy Profile

August 12, 2016 / 3:38 pm

Yesssss. Do it and let me know how it is!!

3. August 12, 2016 / 10:04 am

that maple spiced cashew butter sounds AMAZING! really need to try making my own nut butter one of these days!
    Alyssa recently posted…Thinking out Loud 8/11/16My Profile

August 12, 2016 / 3:38 pm

As long as you have a food processor you MUST. it’s really SO easy

4. August 12, 2016 / 10:17 am

Oh my goodness, those candles sound AMAZING! I now have this gorgeous image in my mind of me sitting by a fireplace with one of these candles, reading an engrossing novel. Probably won’t happen anytime soon but at least I could pretend if I get one of them! I love any puzzle game – crosswords, sudoku, word searches. That’s so fun how you rediscovered them!
    Caroline recently posted…Top 3 Friday & Friday Favorites #3My Profile

August 12, 2016 / 3:39 pm

I know right?? I can’t wait for fall and blankets and CANDLES GALORE.

August 12, 2016 / 3:40 pm

Let me know how you like it!!

August 12, 2016 / 3:41 pm

I KNOW. and there’s so many different book ones I don’t know which ones to choose!!

5. August 12, 2016 / 4:30 pm

Just hangin’ with the finance. No step son this weekend so lots of relaxation and hanging outside with friends and swimming. OMG this makes me happy! Lol

August 12, 2016 / 5:04 pm

That sounds so magical!!

6. August 12, 2016 / 6:56 pm

For my entire life, my grandparents have done the daily crossword puzzle in the newspaper. My grandpa starts it in the morning, my grandma picks it up in the afternoon, and then they bounce ideas off each other about anything they can’t figure out. So cute. Also, sometimes they call me and my parents for more modern pop culture references. 🙂 And now I need to check out those candles because I think the only things that smell better than books are pizza and fresh brownies… and books would probably make me way less hungry…
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Five Friday Favorites 08/12/16My Profile

August 12, 2016 / 7:14 pm

OMG that is the cutest thing. My grandparents also used to do it every day too. There was always one at their house. Also YES you need these candles!