Olympic Weekend

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? Mine was nice and slow again, which is always a plus. I have some trips and visits happening in the next couple months, so I’ll take these nap-filled weekends for sure.

Because it was pretty low key, this is another quick recap with more words than pictures.

Neil and I started and finished Stranger Things on Netflix after seeing so many mentions of it in the internet world. I liked it, but not as much as American Horror Story. I had some disagreements about this, but I stand by my vote.

I slept in until 9 am on Saturday, which is unheard of for me. This meant that I couldn’t make it to take a class before teaching two at Sweat. Oh well.

On the way home, Neil met me at Whole Foods where we found salmon tacos on sale and I stocked up on a case of kombucha if you saw me on IG stories. Even though I couldn’t get a whole workout in, I did carry the case back about 5 or 6 blocks. Woof.

Salmon Tacos

We started Stranger Things on Friday night and finished it on Saturday after I got home. It’s only 8 episodes, so we split it into four a day.

Sunday morning I woke up at 7:30 am (more like it), had my tea, and made a delicious bowl of pinole, which I’ve been loving lately. It’s a warm, whole grain hot cereal that has been used for hundreds of years as a staple in some South American countries and which also serves as a great fuel for athletes.

Purely Pinole

While I lazed on the couch, Neil cleaned things like a maniac, then we headed to the new Block 37 theaters, which offer reclining seats and in-movie dining. Ordering food I can’t see always weirds me out, so we just watched STAR TREK and it was glorious.

Afterwards, we headed to Nando’s Peri-Peri, which made it my second time in the week that I had this sandwich. I didn’t have time to take a good picture because I was starving.

img_2030

We headed home, watched some movies with The Rock, took a nap, then I wrote some training plans and watched gymnastics, which is always my favorite event of the Olympics! It’s a very exciting weekend around these parts.

Hope you all had a great one and let me know what you did in the comments!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s the best thing you ate?
  • What’s your favorite Olympic sport?

August 8, 2016 / 8:27 am

If it’s Big Gs then no. They lose.

August 8, 2016 / 8:28 am

It’s wonderfully addictive!

August 8, 2016 / 8:28 am

It’s so good I love it!!

1. August 8, 2016 / 8:23 am

The olympics get me so excited!! Fav sport is definitely gymnastics just because I was a gymnast for a long time, but I really do love diving too. And best thing I ate this weekend was en egg and cheese on a bagel- so goooood
    Alyssa recently posted…MHM 8/8/16- Stop Finding Pride In What You EatMy Profile

August 8, 2016 / 8:28 am

Oh man I love egg and cheese anything. Gymnastics for life!

August 8, 2016 / 9:43 am

If I liked dill that would be amazing haha

2. August 8, 2016 / 12:41 pm

I loved Stranger Things and am so sad there were only 8 episodes! The best thing I ate was a lemony shrimp and zucchini/tomato pasta my hubs made. And ice cream (duh?). Gymnastics will always be my favorite Olympic sport. Oh, and since there’s a 40-year old Uzbekstani woman competing on vault this year, you realize we still have a shot for 2020! 😉
    Catherine @ A Cup of Catherine recently posted…Why I Unabashedly Love The OlympicsMy Profile

August 8, 2016 / 1:52 pm

I know! She’s been competing since forever! I told Neil my new life goal is to hire a coach and go to the next olympics and then they will make a movie about my life Hahahaha.

August 8, 2016 / 1:52 pm

Great indeed! Yeah, I looked at my phone and was like 11pm???

3. August 8, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Oh I’m still not sure about IG stories. Too much and I’m already distracted! But sleeping till 9? Yes please

August 8, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Haha yes 🙂

August 8, 2016 / 4:03 pm

Oh yes you do. It’s one of my favorites!

4. August 8, 2016 / 4:27 pm

Instagram stories are quickly starting to become my favorite, because I can see even more of my friends on there than Snapchat, but I still see things on Snapchat that I don’t see on Instagram.

Those theaters are really interesting to me. I’m not sure what it would feel like to be in a recliner while watching a film at the theater. I imagine it might be nice.
    Emily recently posted…Why Vulnerability Hurts and HealsMy Profile

August 8, 2016 / 4:28 pm

It’s so nice! I find myself getting more and more uncomfortable in regular seats these days

5. August 8, 2016 / 5:22 pm

Had a ton of me-time this weekend, which was kind of refreshing. Also hung out with one of my good friends and her 11-month old baby, who is the happiest and most adorable little ham I’ve ever met. Yay!
    I’m a huge scaredy cat and won’t watch Stranger Things if there’s an ounce of horror/creepy-ness in it. Merp.
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Healthy Summer Kale Peach SmoothieMy Profile

August 8, 2016 / 5:24 pm

Haha then no do not watch it. I love me time. I’m getting some new candles in this week that I’m OBSESSED with so I can hide and read.

August 9, 2016 / 7:45 pm

Oh man I need to get it when it’s on sale!!