First Weekend of Fall

Happy last week of September!

I don’t have many pictures from this weekend because I think I spent more time on IG stories than actually snapping pictures. Whoops.

If you follow along on there, then you already know how my weekend was. If you don’t, here’s a recap.

Saturday morning I went to a workout at Crossfit Chicago with two of my friends. I don’t normally work out on the weekends, but my friend talked me into it. This workout almost killed me. I don’t know if it’s because this was my fifth day working out or what, but I had to seriously slow down on some of these.

img_3165

My face is normally a nice tomato red after a workout, but this day it was almost purple. Out of control.

img_3159

There was a small food market across the street that I explored, but I didn’t end up getting anything. I took a long walk through the city to stop at Whole Foods for lunch, then headed home.

I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning and watching movies with Neil.

Sunday I trained a client and then spent the afternoon working on some new photos in the city. As soon as I get them I will be sure to share them with you!

Neil and I went on a shopping expedition for sandwiches and then I stuffed myself with all kinds of meat and cheese.

Sandwich

Sandwich 2

Tomorrow we leave for a 6 day trip to Yosemite and San Francisco. I can’t remember the last time we took such a long trip! Depending on how much I can get done today, I may have some more posts for you this week, but if not then I will be back next week.

We are using our park time to unplug and really try and get back to basics. This means that I probably won’t be posting to IG or other social media for a couple days (gasp). Let’s hope I survive.

In all seriousness though, I LOVE nature. I am really excited to camp by the water and enjoy all the beauty. Just be. It’ll be amazing. If you’ve ever been to Yosemite, let me know what I should do!!

Hope you all had a great weekend and an even better week this week. See you soon!

Also — big congrats to Ellen for winning the Oh She Glows Every Day cookbook giveaway! If you’re still looking to win some prizes, make sure to head over to this Instagram post! Ends tonight!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s the best thing you ate?
  • What’s the longest vacation you’ve taken?

1. September 26, 2016 / 5:23 am

I’m so excited for you for your trip. Two of my favorite places 🙂 I’m sure you will not forget to Instagram while gone 🙂 Especially those phenomenal views. I await….
    Carla recently posted…Goals Versus IntentionsMy Profile

September 27, 2016 / 10:44 am

As long as I have signal the IG will live on 🙂

2. September 26, 2016 / 6:22 am

You’re going to love Yosemite, and I totally agree that detoxing from social media is essential. I just love being out in God’s world and getting it all back in perspective. It’s wonderful, and I think you’ll be super refreshed.

That Crossfit class sounds and looks crazy and fun at the same time; the way you try out different workouts and food always energizes me to be more adventurous.
    Emily recently posted…Where I Find Courage When I Am Full of FearMy Profile

September 27, 2016 / 10:44 am

Aw that’s great! Yeah, I can’t wait to get out in nature!

September 27, 2016 / 10:44 am

When there’s a will there’s a way 🙂

September 27, 2016 / 10:45 am

Ooh that sounds like so much fun! Come visit!!

3. Natasha
    September 26, 2016 / 9:11 am

Have a great time in Yosemite and San Fran! My husband and I just moved to Sacramento, CA and haven’t been to Yosemite yet, but I hear it’s amazing. San Fransisco is lots of fun, my cousin and her husband own a shop down there called “terrific street” they have food, coffee, etc. it’s on 1534 Grant Ave, San Fran. Look it up if you want.

September 27, 2016 / 10:45 am

Oh sweet I will check it out if we are close by!!

4. September 26, 2016 / 12:10 pm

best thing I ate this weekend was hibachi! I got noodles, fried rice, and veggies… SO good 🙂
    Alyssa recently posted…A Balanced WeekendMy Profile

September 27, 2016 / 10:46 am

Oh man that sounds delicious. I want some now instead of these plane crackers I’m eating 🙂

September 27, 2016 / 10:46 am

Thanks heather!!

September 27, 2016 / 10:46 am

I’ve never been so it will be a grand adventure!

5. September 27, 2016 / 5:30 pm