Football and Fall

Guys – fall is almost here. I’m so excited and have my fingers crossed that it lasts a little longer than it did last year.

Saturday I had to teach in the morning, then I stayed and took a pretty intense workout at Sweat. Afterwards, I met Neil at a place called Woodie’s Flat so I could try out this creation.

Woodies Flat

It was decent, but I don’t know that I would go there again. Definitely good to experience two of my favorite things combined into one. 🙂

From there we walked about a mile to Whole Foods where my friend Addie was hosting an event about Instagram and food styling. I shared some of it on my IG stories, but here is a shot that I took. I was too lazy to get my own food and style it, so I just used someone else’s. Score.

Whole Foods

We headed home to shower and hang out for a couple hours until we needed to meet up with a couple friends for a football game at Northwestern. This was the beginning of the end food-wise.

We stopped to grab pho for dinner, then headed north to try a new gelato place called Frio. It’s definitely way out of the way for me, but their options were amazing and delicious. One of these is cheese and honey. Say whaaa?

Frio Gelato

We only stayed for about 30 min at the game and then decided to head out and grab a slice of pizza at Dimo’s since one of our friends had never been there.

Northwestern

img_3036

It was too dark for pictures, but we got pizza, then ice cream #2 at Aha Crepe, which you may remember from this post. Yowza.

We did walk for literally hours though, so maybe that helped balance some of it out?

Sunday I lazed around and slept in until about 8 am. We didn’t have anything planned until the evening, so I did some work around the house, took some naps, and watched some football.

We had a surprise baby shower for one of my coworkers, so we all met up Sunday evening. It’s always nice to see friends while wearing actual clothes and not just workout attire.

img_3044

img_3057

img_3059

It was definitely a low key weekend, which you know I love. I have some things to work ahead on this week since the week after Neil and I are going to YOSEMITE and SAN FRANCISCO. If you guys have been and have any suggestions, let me know!!

Hope you had a great weekend!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What was the best thing you ate?

1. September 19, 2016 / 5:26 am

I dunno if it is still good, but SPQR was amazing when we were in Frisco. Also, sourdough tortillas as Boudins. We got fish tacos with them and they were amazing.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Late Summer Girls Weekend!My Profile

September 19, 2016 / 9:01 pm

Aw sweet. I’m gonna start making a list

September 19, 2016 / 9:01 pm

I know! Thankfully the next month is calm and I’m here for it.

2. September 19, 2016 / 7:43 am

Love your weekend food adventures. I tried VeggieGrill this weekend as I was in the states and was impressed! My travel partner is vegan so I was happy to find one close to where we were staying. It was actually really good for fast food!
    Bri recently posted…Race Review: 2016 Beat the Blerch Half MarathonMy Profile

September 19, 2016 / 9:02 pm

That sounds good I haven’t seen that place!

3. September 19, 2016 / 11:51 am

San Francisco and Yosemite — how exciting! I went to SF in July for the first time and it was amazing. The one restaurant I would recommend (if you like Thai) is Kin Khao. It has a Michelin star and is SO delicious and very casual. We also went out of our way to get breakfast at Tartine Bakery, where the ham and cheese croissants (and everything else) are to die for.

Have fun!

September 19, 2016 / 9:02 pm

Adding them to my list! Thanks Michelle!

September 19, 2016 / 9:02 pm

That sounds like my kind of weekend!

4. September 19, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Sounds like you had such a fun weekend and that gelato sounds fantastic! You are going to love Yosemite! It is absolutely gorgeous, especially this time of year! In San Francisco I would definitely recommend checking out the Pier 39, the wharf, Ghiradelli Square, try a bowl of Clam Chowder in a bread bowl, and visit Golden Gate park. If you want to check out Alcatraz, just make sure to book it in advance. Oh and eat lots of pork buns and Asian food — it’s so good there! Have a wonderful time!
    Kellen McAvoy recently posted…Apple Crisp Cookie CupMy Profile

September 25, 2016 / 8:42 pm

Yesss. I’m adding everything to my list haha

September 25, 2016 / 8:43 pm

I haven’t had that flavor in forever!

5. September 20, 2016 / 10:29 pm

You are seriously making Chicago more and more exciting!!! Although I think I will legit go poor hanging out with you guys!

How did you find the cheese and honey ice cream? I kind of envision straight cream cheese (which is a good thing!)
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Flourless Pumpkin Breakfast CakeMy Profile

September 25, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Well it was the most appealing flavor they had there (at least for me), so I went for it. Did not disappoint. When are you coming? Hurry up!

6. September 21, 2016 / 1:22 pm

San Francisco is so fun! I loved exploring the Ferry Building (so much good food) and we did an Alcatraz tour at night, which was really cool.
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Paleo Protein BuckeyesMy Profile

September 25, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Ooh that sounds magical. I need more days to explore!

7. September 21, 2016 / 2:43 pm

What a fun weekend… and look at all this YUMMY food!!

Wait! You’re coming to SF? So CLOSE! (Unfortunately, I am hosting my parents next week, otherwise I would come out and bug you guys :P)