Five Things Friday #106

Hello and happy Friday!

This weekend is the Chicago Marathon, so I may have a chance to meet up with some online friends who are coming into town. It’s going to be a busy weekend for them and nothing is hammered out in stone yet, so we will see! As of right now I’m scheduled to work a little on both days, so if you want to get a workout in with me at Sweat Chicago, make sure you sign up (and let me know if it’s your first time so I can get you a free code!).

Other than that, nothing exciting over here. I did a lot of traveling last month, so there’s nothing really planned until November. Time to enjoy the Chicago fall. ๐Ÿ™‚

Here are some other things I’ve been enjoying!

1. New photos by Alexandria Heidner

Getting professional photos for the blog and social media has been on my list of things to do for 21465748 years. I follow a lot of Chicago photographers on Instagram, but I never saw any pictures that made me feel like I NEEDED THAT PERSON TO TAKE MY PHOTOS RIGHT NOW.

I had a friend get some done by Alexandria and I loved the way they looked. So much so, in fact, that as soon as I saw them I emailed her and set up a time to shoot. We took some lifestyle photos and some fitness shots and I’m so happy with them. If you’re in the Chicago area and looking for a photographer, hit her up!

CG6A6358

2. Sapp Birch Water

I was sent some samples of Sapp birch water right after I got back from Yosemite and they immediately brought up images of being in the woods and drinking some kind of tree water. I was pumped to become one with the trees.

This water is actually the sap collected from birch trees during a few weeks in the springtime. It has 80% less sugar than coconut waterย and 5 times the amount of manganese than a cup of kale. As you can see below, there are three flavors — original, rosehip, and nettle. I didn’t know what to expect from the original, but it tasted like water with just a hint of woodiness. I actually really liked it.

The nettle flavor is infused with anti-inflammatory properties and tastes more like a tree ๐Ÿ™‚ while the rosehip is sweeter, including notes of honey and containing benefits for the skin from the rosehip. I really like this water and am going to look for it in the stores around here. To see if there is any in your area, you can check out their locator here!

Sapp Water

3. Yosemite

I know this was technically last week, but I’m still enjoying the pictures and the experience that I had at Yosemite. I loved being immersed in nature and being able to marvel at everything. In case you missed my recap, you can find it here.

Yosemite

4. Pond’s Cleansing Cloths

Speaking of Yosemite, I took along these Pond’s cleansing cloths that I received from the Shape Meet & Tweet event a couple weeks ago. They were perfect for wiping off my face and getting all the sweat and dirt off after that day of hiking and when we first arrived after a day of travel. I felt like my face was actually clean and moisturized after using them!

Ponds Cleansing Wipes

5. Sweater Weather Candle from BBW

Bath & Body Works is always my favorite place to get candles. Their autumn and winter scents are always my favorites unlike Neil who likes fruity ones (weirdo). I stocked up on a bunch and have been working my way through them. This one has been on blast every day this week because it is AMAZING. I feel like I’ve had it at some point in my life, but I don’t remember it smelling so amazing.

It’s like autumn and leaves and apple cider and magic all in one.

Sweater Weather Bath and Body Works

Those are all my favorite for the week — let me know some of yours in the comments and have a beautiful weekend!

• What’s one of your favorite things this week?
  • What are you doing this weekend?
  • What’s your favorite candle scent?

October 9, 2016 / 7:51 pm

Thanks Megan! I’ll share more but prob space them out. Yeah, I think walking is prob more important right now haha

1. October 7, 2016 / 6:17 am

I need to try that candle! I love the aromatherapy line from Bath & Body Works, especially their lavender chamomile and stress relief scents. Happy Friday! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Friday Favorites! 10/7My Profile

October 9, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Do it. It’s so amazing.

2. October 7, 2016 / 6:29 am

You are GORGEOUS, Erin! I totally need that candle in my life. The only one I have right now is called “Creamy Vanilla Swirl” and it’s a bit TOO sweet for me right now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ My favorite buy from this week was some homemade Apple Butter from our Farmer’s Market. Can’t wait to eat it straight from the jar.
    Marina @ A Dancer’s Live-It recently posted…Friday Top 3’s: #15My Profile

October 9, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Thanks marina! Man that apple butter sounds delicious!

October 9, 2016 / 7:52 pm

They really don’t taste like tree to me haha. The flavored ones taste like iced tea. Happy Thanksgiving!

3. October 7, 2016 / 9:03 am

oh my goodness, that picture of you is SO beautiful!!
    I am so excited it’s candle season. I wish I could have candles in my dorm room, but essential oils will have to do haha. Love all the different fall scents though!
    Alyssa recently posted…Currently October 2016My Profile

October 9, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Aw man lame! Get it when you go home ๐Ÿ™‚

4. October 7, 2016 / 10:18 am

I love Bath and Body works seasonal candles, I need to pick up some Fall scents before everything is Winter and Christmas. Yosemite looks so gorgeous. I would love to take a trip out west in the fall. And this weekend my parents are visiting so I’m excited to take them around and get a few good bites to eat ๐Ÿ™‚
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Killer Abs Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

October 9, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Yay parents time! Bath and body works is the best for candles!!

October 9, 2016 / 7:54 pm

I wish someone would take my pictures every day!

October 9, 2016 / 7:54 pm

Yeah man. Then write it off ๐Ÿ™‚

5. October 8, 2016 / 9:53 am

I love the picture of you Erin; it really highlights your joy and energy! ๐Ÿ™‚ And that birch water; wow, you aren’t afraid to try anything. ๐Ÿ˜€

My favorite candle scent is definitely something apple or pumpkin ‘scented.’
    Emily recently posted…Apple White Chocolate Caramel Bars + A Giveaway Announcement!My Profile

October 9, 2016 / 7:54 pm

Aw thank you Emily! Yes – those are the best fall candle scents!!

October 9, 2016 / 7:55 pm

Thank you edye! Hope you did too!!