Five Things Friday #109

Happy Friday friends!

How was your week? Mine was busy but fun and now I’m looking forward to the weekend. The only thing planned is another photoshoot with Sweat tomorrow, so keep an eye on those IG stories if you want some live action behind the scenes. 🙂 Other than that, it’s relaxing, watching Hocus Pocus (#basic), and staying warm inside now that the temperatures are starting to cool off a bit.

In order to get a jump start to the weekend, let’s look at the things I’m loving this week!

1. Honeymoon Pictures

When we went on our honeymoon to the Maldives about three years ago, I bought one of those cheap waterproof cameras. I never ended up using all the images, so it just sat and moved around with us. I finally decided to just get them developed without being completely full and I picked them up this week.

Guys, those disposable cameras are awful. How did we take pictures with them for so long? There were about three pictures I liked and the rest were weird blurry fish things. Still, it’s nice to see them and remember what a great time we had!

Honeymoon Pictures

2. Rudi’s English muffins

Someone recommended these to me and I tried going back to see who it was but couldn’t find them. If it was you — thank you! I have been eating these nonstop for about two weeks with pistachio butter and jelly and also to make more savory sandwiches. They have other varieties as well, but so far I’m pretty basic with these straight up white ones.

Rudis English Muffins

3. Eyebrow Gel

When my sister sent me all those hair samples, she also sent me a couple brow gels. For years I have always bought cheap clear mascara to keep my brows in shape. The only makeup I wear on a M-F basis is mascara and clear mascara on my brows (sometimes some blush since this tan is nonexistent).

It’s nice to have more of a supply since I use it daily, but don’t waste your time on overpriced brow-specific gels. I’ve been buying e.l.f. clear mascara from Target for years for $2 and it’s TIGHT.

Clear Mascara

4. Health iPhone App

So I’m probably one of the last people to know about this, but apparently iPhones come with a built-in health app (you know, one of those annoying ones that you can’t delete even if you don’t use it?). It tracks your steps, total distance, flights climbed, and a bunch of other features I haven’t played with.

I stopped using my Fitbit a couple years ago, but it’s cool to check out how far I’ve walked from time to time. Since I carry my phone everywhere with me, it’s a pretty good tracker of activity. Just so I could look cool, this is a screenshot of the day we did that insane hike at Yosemite. I’m not walking 19.6 miles on the regular.

img_3935

5. Westworld

This relatively new series on HBO (but a remake of an old show) is a combination of Western meets artificial intelligence meets Asimov’s I, Robot. I saw everyone raving about it, so Neil and I spent last Friday catching up on three episodes and the latest one was just on on Sunday. I like it, but I’m not sure I like it as much as the hype likes it. I’m going to keep watching because it’s definitely a novel idea and I don’t not like it, but I’m interested to see where it goes.

westworld-trailer-key-art-700x380

(photo credit)

That’s it for this week — have an awesome weekend and stay safe if you are partying for Halloween!

• Are you dressing up for Halloween?
  • What are you doing this weekend?
  • What’s one of your favorite things from the week?

October 28, 2016 / 10:21 am

That was the crazy 8.5 hour hike so i wouldn’t be surprised!

1. Iona
    October 28, 2016 / 5:50 am

I don’t think Westworld is my cup of tea, but the last programme you recommended (The Night Of) was AMAZING!
    This weekend for me is a Dolly Parton show and lots of Autumnal long walks with the dog here in Scotland.
    Halloween is taking my steps kids trick or treating. Have a great weekend 🙂

October 28, 2016 / 10:21 am

Wasn’t it?! Omg I loved it. Your weekend sounds amazing. Enjoy it!

October 28, 2016 / 10:22 am

Haha I’m imagining you peering out the blinds and being scared of children in costumes. Or throwing candy at them haha

October 28, 2016 / 10:22 am

I know they’re the worst!

October 28, 2016 / 10:22 am

Have you tried eyebrow powder? That helps a lot too in filling them in minimally so they look natural

October 28, 2016 / 9:59 am

Omg I know. It was such a process to get it developed and they have to send it off and it takes like 2 weeks to get back!

2. October 28, 2016 / 10:23 am

I really think that you could walk 20 miles with all the activity that you do Erin; you always seem to be moving and doing something fun. 🙂 And those Rudi’s English muffins sound good; for some reason I thought that Rudi’s only did gluten free. Now I know they don’t. This weekend, I’m helping my sister clean a house she’s house sitting, cleaning our house, baking lots, and going to church on Sunday! 🙂
    Emily recently posted…Thinking Thursday: New Fall Foods, Fluffy Friends, and the GospelMy Profile

3. October 28, 2016 / 10:23 am

October 29, 2016 / 8:35 am

I thought they did too but I think I was confusing it w Udis which is a GF brand. Hope you have a good weekend!

4. October 28, 2016 / 11:57 am

The Maldives! Ugh, what a dreamy honeymoon destination. I want to go there. And Bora Bora.

Have a great weekend!

I’m dressing up as a devil and hiking up a MTN tomorrow to celebrate Halloween. Hahaha!
    Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted…What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

October 29, 2016 / 8:36 am

We got a Living Social deal on it which was great. I had always wanted to go! Hope you have a fun hike!

5. October 28, 2016 / 11:58 am

Maldives has been on my list for a someday Honeymoon for SO long. It looks absolutely beautiful. This weekend I’m hiking in hopes of seeing last minute leaf changes & then having a fall party on Sunday! Last weekend of October – have to go out with a bang! 🙂
    Ciara recently posted…Friday Five 10.28.16My Profile

October 29, 2016 / 8:38 am

Check groupon and living social for deals! That’s how we got ours!

October 29, 2016 / 8:40 am

Haha good point. I don’t know what to do w mine now haha

6. October 28, 2016 / 7:46 pm

I still the photos I took with my disposable underwater camera when I went to Thailand after high school. My friend got a shot of this evil fish on a snorkeling tour moments before it bit her nose. Ahhh memories!
    Bri recently posted…October Goals Recap – How did I do this month?My Profile

October 29, 2016 / 8:42 am

Hahaha that’s the best!

7. October 30, 2016 / 11:12 am

Glad you’re watching Westworld so we can talk about it 😛 I’m with you – the first couple episodes I LUUUURVVED but now I’m just super confused and a little freaked out 😛

October 31, 2016 / 11:08 am

Hahaha I agree. I need to watch the one from last night and see where it’s going

8. Caroline
    October 30, 2016 / 2:01 pm

Hi Erin! I am a new reader and just found your blog a few days ago. I’ve read through a number of your posts and felt the need to comment (which I never do!) because I feel like I know you even though I’ve never even met you before! Your posts are so honest and I resonate with so many of them. I will keep reading your blog every day! 🙂

October 31, 2016 / 11:09 am

Omg Caroline that’s so nice! Thank you so much for reading and commenting!!

9. October 30, 2016 / 7:08 pm

My roommate and I dressed up as PB&J for Halloween on Friday and I was a hippie Saturday!

I want to try that eyebrow gel too. Elf is so cheap- love that brand!
    Alyssa recently posted…Top 3 Friday 10/28/16My Profile

October 31, 2016 / 11:11 am

Aw that’s so cute. I saw a lot of multiple costumes which made me tired just thinking about it haha

October 31, 2016 / 11:11 am

Totally! And it works perfectly!