Weekend Eats and Sleeps

Hello and happy Monday!

I can’t believe this month is almost over guys. I was looking ahead on the calendar and there’s only two more months left in the year. Crazy!

Saturday morning I woke up with the windows cracked and cool fall air coming through. It was the best ever. My giant comforter kept me nice and warm and I wanted to stay in bed all day.

When the weather cools off, I want to eat giant bowls of oatmeal for every meal. I broke out the Purely Elizabeth one I shared about on Friday, topped it with some of their granola, dumped a giant glob of homemade pumpkin spice almond butter on top, and drizzled the whole thing in maple syrup. It was unreal.

Oatmeal Bowl

Neil and I watched cartoons like children and then decided to go to Green River, a place that we had seen online listed under “burgers to try.” It photographed well, but we we were both a little disappointed with it, especially considering that the price tag for each one was $15.

Green River Burger

After lunch we headed to Southport to take part in the annual mutt strut — a walk and party to help raise money for shelter dogs. If you followed along on IG, you saw all the dog madness, but unfortunately this was the only picture I happened to snap. No, I don’t have a dog, but I want to be around them at all times. It was amazing, even if all the dogs were more interested in each other than me manically trying to pet them all.

img_3852

We headed home and took a 2.5 hour nap. It was amazing, except that it was dark when I woke up so I was thoroughly confused. We started and are now current with Westworld on HBO which I had been hearing about everywhere. Have you seen it?

Sunday I had to teach at 8 and 9 am, so I headed out as the sun was rising. If you follow baseball, last night the Cubs won and are going to the World Series, so needless to say only about 7 people showed up to the 8 am. πŸ™‚ There was a much bigger turnout for 9 am and while I considered staying to take the next class, after seeing how tough it was, I decided to sit on my couch.

On the way out, I grabbed this magical drink at Kitchfix that I’ve been eyeing. Their decaf coffee hasn’t been available for weeks, but they finally had it again so I was able to drink it. On point.

img_3857

We had a friend over for a couple hours to watch football and we made these fancy brunch sandwiches. I can’t remember who told me try Rudi’s English Muffins (or whether it was on IG or here), but thank you! These are the most delicious English muffins ever and I want to eat them every day (which I might).

Egg Sandwich

I took another nap like a disrespectful host (Neil was awake), then woke up with energy to interact. Yesterday I scored some of these purple sweet potatoes at Whole Foods, so I made sure to make one as soon as possible.

Purple Sweet Potato

The rest of Sunday was super boring (the best) — catching up on blogs, writing training plans for the week, and just relaxing. I’ve got another fitness photoshoot coming up this weekend soooo I’ll be having a lot of delicious smoothies. Stay tuned!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s the best thing you ate?
  • Did you work out?

1. October 24, 2016 / 5:57 am

I’ve had mixed results with purple sweet potatoes. For some reason, they are always really dry for me. Dunno why. Green River is really good for dinner, I’m sad that you weren’t that impressed with the burger, which I have also heard is exceptional.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Weekend Wins #FlyTheWMy Profile

October 28, 2016 / 10:02 am

Yeah it wasn’t anything special in my opinion. This one was a little tougher than normal but still delicious!

October 28, 2016 / 10:03 am

That’s so hot! Crazy global warming. I think we may get one next year. Eek!

October 28, 2016 / 10:03 am

I had early bed times AND naps. LIVIN the life πŸ™‚

2. October 24, 2016 / 9:16 am

Your comment about that burger made me think about when we were in Switzerland, and we met one of our friends there. They told us that they had gotten a McDonald’s hamburger for about $14.00? O_O

A nap sounds really good; maybe I’ll take a nap today.
    Emily recently posted…Fudgy Coconut Chocolate Brownies with Matcha!My Profile

October 28, 2016 / 10:03 am

Holy cow that’s a lot! Hope you got your nap πŸ™‚

3. October 24, 2016 / 9:52 am

WEST WORLD!! WESSSTTTTT WOOOOOORLDDD. I’ve watched each episode twice so i dont miss anything and then the next day i go online and read like 5 different recaps of the episode so i REALLY dont miss anything. i’ve never been so obsessed with a show before.
    also that oatmeal looks freaking delicious. did you make the almond butter yourself?
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…I Fell Off My BikeMy Profile

October 28, 2016 / 10:04 am

Bahaha you’re crazy. You know i made that almond butter myself girl. Only the best for this mouth πŸ™‚

4. October 24, 2016 / 1:58 pm

Disappointing burgers are the worst. What a bummer! Had a similar experience at a place everyone raves about. Don’t know how they managed it but even the bacon was boring. BACON! Unheard of. Terrible.

Folks were down so I cooked all weekend so I’ve got lots of things on the “best” list. But, maybe it was the donut from the place up the road? πŸ˜‰

October 28, 2016 / 10:04 am

Yeah it’s hard to screw up bacon!

October 28, 2016 / 10:05 am

Banff! That’s on my bucket list of places. So beautiful!

5. October 24, 2016 / 4:43 pm

Have you ever been to Grange Hall Burger Bar on Randolph? They’ve got amazing fancy burgers! Would love to hear what you think if you ever try it.

I went to Toronto this weekend and finally tried Tim Horton’s! I’m not sure if it was the best thing I’ve ever ate but I sure enjoyed my bagel breakfast sandwich and large coffee the morning after a late night. I also had a burrito at a place called Fat Bastard which was amazing – I usually don’t trust build-your-own establishments to produce amazing food but it was so solid.

Didn’t work out, but hopping back on the grind tonight and totally looking forward to it!

October 28, 2016 / 10:06 am

I don’t think we’ve been there – definitely adding it to my list! I’ll be sure to report back if I do! All those eats sound amazing πŸ™‚