Escaping the Weekend

Hey guys! Welcome to Monday!

This weekend was actually busier than normal even if I don’t have all the pictures to prove it. 🙂

I did end up going to work out on Saturday with some friends and as you can see by my beet red face, it was totally worth it. We’ve all been meeting at Big City Crossfit on Saturdays when we can and I think my friends have suckered me into signing up for a 4-week challenge in the month of February. I’ll update you once I have all the details, but for a couple weeks it may mean that my Instagram isn’t as jam-packed with desserts (insert crying emoji).

img_6226

After working out, I grabbed some groceries so Neil and I could make giant sandwiches for lunch. We spend the rest of the day tidying, napping, and watching movies (Malcolm X and The Raid: Redemption).

Sunday I woke up, ate a leisurely breakfast, and made some more ghee.

Then it was GAME ON. I was super excited because it was time to go to Paniq Room. The basis of Paniq Room is that you are locked in a room and given 60 min to solve clues that will help you escape. This particular location has three different rooms — Infection, The Mob, and Prison.

Paniq Room Chicago

Neil and I met with up our friends Matt and his girlfriend Laura to turn into convicts for an hour.

You guys — it was so much fun. We ended up finishing a couple min after the hour only because we thought we had completed everything and wasted time not doing anything. When we realized that we still had more to go, we scrambled to get it done.

For prison, there were actually two cells and we split into two teams of two to cooperate and help each other out with items from both rooms. It was seriously so much fun and I love solving puzzles.

If you have one of these places near you, you must go. It was so much fun and I want to go back and do the other rooms as well. We weren’t allowed to take any photos inside the room, but we got this nice shot once we were finished.

Paniq Room Chicago 2

Afterwards we drove to Wicker Park to grab lunch at Dimo’s. You may remember my obsession with their mac n cheese pizza, but I hadn’t actually been in a couple months. We grabbed a cookie at Insomnia Cookies after that, then coffee, then home.

Dimos

By then it was already into the evening, so Neil and I watched some Blackish and I got started on some work prepping for this week. I am starting some new freelancing work in February, so I really need to buckle down and get some organization in order. I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend!

Let me know how your weekend was!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • Have you ever done an escape room?

February 10, 2017 / 5:38 pm

It’s not small! It was big and well lit haha

1. January 30, 2017 / 5:31 am

OK now I want to do one of those escape rooms this coming weekend. I’ve been longing to for a while and now with all the crap 🙂 happening in the world I need a way to distract my brain for hours at a time
    Carla recently posted…Whats your drishti in the world?My Profile

February 10, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Do it! It’s so much fun

2. January 30, 2017 / 7:23 am

I’m so curious about those escape room things. Does it feel scary while you’re doing it? Like, is it meant to be escape from the bad people? I always wondered if it was more of a mind puzzle or like a terrifying attraction! haha
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…Pregnancy Update: Weeks 13-16My Profile

January 30, 2017 / 7:39 am

Oh no not at all. It’s bright and open and you just have to solve logic puzzles to get out 🙂

3. January 30, 2017 / 7:57 am

My friends and I did an escape adventure room. It was tough but we ended up getting out just in time. With hints. And a little extra pity time. Haha.

4. January 30, 2017 / 9:55 am

I’ve never done an escape room, but it honestly looks so so fun; and hard. I might just freak out. O_O And that mac n’ cheese pizza gets me excited every time you post it.
    Emily recently posted…Why I Love Women, Life, and RecoveryMy Profile

5. January 30, 2017 / 1:38 pm

HAHA i did an escape room one time with three girlfriends. the people who were helping us (it was like a week before it opened so they were still ironing out the kinks) probably thought we were the DUMBEST girls. we literally couldn’t figure out a single thing, and the helpers would be like ‘HEY… why don’t you check out THIS BARREL RIGHT HERE???’
    We never ever ever would have made it out without their help.
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…Vegetarian Pasta e FagioliMy Profile

February 10, 2017 / 5:39 pm

Hahahaha. I’ve heard there’s one where there’s a zombie chained in the corner and as the time goes on the chain gets let out a bit at a time. So basically you’d be eaten

6. January 30, 2017 / 3:18 pm

The idea of being locked in somewhere with a time limit for escape sends shivers down my spine – I’d crumble under the pressure! But I wish I didn’t think like that because everyone I know who has been has had great fun, so I might need to swallow my fear and give it a go!
    Suzi recently posted…Jumping inMy Profile

February 10, 2017 / 5:40 pm

Yeah it’s really not scary! You just have to solve some puzzles to get out

7. January 31, 2017 / 4:28 pm

The Panic room sounds so fun, never done anything like that before! COngrats on new consulting gig! xoxo