First Weekend of 2017

Happy Monday!

Saturday I headed to a morning workout at Big City Crossfit. I’ve been there once before and it’s always been great. I didn’t snap a picture of it, but by the end we had each done:

• 100 wall balls
  • 50 burpees
  • 100 KB swings
  • 100 goblet squats
  • 100 overhead lunges
  • 100 plate jumps
  • 75 push ups
  • 1000 m row

Woof. I love that over time my friends and I have developed a growing email chain letting each other know when we are working out and where. This not only motivates me, but also allows me to coordinate workouts with friends. I usually make my own solo plans, but fitness is always better with friends, right?

Sidenote: Most crossfit gyms also offer non-crossfit classes, such as this one. The focus is more on metabolic conditioning and doesn’t contain the Olympic lifting, so don’t always write them off if they have the word “crossfit” in them. 🙂

img_8702

As with most workouts, I wasn’t hungry immediately following, but as I headed home I remembered that Stan’s Donuts had a limited edition Butterfinger donut over the weekend. I stopped by to grab one for later and then picked up sushi for Neil and I for lunch. This is seriously getting out of hand.

Stans Donuts

I was actually very productive this weekend (aside from napping). Once I got home I bottled and flavored my next batch of kombucha and whipped up some pistachio butter, which you may have seen on my IG stories.

Pistachio Butter

I also did some cleaning up around the house and followed it up with even more on Sunday when we took down the Christmas tree and did a more deep clean of everything. See you next year Christmas tree. 🙁

This weekend was the start of football playoffs which meant that Neil was sucked into the TV for both days instead of just one. I started reading The Brothers Karamazov and watched another cult documentary before calling it a night.

Sunday morning we headed out to grab some groceries and Neil made sure to overcompensate for the 11 degree weather.

img_5728

Who thought I would ever say something like that concerning an 11 degree temperature. Since moving to Chicago I realized that as long as you dress appropriately it’s really not that terrible.

We cleaned, napped, I read some more, watched the Packers win (!) and then switched over to the Golden Globes. I’m pumped this week is only four days since Friday we leave for the Dominican Republic. If any of you have been and have any tips or places we should go, let me know!! We are staying at an Airbnb and not an all-inclusive resort, so any food places you may know that won’t make us sick would be two thumbs up. HA.

Hope you all had a great weekend and I’ll catch up with you soon!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • How was your weather?
  • Do you have anything fun planned this week?

1. January 9, 2017 / 5:18 am

I’m. So. So. Neil.
    It was 19° here – – which is freezing for Texas – – I was laughed at by strangers I overcompensated so much 🙂
    Carla recently posted…My 2017 mindful resolutions.My Profile

January 9, 2017 / 8:17 pm

Oh I would too if I wasn’t used to it. That’s really cold for Texas!!

January 9, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Omg I know. I knew Aaron was in there somewhere!

January 9, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Yeah no I can see it. I just hate having to turn my whole body to see out of my periphery haha

2. January 9, 2017 / 6:31 am

Haha that jacket is incredible! No wind burn/freezing face with that thing on. That butterfinger donut is what dreams are made of. Yummm
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…The Weekender 1/7My Profile

January 9, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Right on both accounts haha

January 9, 2017 / 8:19 pm

Tell me where to eat so we don’t get sick! Neil is freaking out hahaha

January 9, 2017 / 8:19 pm

It was a good one for sure! I don’t mind the cold but I hate when snow gets in the mix

3. January 9, 2017 / 9:40 am

It’s so true that if you bundle up; cold weather isn’t that bad. I only really feel it if I didn’t dress right. And that Crossfit workout sounds like it would make you so sore. I would limping around after that. 🙂 You’re amazing Erin.
    Emily recently posted…Caramelized Raspberry Banana Chocolate French ToastMy Profile

January 9, 2017 / 8:20 pm

Haha thanks Emily! Definitely feeling it today!

4. January 9, 2017 / 1:08 pm

I’ve felt cold over here in Seattle but this is nothing compared to 11 degrees! I think I need a coat like that 🙂

January 9, 2017 / 8:23 pm

It’s a serious one. I had never even heard of it until I moved here!

5. January 9, 2017 / 2:05 pm

The right parka is key in the cold!
    You’ve motivated me to try making my own nut butter! For some reason I’m being lazy (probably because nuts are expensive AF here, but I can get some at TJ’s this weekend!) but I really should try it.
    Ange // Cowgirl Runs recently posted…My Word for 2017My Profile

January 9, 2017 / 8:23 pm

You guys are super cold up there too! And DO IT. literally one of the easiest things ever.

6. January 9, 2017 / 6:41 pm

I mostly hibernated this weekend because it was also freezing and snowing here. That trip sounds lovely–I can’t wait to hear about it!
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…4 Year AnniversaryMy Profile

January 9, 2017 / 8:24 pm

Fingers crossed we don’t get sick which is what I hear from other people hahaha. I’ll share all about it!