Five Things Friday #122

Happy Friday!

I’ve got a pretty random assortment of things for today’s lineup, but they’ve all been part of my week. Some weeks I can come up with five things no problem and other times I find myself starting vacantly around my house, turning in circles and hoping my eye catches on something that I wasn’t thinking about. 🙂

This weekend I may head to another Saturday workout with friends, but I’m trying to figure out the most cost effective way to go about it. I have a Crossfit package already, which doesn’t come cheap, and if I go every week to work out at another place, it only makes sense to buy a package of sessions there too. Basically I’m going to spend all my money on fitness and Whole Foods.

Sunday we have plans to go to one of those escape rooms where you have to solve clues in order to get out. I’m so excited. Of course it’s a prison, so I will probably be out in like 20 min…or 9 months. HA.

Let me know what you guys have planned for this weekend!

1. Big Spoon Roasters

My friend Kelly sent me this chai spice nut butter by Big Spoon Roasters and I am super pumped about it. You all know I usually make my own nut butters, but if someone gives me one that’s already made, I’m certainly going to eat it.

As soon as I read the ingredients I was excited about it — peanuts, almonds, honey, cardamom, clove, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, black pepper, and sea salt. Get out. This is going to be gone in less than a week.

Big spoon nut butter

2. NOW Foods Effer-C

As I’m sure you’ve noticed by now, I share a lot of NOW Foods products. I was provided these free of charge, but I’m sharing about them because I really feel like they work. You know when you’re starting to feel under the weather and then ask social media what they do and get a million answers? Just me? Anyway, usually those things don’t work for me, but the last two times I’ve felt that way I’ve used one of these packets and VOILA — good as gold.

It’s a simple vitamin C powder you mix with water and drink. I really feel like these have helped me ward off some icky days by pumping up that immune system.

NOW Foods

3. I Heart Keenwah Chocolate Puffs

So I’ve shared about regular I Heart Keenwah’s quinoa snacks, but they’ve recently come out with chocolate covered puffed quinoa for those of us who like our whole worlds covered in chocolate. I got these in the mail the other day and almost ate the whole bag. Granted, it’s small, but still.

Keep in mind that yes there’s quinoa and quinoa is healthy, but there’s also a generous chocolate shell around it, so don’t go super crazy. Definitely a good evening snack though.

I heart keenwah

4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

I’ve used this for years, but was only reminded of it this week when I went to our holiday party for Sweat. Normally I put clear mascara on my eyebrows to give some semblance of order on my face and mascara and that’s it for day to day, but when going out last weekend I busted out the eyeshadow and a little more makeup.

This primer is awesome. My eyeshadow stays in place forever without creasing and I’m always sad to wash my face at night because I still feel fancy. A little bit goes a long way, so this tube last forever.

urban decay

5. Bejeweled

This may seem totally random, but I’ve gotten back into playing Bejeweled now that I realized I could download it on my phone for free. I used to play this ALL THE TIME and I love it because for some reason it speaks to my sense of order and I find it soothing to match up gems and clear out the board.

In the iPhone version there is a “zen mode” which allows you to play indefinitely without the risk of running out of moves, and I’m all about it. You can even select to play ambient noises, mantras, or breathing techniques as you play, but I haven’t quite gone that far.

bejeweled-18

(source)

That’s it for this week. I’m hoping my new reading glasses come today so that I can read forever this weekend, but I’ll keep you updated! Have a great weekend!

• What’s  one of your favorite things this week?
  • What are you doing this weekend?

1. January 27, 2017 / 5:08 am

I’ve been using that urban dekay for years and love it! Need those chocolate quinoa balls in my life! BYW- totally laughed out loud when you said you spend all your money on fitness and food. I feel like that’s me sometimes!
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Frequently Asked Questions About MeMy Profile

January 27, 2017 / 9:35 pm

I know I was like uh I need to calm this down. Or maybe not since they’re my favorite things haha

January 27, 2017 / 9:35 pm

I’m playing it right now

January 27, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Yes! The primer is so magical. And I’m so excited to do this escape room!

2. January 27, 2017 / 8:43 am

My favorite thing this week… the crock pot. It made my Thursday night TV lineup taste so much better haha.

Can we please talk about how yummy that nut butter sounds!? Jealous.

January 27, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Come have some!

3. January 27, 2017 / 8:55 am

Thanks for including the Chocolate Puffs, Erin! Have a great weekend!

January 27, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Anytime! They’re magical!

4. January 27, 2017 / 10:01 am

Ooh all the food… Kelly found a gem in that nut butter; I’ve never seen a chai spice nut butter before. And those chocolate puffs? How could you go wrong? Also, I think that package of Health Warrior bars was one of my favorite things this week. I haven’t eaten one yet, but I just think I am going to like them. Also, another favorite thing? Taking the huskies on runs this week.
    Emily recently posted…Chunky Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

January 27, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Let me know how you like them! And I’d love to play w your dogs!!

January 27, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Oh snap tinted ones! I’ll have to look for those!

5. steph
    January 27, 2017 / 11:52 am

I’m a clear mascara girl, too. I knew I liked you for a reason 😉

January 27, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Hahaha all day

January 27, 2017 / 9:38 pm

I’m testing out my reading glasses on it right now haha

January 27, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Good thing they’re small haha

6. January 28, 2017 / 10:10 am

I love Urban Decay’s eye shadow primer!!! I had a tube of it years ago and stopped wearing as much make-up so I didn’t replace it, and forgot about the product. I recently picked up a tube again to use when I’m doing stage make-up and was reminded how freaking amazing it is. Not only does it get me through a performance without eyeshadow clumping in my crease, but I actually slept in my make-up on NYE and my eye shadow was still perfect the next day.
    Maggie Wolff recently posted…Three Things ThursdayMy Profile

7. January 28, 2017 / 2:09 pm

Oh Bejeweled, I haven’t played that in forever!
    Have a great weekend 🙂
    Jen recently posted…Fitness FridayMy Profile

8. January 29, 2017 / 9:23 am

Hi, Erin! Love your website! Try the Crossfit class! You’ll be hooked! Just start out slow–maybe only one or two days a week at first. It’ll be cheaper that way. Enjoy your week!!

9. January 29, 2017 / 10:57 am

Ahhh I LOVE that Urban Decay primer!! It makes as difference, I think!!

One of those escape rooms opened up a bit ago in downtown Cville and I want to try it…but also mildly afraid I’ll be claustrophobic 😛
    Jess @hellotofit recently posted…Peanut Butter Medjool Date Energy BitesMy Profile