Puzzles and Purple Kale

Happy Monday guys!

This weekend was nice and low key, so of course I don’t have a ton of pictures to share with you again.

On Friday I got my package from Amazon that I had been waiting for — a new jigsaw puzzle! I had been yearning to do one for a couple weeks and finally broke down and bought one. I don’t do them very often, but every now and then I really love it.

Neil and I worked on it all weekend and finally finished it on Sunday night. So satisfying.

On Saturday morning I headed to my workout as part of the challenge. I made it there five days and by Saturday my body told me that it had had enough and definitely needed Sunday to rest. As you can see by my extremely red face, it was a good workout.

I headed home to make breakfast and shower. I made sure to get in my English muffin with homemade almond butter and cherry jelly — something that I haven’t been able to eat every day on this nutrition plan.

I actually think it made be good, however, since every time I’ve had one I’ve felt tired afterwards. When I don’t have one during the day I’m awake, so if the carbs and sugar are making me tired I’m going to be upset since they’re SO GOOD.

I also did some pseudo meal prep over both days so that I had some food on hand for the coming week. I roasted brussels sprouts and golden beets, spiralized some sweet potatoes, and cooked up some ground turkey.

Saturday we spent inside watching a ton of movies, but I also managed to squeeze in making almond butter and a new batch of kombucha as well.

Sunday we were planning on going to a matinee movie, but opted to stay home and work on the puzzle most of the day instead. We only left the house to grab some more groceries for the week, including this “flowering kale” which I HAD TO HAVE. I mean, just look at it!

After shopping, we hung out, finished the puzzle (yesss), and just enjoyed a relaxing night at home. This week my schedule isn’t quite as forgiving as it was last week and I’ll be heading to some 5:15 am workouts in order to fit them in. Pray for me.

I hope you all had a marvelous weekend — let me know what you did in the comments!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What’s one thing you’re excited about this week?

February 17, 2017 / 12:00 pm

I hardly ever see it!

1. February 13, 2017 / 5:11 am

Your weekend sounds nice! Which movies did you watch? The last movie I saw Trolls with my stepkids ha. This weekend we had snow, so we took the dog for lots of snowy walks in the woods which were lovely, and went on a drive for some fish and chips! Good luck with the early wake ups 🙂

February 17, 2017 / 12:01 pm

We watched trolls recently too! So cute. We watched Manchester by the sea, arrival, and nocturnal animals. All good!

2. February 13, 2017 / 5:32 am

Oh my gosh I have to have that as well. The child is going through a wonky phase of asking me repeatedly what I want for Valentine’s Day. She’s tired of my saying beef jerky 🙂 she wants me to want flowers. I will take some flowering kale!!
    Carla recently posted…A Take What You Need Valentines Day.My Profile

February 17, 2017 / 12:01 pm

That’s perfect!

3. February 13, 2017 / 9:24 am

Praying for you… You’ve got a big week ahead, and I’m glad you got a refreshing, refueling weekend. That’s such a blessing; it’s always nice to wake up on Monday, refreshed and ready to go.

And that purple kale is so pretty… It’s gorgeous. We were just talking last night about how God made so many beautiful veggies and fruits; that is a new one I’ve never seen before.

How many pieces were there in the puzzle?
    Emily recently posted…Why You Don’t Have to Be Skinny to Be a Dancer (Marina’s Story)My Profile

February 17, 2017 / 12:01 pm

1000!

4. February 13, 2017 / 9:39 am

Hi Erin!! So interesting, you felt better on days you did NOT east the english muffin? I am about to start working with a macros coach and hoping to learn a better way to eat. You’re amazing!

February 17, 2017 / 12:02 pm

Aw thanks girl! Yeah, I felt like I was more tired after my muffin but that’s when I also had cherry jelly on it. One day I had it w just almond butter and it didn’t seem to have the same effect

February 17, 2017 / 12:02 pm

Yeah there’s a fine balance w snow haha

5. February 13, 2017 / 4:15 pm

Wow I’ve never seen purple kale before! Does it taste the same? I’m not a huge puzzle person because I end up getting frustrated…that puzzle looks so hard!
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…Gender Reveal PartyMy Profile

February 17, 2017 / 12:02 pm

It was so much fun. And it does taste basically like kale

6. February 15, 2017 / 4:34 pm

I’ll be so sad for you if it’s the English muffin making you tired.
    As not a morning person, a 5:15 workout sounds scary, but is also something I WISH I could do (as I’m yawning at 3:30 after waking up at 7…..oops).
    Ange // Cowgirl Runs recently posted…Dynamic Warm Up for RunnersMy Profile

February 17, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Omg me too. I need those muffins to live! I only turned into a morning person in the last couple years and I love it!